Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Sealed Vaccination Supplement

Wikiposts

Sealed Vaccination Supplement

Old Nov 3rd 2004, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

melody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nice
Red face Sealed Vaccination Supplement

The civil surgeon wouldn't let us have a copy of the vaccination supplement prior to her sealing it in an envelope. We're going through sacramento and I can't find anything on the sacramento link advising if we need an original or copy and/or if we submit it at time of filing or during the AOS interview. Can anyone help me????

Melody
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 11:22 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sealed Vaccination Supplement

Originally Posted by melody32
The civil surgeon wouldn't let us have a copy of the vaccination supplement prior to her sealing it in an envelope. We're going through sacramento and I can't find anything on the sacramento link advising if we need an original or copy and/or if we submit it at time of filing or during the AOS interview. Can anyone help me????

Melody

If it were me, I would take it to the interview and not include it with the original application for adjustment.

Rete
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

melody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rete
If it were me, I would take it to the interview and not include it with the original application for adjustment.

Rete
I could always make a copy of the envelopes front & back sides and the receipt from civil surgeon and include that in the application.

Thanks Rete for calming my worried mind.
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 1:17 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Melody,

We are doing AOS in Phoenix, but the same thing happened. The civil surgeon said he can't give us a copy, but handed us the sealed envelope. I made copies of the envelope and the receipt for payment to the civil surgeon, but I didn't include any of that along with the I-485. I figured we'll take it to the interview.

My concern is that our interview won't be until summer of 2006, so I am wondering by that time if my hubby will need another whole medical done anyway. Having the vaccination supplement on hand now might be a moot point by that time.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 1:32 pm
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all

Melody
As far as I am aware you have to send the sealed medical in with your application. That is what I did, the surgeon's staff did not seal it though until I checked all my details and made sure it was correct. They also gave me all the vacination reports so that I would have them in the future.

I would think you should have been able to get the vacination papers, those alone would save you those fees if you have to get a second medical.

Patrick
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 4:13 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by inquisitive40
As far as I am aware you have to send the sealed medical in with your application. That is what I did, the surgeon's staff did not seal it though until I checked all my details and made sure it was correct. They also gave me all the vacination reports so that I would have them in the future.

I would think you should have been able to get the vacination papers, those alone would save you those fees if you have to get a second medical.

Patrick
Hi Patrick,

Melody isn't talking about the whole medical, which for a K1 entrant comes in a sealed envelope that you hand over at the interview. After a K1 medical, if you can prove you've had the necessary vaccinations (or after the doctor gives them to you then and there), you have to take proof of vaccinations to a local civil surgeon and he/she fills out a form stating that yes, you've had your vaccinations. That's the vaccination supplement she's referring to.

I've seen both ways here...some turn that in with thei I-485, and some don't. The Phoenix local office webiste said it wasn't necessary to turn the vaccination supplement in with the AOS paperwork, but can be brought to the interview.

But you're right, we do have the proof of Sadegh's vaccinations that he got in Turkey so that he doesn't have to re-do vaccinations here should he need a second medical by the time of our interview.

Rene
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 9:02 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Melody
Hi:

You submit the ORIGINAL and do NOT open that bloody envelope. BTW, 99.99% of the time, everything is just fine. In fact, the only problem I've ever experienced is when the Doc forgets to include the form at all.

As long as the Doc signs off on the I-693 and gives the supplement, you are fine almost 100% of the time. If there is a problem, the Doc will tell you -- they don't keep it secret if you have AIDS, VD or TB.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

Feanor is an unknown quantity at this point

The doctor I went to gave me a photocopy of the Vaccination Supplement as well as the sealed copy so I guess I was lucky. We included the sealed Vaccination Supplement with our I-485 application that we filed in person. The receptionist I dealt with was a total moron, though. I had to tell her a dozen times that I didn't need a full medical, and even when I showed her INS documentation stating that fact she didn't want to believe me. The doctor was nearly as stubborn, thankfully.

I can't remember exactly, but I think I actually brought the blank Vaccination Supplement with me, and the doctor didn't have any of his own. So once I got in to see him I just showed him the form and my vaccination records and he filled it all out.

Last edited by Feanor; Nov 4th 2004 at 1:46 am.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 1:59 am
Stuff and Nonsense

Russ&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:
You submit the ORIGINAL and do NOT open that bloody envelope. BTW, 99.99% of the time, everything is just fine. In fact, the only problem I've ever experienced is when the Doc forgets to include the form at all.

As long as the Doc signs off on the I-693 and gives the supplement, you are fine almost 100% of the time. If there is a problem, the Doc will tell you -- they don't keep it secret if you have AIDS, VD or TB.
My supplement wasn't even sealed. Is this bad? The medical center didn't have a clue what to do. It was signed twice, by a nurse and civil surgeon, who I didn't get to see. I asked them to put their medical center stamp on it too. My interview is in less than two weeks - should I be bothered about the unsealed envelope?
Old Nov 4th 2004, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by Feanor
The doctor I went to gave me a photocopy of the Vaccination Supplement as well as the sealed copy so I guess I was lucky. We included the sealed Vaccination Supplement with our I-485 application that we filed in person. The receptionist I dealt with was a total moron, though. I had to tell her a dozen times that I didn't need a full medical, and even when I showed her INS documentation stating that fact she didn't want to believe me. The doctor was nearly as stubborn, thankfully.

I can't remember exactly, but I think I actually brought the blank Vaccination Supplement with me, and the doctor didn't have any of his own. So once I got in to see him I just showed him the form and my vaccination records and he filled it all out.
I also had a hard time convincing the civil surgeon on Phoenix that my fiance did not need another full medical. He didn't seem to understand he had just had the medical a month ago in Turkey. He did have the Vaccination Supplement form, though, and knew what to do with it. Finally, after many repetitions of our process, he said...ohhhh I see! He shrugged his shoulders, looked at Sadegh's vaccination card from Turkey, and completed the paperwork which he then gave to the nurse, who in turn gave it to the receptionist who typed up an envelope, put the paperwork inside, and sealed it with a waxy-looking seal. Cost for civil surgeon visit? $115.00. Cost for complying with USCIS? Priceless! LOL
Old Nov 4th 2004, 3:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

The only thing the civil surgeon asked for was the paperwork he was given from Dr Phelan. They didn't ask for the I-693. Am I making another trip to civil surgeon's office? We only had to pay $25 for the visit. Cheaper than me going to my regular doctor *chuckle*
Old Nov 4th 2004, 3:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Melody,

We are doing AOS in Phoenix, but the same thing happened. The civil surgeon said he can't give us a copy, but handed us the sealed envelope. I made copies of the envelope and the receipt for payment to the civil surgeon, but I didn't include any of that along with the I-485. I figured we'll take it to the interview.

My concern is that our interview won't be until summer of 2006, so I am wondering by that time if my hubby will need another whole medical done anyway. Having the vaccination supplement on hand now might be a moot point by that time.

Best Wishes,
Rene
I would like to think that the processors will realize the dates involved and schedule the interview so a new medical won't be done...of course i still believe in the easter bunny & santa claus.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 4:16 am

I would like to think that the processors will realize the dates involved and schedule the interview so a new medical won't be done...of course i still believe in the easter bunny & santa claus.
Nope, the AOS backlog in Phoenix is 24 to 27 months long, no matter what. So it will definitely be a good two and a half years passing since his medical that was done in Turkey. I'm hoping that when we get an appointment letter, it will specify whether a new medical is needed or not.

What? You mean there's no Easter Bunny or Santa Claus? LOL

Rene
Old Nov 4th 2004, 4:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Noorah101
What? You mean there's no Easter Bunny or Santa Claus? LOL

Rene
Of course there is..who else leaves the coloured eggs for me to hunt for???
Old Nov 4th 2004, 5:18 am
David9287

Originally Posted by Feanor

Hello,
I guess we were lucky, Olena recieved a copy of the VAC SUP and the Sealed Envlp from the Phy. When we filed for AOS from a K-1 in person at the Denver Dist Off, we provided a "copy" of the Vacc Sup with our AOS pkt. We are scheduled for an AOS Intrv and we were asked to bring the Sealed Envlp containing the "original" VAC SUP to the interview.
davidM

Last edited by David9287; Nov 4th 2004 at 5:24 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.