San Francisco AOS Update

Wikiposts

San Francisco AOS Update

Old Oct 6th 2004, 5:36 pm
Lance99

lance99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile San Francisco AOS Update

Hi All,

So, here's some suprising news. My wife and I applied for AOS in late July. She went this week for her EAD/AP and to get fingerprints. BTW, she was really impressed with the Infopass system that they're using in San Fran. It was much better than her experiences as a drop-in. In any case, today we got a letter from the INS saying that we have an AOS interview in 3 weeks. Now if you're following the timeline, that's only 3 months from the time we filed!

I know that there was a post earlier suggesting that the timelines were faster than what was posted on the INS website, but I NEVER expected this. If all goes well, we'll get approved by the end of the month. I guess that explains the expiration on her AP (only valid for 3.5 months).

Anyways, I wanted to share the news. Wish us luck!

Lance
Old Oct 6th 2004, 10:34 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: San Francisco AOS Update

Originally Posted by lance99
Hi All,

So, here's some suprising news.

Lance

You got it. Good Luck

Rete
Old Oct 7th 2004, 2:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

You must be one of the fortunate ones.

Hi All,

So, here's some suprising news. My wife and I applied for AOS in late July. She went this week for her EAD/AP and to get fingerprints. BTW, she was really impressed with the Infopass system that they're using in San Fran. It was much better than her experiences as a drop-in. In any case, today we got a letter from the INS saying that we have an AOS interview in 3 weeks. Now if you're following the timeline, that's only 3 months from the time we filed!

I know that there was a post earlier suggesting that the timelines were faster than what was posted on the INS website, but I NEVER expected this. If all goes well, we'll get approved by the end of the month. I guess that explains the expiration on her AP (only valid for 3.5 months).

Lance
Old Oct 7th 2004, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

Rukhie is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats!!!!
Old Oct 7th 2004, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

vivsavage955 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Same thing just happened to us. We received the letter last week for an interview in late October. Unfortunately, we are going overseas for our wedding banquet, and it cannot be rescheduled. We sent a letter to SF USCIS asking for a postponement, so we'll see what they say. It was a real crusher having to look a gift horse in the mouth and ask them to reschedule, considering the date was, as you mentioned, well sooner than what we expected.

Best of luck with your interview and please post your experiences. We'll be heading in shortly after you and I'd really appreciate any insights you can provide.
Old Oct 7th 2004, 4:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vivsavage955
Same thing just happened to us. We received the letter last week for an interview in late October. Unfortunately, we are going overseas for our wedding banquet, and it cannot be rescheduled. We sent a letter to SF USCIS asking for a postponement, so we'll see what they say. It was a real crusher having to look a gift horse in the mouth and ask them to reschedule, considering the date was, as you mentioned, well sooner than what we expected.

Best of luck with your interview and please post your experiences. We'll be heading in shortly after you and I'd really appreciate any insights you can provide.
There must be something amiss here, I have read that the CSC are better than TSC but you guys are the few and far between so far. Congrats to both of you guys, I just wish my case was processed this quick.
Old Oct 7th 2004, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

vivsavage955 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by veryfunny
There must be something amiss here, I have read that the CSC are better than TSC but you guys are the few and far between so far. Congrats to both of you guys, I just wish my case was processed this quick.
This has nothing to do with CSC. We're speaking about the San Francisco District Office.
Old Oct 7th 2004, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

This has nothing to do with CSC. We're speaking about the San Francisco District Office.
Thank you for correcting me here. I can you tell me the differences in their functions?

Last edited by veryfunny; Oct 7th 2004 at 5:16 am.
Old Oct 7th 2004, 3:35 pm
Lance99

lance99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to all for the congratulations. I'll be sure to keep you posted on our interview experience. BTW, our notice says the interview is going to be videotaped. Either way, we're looking forward to it.

I'll be posting back with interview details in a few weeks. Take care, and good luck to the rest of you.

Lance

Old Oct 7th 2004, 6:02 pm
Mattias Hembruch

In article <[email protected]> ,
lance99 <member29012@british_expats.com> wrote:
    >Hi All,
    >So, here's some suprising news. My wife and I applied for AOS in late
    >July. She went this week for her EAD/AP and to get fingerprints. BTW,
    >she was really impressed with the Infopass system that they're using in
    >San Fran. It was much better than her experiences as a drop-in. In any
    >case, today we got a letter from the INS saying that we have an AOS
    >interview in 3 weeks. Now if you're following the timeline, that's only
    >3 months from the time we filed!
    >I know that there was a post earlier suggesting that the timelines
    >were faster than what was posted on the INS website, but I NEVER
    >expected this. If all goes well, we'll get approved by the end of the
    >month. I guess that explains the expiration on her AP (only valid for
    >3.5 months).

Wow, sounds great. I'm about to file via San Francisco in a few days (see my
other post about applying for my SSN today!). This sounds great!

>Anyways, I wanted to share the news. Wish us luck!

Here's hoping for good luck for ya!

Mattias

Old Oct 7th 2004, 6:04 pm
Mattias Hembruch

veryfunny <member13739@british_expats.com> wrote:
    >> This has nothing to do with CSC. We're speaking about the San
    >> Francisco District Office.
    >Thank you for correcting me here. I can you tell me the differences in
    >their functions?

CSC adjudicates visa petitions, etc.. You get an interview for a visa
application by filling out an I-129F (+ more for K3, I think) via
CSC/TSC/NSC/VSC.

San Francisco District office is for AOS (Adjustment of Status) after
entering on a K1 or K3 (or otherwise, but K1/K3 is most relevant for this
newsgroup).

Mattias

Old Oct 13th 2004, 1:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Thank you!

Originally Posted by Mattias Hembruch
veryfunny <member13739@british_expats.com> wrote:
    >> This has nothing to do with CSC. We're speaking about the San
    >> Francisco District Office.
    >Thank you for correcting me here. I can you tell me the differences in
    >their functions?

CSC adjudicates visa petitions, etc.. You get an interview for a visa
application by filling out an I-129F (+ more for K3, I think) via
CSC/TSC/NSC/VSC.

San Francisco District office is for AOS (Adjustment of Status) after
entering on a K1 or K3 (or otherwise, but K1/K3 is most relevant for this
newsgroup).

Mattias
Old Oct 13th 2004, 2:10 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats....
Old Oct 13th 2004, 2:15 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all

Dang I filed late August through SF, expecting to get word of EAD and biometrics by the end of the month. How long did it take to get NOA and EAD etc?
Congrats
Patrick
Old Oct 13th 2004, 2:26 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Lance
CONGRATULATIONS!! 3 months? wow!!, Are you ready??
By the way it isn't INS anymore but USCIS
Take care!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.