Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Sample questions for AOS interview

Sample questions for AOS interview

Old Jan 19th 2005, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Peter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sample questions for AOS interview

I remember finding a website way back when, which had a bunch of sample questions they might ask at the AOS interview. Now I can't find it (have tried Google, the search on BritishExpats etc.)

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Cheers
Peter
Old Jan 19th 2005, 9:48 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sample questions for AOS interview

Originally Posted by Peter Newton
I remember finding a website way back when, which had a bunch of sample questions they might ask at the AOS interview. Now I can't find it (have tried Google, the search on BritishExpats etc.)

Cheers
Peter
Hi Peter:

I go to LOTS of these interviews and every single one is different. They will confirm the information on the applications, make the necessary corrections or updates. Then they may just ask other questions.

The main thing is to follow my three rules:

1. Tell the truth. Its easier to remember. Corollary: don't guess. "I don't know" or "I don't remember" are both fine if they are the truth.

2. Understand the question being asked. If you don't understand it, say so! It will be repeated or rephrased.

3. Answer the question ASKED and nothing more. Don't try to get into the DAO's head, it can't be done. Question: Do you know what time it is? Answer [looking at watch]: Yes, I do.

Following these rules make it easier for YOU and for the DAO. In fact, I can repeat these rules [and have] in front of a DAO for that very reason.
Old Jan 19th 2005, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Peter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you sir. You're right I guess they can ask anything. We've lived together for 5 years so I am sure we'll be able to get most things right!

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi Peter:

I go to LOTS of these interviews and every single one is different. They will confirm the information on the applications, make the necessary corrections or updates. Then they may just ask other questions.

The main thing is to follow my three rules:

1. Tell the truth. Its easier to remember. Corollary: don't guess. "I don't know" or "I don't remember" are both fine if they are the truth.

2. Understand the question being asked. If you don't understand it, say so! It will be repeated or rephrased.

3. Answer the question ASKED and nothing more. Don't try to get into the DAO's head, it can't be done. Question: Do you know what time it is? Answer [looking at watch]: Yes, I do.

Following these rules make it easier for YOU and for the DAO. In fact, I can repeat these rules [and have] in front of a DAO for that very reason.
Old Jan 19th 2005, 11:59 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Peter

Did you check out the AOS experience pages for NYC interview experiences?

For us, the examiner, DAO Marshall asked me the USC the questions:

1. My husband's birthday
2. Number of times he was married
3. Names of his wives
4. Names of his children
5. What he did in the service

The rest was general chit chat with chatting evolving into some discussion of the internet, chatrooms and this newsgroup.

Rete
Old Jan 20th 2005, 12:05 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
Did you check out the AOS experience pages for NYC interview experiences?

For us, the examiner, DAO Marshall asked me the USC the questions:

1. My husband's birthday
2. Number of times he was married
3. Names of his wives
4. Names of his children
5. What he did in the service

The rest was general chit chat with chatting evolving into some discussion of the internet, chatrooms and this newsgroup.

Rete
Hi Rete:

On one of our immigration lawyers chat groups, a colleage in Tampa ran into the first "fraud" interview as part of the thing I noted in my "POV" question. Nothing nasty or uncalled for, just quite throurough. My three rules will still apply.
Old Jan 20th 2005, 12:22 am

AmberNickVN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi Rete:

On one of our immigration lawyers chat groups, a colleage in Tampa ran into the first "fraud" interview as part of the thing I noted in my "POV" question. Nothing nasty or uncalled for, just quite throurough. My three rules will still apply.

What 3 rules are they?

Also, do they do a AOS interview if you go the DCF route? (I dunno if im hyping myself up over nothing).
Old Jan 20th 2005, 2:08 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmberNickVN
What 3 rules are they?

Also, do they do a AOS interview if you go the DCF route? (I dunno if im hyping myself up over nothing).
Hi Nick,

Mr. F has recently (and many times before) posted 3 basic rules to follow in an AOS interview. Do a search on his posts today, he just said it again today. If you go the DCF route, then no, you won't have an AOS interview here in the USA. AOS means Adjustment of Status. If you enter on a CR-1 or IR-1 visa, you dont' need to adjust your status here in the USA.

Rene
Old Jan 20th 2005, 2:48 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

What 3 rules are they?

No AOS interview for you
Old Jan 20th 2005, 2:51 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Nick,

Mr. F has recently (and many times before) posted 3 basic rules to follow in an AOS interview. Do a search on his posts today, he just said it again today. If you go the DCF route, then no, you won't have an AOS interview here in the USA. AOS means Adjustment of Status. If you enter on a CR-1 or IR-1 visa, you dont' need to adjust your status here in the USA.

Rene
You do, however, get a lovely Consular interview as a consolation prize
Old Jan 20th 2005, 2:55 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
You do, however, get a lovely Consular interview as a consolation prize

AOS and Consular processing aren't the same thing but the outcome is the same=Interview!
Amber's question was if on top of the consular interview she'd have to go thru AOS.. then the answer is no
Old Feb 6th 2005, 9:46 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Peter
There you go...

http://animaloutreachsociety.org/faq.php

Not sure it's quite THE aos you are referrring to.
Old Feb 6th 2005, 9:48 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

What 3 rules are they?

Hubby just noted, good application of point number 2.
Old Feb 6th 2005, 10:24 pm
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute

Mr. F. listed his 3 rules in the second post of this very thread.

Marnee
Old Feb 7th 2005, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maybe USCIS should get into the animal rescue business... they might do better!
Old Feb 7th 2005, 8:24 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe USCIS should get into the animal rescue business... they might do better!

Pity the animals. People at least can take care of themselves. Animals would not fare as well, I'm afraid.