Reload this Page >

Second AOS Interview in San Diego

Second AOS Interview in San Diego

Old Jun 20th 2002, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

pjane1954 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Second AOS Interview in San Diego

Good afternoon:
We had our second AOS Interview this morning in San Diego. At our first Interview, the lady asked us to come back with more proof of relationship. So, we took with us a folder crammed with documentation, plus 4 affadavits from very close friends and a neighbor. This time the interviewer was way more friendly and very impressed with all that we had brought with us.
However we are still not approved.
She told us that since my husband had been sent back to UK for using the Visa Waiver too many times, that it was a red flag and the file now goes to the Supervisor.
I asked if this was strictly procedure and she said it was. She said there are many red flags and this is one of them. I asked would we be receiving a letter in the mail and she said yes. then we both shook her hand and left. Even though it doesn't sound that good, I'm pretty happy because I feel confident we will be approved now! Does anyone know if this letter will be weeks or possibly months? Just curious, and eyes are burning from browsing the forum! Thank you.
Old Jun 20th 2002, 12:20 pm
Andy Platt

Default Re: Second AOS Interview in San Diego

Congrats, I guess ... let's hope they get the approval quickly!

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination. "pjane1954"
<[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Good afternoon: We had our second AOS Interview this morning in San Diego. At our
    > first Interview, the lady asked us to come back with more proof of relationship.
    > So, we took with us a folder crammed with documentation, plus 4 affadavits from
    > very close friends and a neighbor. This time the interviewer was way more friendly
    > and very impressed with all that we had brought with us. However we are still not
    > approved. She told us that since my husband had been sent back to UK for using the
    > Visa Waiver too many times, that it was a red flag and the file now goes to the
    > Supervisor. I asked if this was strictly procedure and she said it was. She said
    > there are many red flags and this is one of them. I asked would we be receiving a
    > letter in the mail and she said yes. then we both shook her hand and left. Even
    > though it doesn't sound that good, I'm pretty happy because I feel confident we
    > will be approved now! Does anyone know if this letter will be weeks or possibly
    > months? Just curious, and eyes are burning from browsing the forum! Thank you.
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Penny
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jun 20th 2002, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for the congrats. I didn't think to ask her if she was recommending approval or not. I kind of feel up in the air again.
Old Jun 20th 2002, 2:24 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on getting the second one out of the way ... but bummer on the delay.

Penny, how many times did your husband use the VWP and during what length of time? Is he independently well off and can show that he didn't need to work to support himself during all those visits? Or did he perhaps live with you and you supported him? Did he work at all in the US during those visits?

The reason I'm asking all those questions is because the reason you were given for the "red" flag is one I've not heard of before at an AOS intervew. Those questions are the ones that come to mind for me and I'm wondering if INS will have the same, similar and/or additional questions.

Also I don't recall, the memory seems to be on vacation right now, if he came here on a K-1 or if you just married during one of his visits? If married while visiting, I'm wondering if INS could or would make a case for fraud based on the frequency of trips.

I'm not asking to scare you but really am curious as to what prompted this red flag. There doesn't seem to be a reason to deny AOS that I can see so don't fret.

Rete
Old Jun 20th 2002, 3:20 pm
Simon Jessey

<She told us that since my husband had been sent back to UK for using the Visa Waiver
too many times, that it was a red flag and the file now goes to the Supervisor.>

What do they call "too many times", just out of interest? I used a visa waiver on 20
occasions in a 4 year period, but 10 of those were in the last year before I finally
got my K1 Visa.

Simon Jessey

See my timeline and get K1 / AOS info at my website:- http://jessey.net/visa

Old Jun 20th 2002, 3:20 pm
Andy Platt

"Simon Jessey" <[email protected]> wrote ...

> <She told us that since my husband had been sent back to UK for using the
Visa
    > Waiver too many times, that it was a red flag and the file now goes to the
    > Supervisor.>
    >
    > What do they call "too many times", just out of interest? I used a visa
waiver
    > on 20 occasions in a 4 year period, but 10 of those were in the last year before I
    > finally got my K1 Visa.

There isn't a definition. The issue here is that he had been denied entry at the
POE. If he hadn't been they wouldn't have even looked at the number of times he'd
been here.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

Old Jun 20th 2002, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

He came in the year 2000, three times: March thru May, June thru Sept, Oct thru Dec. He was on his way back in mid-Dec 2000 when they stopped him and sent him back to the UK for using the Visa Waiver too much.
At that time, we decided to get married and we went the K-1 Route. He came over to the US in July 2001. We married in August 2001.
The denied entry from Dec 2000 came up during the FBI background check. I understand from M. Udall that the denied entry has no bearing on the issuance of the AoS, however.
All that was taken care of at the London end, from what I understand.