Old Jun 17th 2002, 7:20 am
La_joconde_oran

Default SEATTLE INS Suboffice Questions

The INS site lists the phone number for the Seattle SubOffice as
(206)553-5956. When I call that number I get a message that says to call
1-800-375-5283 instead. When I call that number and make my way through various
phone trees, I get a recording that says that all agents are busy, and then it
HANGS UP, without giving me an option to wait for the next available agent

Does anyone know a direct Seattle phone number?

The specific information I hope to find out by calling the local suboffice is if
there is anyone there who can look over my initial paperwork for the I-129F Fiancé
Visa, BEFORE I submit it officially. I've heard that other suboffices will do this.
Is it true?

Melissa

Old Jun 17th 2002, 9:20 am
Ranjini

Default Re: SEATTLE INS Suboffice Questions

INS sub offices here in Washington state, have chosen not to be available on their
direct lines, for some reason. It's probably the same in other states too. I don't
really know. But I have seen an email address for the Seattle office posted on this
forum address from time to time, if that is of any help to you. I cannot, however,
answer the second part of your question. You may have to make a visit to the Seattle
office to find out. Ranjini

"la_joconde_orange" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > The INS site lists the phone number for the Seattle SubOffice as
    > (206)553-5956. When I call that number I get a message that says to call
    > 1-800-375-5283 instead. When I call that number and make my way through
    > various phone trees, I get a recording that says that all agents are busy, and
    > then it HANGS UP, without giving me an option to wait for the next available
    > agent
    >
    > Does anyone know a direct Seattle phone number?
    >
    > The specific information I hope to find out by calling the local suboffice is if
    > there is anyone there who can look over my initial paperwork for the I-129F Fiancé
    > Visa, BEFORE I submit it officially. I've heard that other suboffices will do this.
    > Is it true?
    >
    > Melissa

Old Jun 17th 2002, 1:20 pm
Squidburger2

[email protected] (la_joconde_orange) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > The INS site lists the phone number for the Seattle SubOffice as
    > (206)553-5956. When I call that number I get a message that says to call
    > 1-800-375-5283 instead. When I call that number and make my way through
    > various phone trees, I get a recording that says that all agents are busy, and
    > then it HANGS UP, without giving me an option to wait for the next available
    > agent
    >
    > Does anyone know a direct Seattle phone number?
    >
    > The specific information I hope to find out by calling the local suboffice is if
    > there is anyone there who can look over my initial paperwork for the I-129F Fiancé
    > Visa, BEFORE I submit it officially. I've heard that other suboffices will do this.
    > Is it true?
    >
    > Melissa

Hi Melissa, The local numbers were discontinued by the INS and now they have a
national hotline instead which is the 1-800 number you can get off the www.ins.gov
website. It is 1 (800) 375-5283. This was an attempt to avoid exactly the kind of
request you have. Even if you do reach someone they will not be able to help as they
can only see what the offices have filed into the larger INS computer system.
Requests for information usually take 3-4 weeks for responses.

Also, you do not submit your I-129 to Seattle, that paperwork goes to the Nebraska
Service Center (NSC) to be processed. There is a big difference between a Service
Center (approves the I-129F) and the local INS Field Office which is Seattle for you.
The local office only handles the case once the person has entered the US and is
adjusting status. Please read the INS website in more detail about what is handled at
the Service Center and what is the jurisdiction of the Field Offices.

I went through the whole process last year- I suggest searching the newsgroup for
Seattle INS to find out more about Seattle experiences. Also, read the k1faq.com
website carefully. Good luck.

Also on the website they have some Outreach Locations that may or may not be able to
help you. Here is the information I got off the website. OUTREACH LOCATIONS

The Immigration and Naturalization Service offices listed below are open to the
general public for general information and forms. See also our Sub Offices in
Spokane and Yakima. Interviews are conducted by appointment only in Seattle,
Spokane, and Yakima.

Bellevue Blakemoore House 10001 NE 4th St. 3rd Floor Bellevue, WA 98004 Open Tuesday
and Thursday, 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM Closed Monday, Wednesday, and Friday

McChord Air Force Base - Serves all branches of active and retired military
personnel and their dependents only. Family Support Center BLDG. 552 McChord, AFB
Open: Tuesday only
7:30 AM to 3:00 PM (closed 12:00 to 1:00 PM)

Tacoma World Trade Center Bldg. 3600 Port of Tacoma Rd #108 Tacoma, WA 98424 Open:
Mon., Thurs., and Friday
8:30 AM to 3:00 PM (closed 12:00 to 1:00 PM) Closed every Tuesday and Wednesday

Old Jun 17th 2002, 2:20 pm
Melissa

Thank you. I know I don't file my I-129 F in Seattle. I was only wondering if there
was such a thing there as someone who could preview the paperwork for accuracy and
completeness BEFORE I send it to Nebraska.

I THINK that perhaps the Outreach Locations you spoke of may be what I have in mind,
but didn't know the name of. I will follow up on that.

Melissa

"squidburger2" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] (la_joconde_orange) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > > The INS site lists the phone number for the Seattle SubOffice as
    > > (206)553-5956. When I call that number I get a message that says to call
    > > 1-800-375-5283 instead. When I call that number and make my way through
    > > various phone trees, I get a recording that says that all agents are busy,
    > > and then it HANGS UP, without giving me an option to wait for the next
    > > available agent
    > >
    > > Does anyone know a direct Seattle phone number?
    > >
    > > The specific information I hope to find out by calling the local suboffice is if
    > > there is anyone there who can look over my initial paperwork for the I-129F
    > > Fiancé Visa, BEFORE I submit it officially. I've heard that other suboffices will
    > > do this. Is it true?
    > >
    > > Melissa
    >
    > Hi Melissa, The local numbers were discontinued by the INS and now they have a
    > national hotline instead which is the 1-800 number you can get off the www.ins.gov
    > website. It is 1 (800) 375-5283. This was an attempt to avoid exactly the kind of
    > request you have. Even if you do reach someone they will not be able to help as
    > they can only see what the offices have filed into the larger INS computer system.
    > Requests for information usually take 3-4 weeks for responses.
    >
    > Also, you do not submit your I-129 to Seattle, that paperwork goes to the Nebraska
    > Service Center (NSC) to be processed. There is a big difference between a Service
    > Center (approves the I-129F) and the local INS Field Office which is Seattle for
    > you. The local office only handles the case once the person has entered the US and
    > is adjusting status. Please read the INS website in more detail about what is
    > handled at the Service Center and what is the jurisdiction of the Field Offices.
    >
    > I went through the whole process last year- I suggest searching the newsgroup for
    > Seattle INS to find out more about Seattle experiences. Also, read the k1faq.com
    > website carefully. Good luck.
    >
    > Also on the website they have some Outreach Locations that may or may not be able
    > to help you. Here is the information I got off the website. OUTREACH LOCATIONS
    >
    > The Immigration and Naturalization Service offices listed below are open to the
    > general public for general information and forms. See also our Sub Offices in
    > Spokane and Yakima. Interviews are conducted by appointment only in Seattle,
    > Spokane, and Yakima.
    >
    > Bellevue Blakemoore House 10001 NE 4th St. 3rd Floor Bellevue, WA 98004 Open
    > Tuesday and Thursday, 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM Closed Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
    >
    >
    > McChord Air Force Base - Serves all branches of active and retired military
    > personnel and their dependents only. Family Support Center BLDG. 552 McChord, AFB
    > Open: Tuesday only
    > 7:30 AM to 3:00 PM (closed 12:00 to 1:00 PM)
    >
    > Tacoma World Trade Center Bldg. 3600 Port of Tacoma Rd #108 Tacoma, WA 98424 Open:
    > Mon., Thurs., and Friday
    > 7:30 AM to 3:00 PM (closed 12:00 to 1:00 PM) Closed every Tuesday and Wednesday