Wikiposts

Second RFE on Medical

Old Jan 20th 2010, 3:58 am
Just Joined

DiCo is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Second RFE on Medical

Quick update,

I filed my I-485 back in November. Received an RFE for for the medical in December so sent the Vaccine part of the I-693 back (didn't need the full medical as I had mine in August 2009).

Yesterday I received a further RFE on the medical again, this time with a hand written note at the bottom saying to send in a FULL medical and not just the vaccination part!

I think this is pretty ridiculous and I'm guessing my medical report from London must have been lost over the past few months in their hands.

Only advice I can give to people in the same boat as me right now is to get a full medical and don't just send the vaccine part of the I-693 if you get an RFE on this. This will save you weeks in the waiting process if that is a concern. Luckily I found a USCIS surgeon that only charges $110 for the full medical, considerably less than what some people in this blog have stated.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 6:02 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Second RFE on Medical

Sorry to hear that. As I stated we had gotten an RFE for a medical as well even though my husband had his for his K1. As I mentioned we just got a new medical and sent it in. It really is BS. What made me really mad was that Knightsbridge doesn't even keep copies of the medicals . My attorney thinks ours could have gotten lost as well or they didn't realise it was a K1. She had told us that we could just send in the vac suppliment as well or just send in a letter that he didn't need another medical since he had already gotten one for the visa but that they could send another RFE requesting it anyway. If it helps my husband got his greencard in the mail a month later no interview. Maybe an attorney on this forum could post some advice regarding this matter?
Old Jan 20th 2010, 6:16 am
Just Joined

DiCo is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply, that's good to know. I now wish I had sent in the full medical too, I'd probably have my EAD at least.

Where was your husbands case processed? Mine seems to be at the National Benefits Center.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 6:24 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

All family based adjustment cases go to the NBC for preliminary processing & interim benefits.
Final I-485 adjudication is done in the local field office.

Unfortunately, it seems this medical report problem has started with the expanded use of NBC.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 10:04 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Unless it's done at the CSC.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by meauxna
Final I-485 adjudication is done in the local field office.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 4:30 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DiCo
Thanks for the reply, that's good to know. I now wish I had sent in the full medical too, I'd probably have my EAD at least.

Where was your husbands case processed? Mine seems to be at the National Benefits Center.
Our case was sent to VSC and then transferred to CSC.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by DiCo

My husband actually got his EAD and advanced parole over two months before we got the RFE for his medical.