Said's JFK POE experience :)

Wikiposts

Said's JFK POE experience :)

Old Jan 2nd 2004, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

saidsgirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Said's JFK POE experience :)

Hello Everyone....

Well, .................HE'S HERE!!!!!!!!

Said arrived yesterday afternoon at about 3:00 to JFK-New York. His immigration/customs experience was very smooth, and there was no negative experience at all.
The officer asked if the purpose of his trip was for marriage? When do you plan on getting married? Do you know she was married before? Has children? Are you a Muslim? Is it illicit for you to marry a woman who is not a Muslim? At that point, the officer was sincerely interested in the belief that as long as she has faith in God, it is ok to marry. He asked if he intended to work while he was here. (Duh....) Welcomed him to America, stamped his passport, did not give him a temporary EAD even though he asked and sent him on his way.

Customs was fine - they wanted to think that some mint root he was bringing was hemp.....but other than that the entire process was painless. The worst thing about the whole thing was the huge line to get through immigration, which in turn, made him miss his connection by mere seconds! DRAT!

So, since they had no more flights that night to Orlando, they sent him to Tampa and I had a little extra drive. BUT...I did not care!! We drove to Tampa to get him and there he was at 11:15! After all this time!!!!!! I now have my sweetheart here with me..... and we are so happy!

I'd venture to say that maybe it is better to go through the larger airports to avoid such terrible hassles in immigration. Just a guess though.

Peace & sunshine..
~kristine
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

amylass is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Said's JFK POE experience :)

Huge congrats Kristine and Said!

What a wonderful way to start the New Year and your lives together.

All the very best,

Amy
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 3:21 am
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Kristine,

I bet you two are all smiles!! I am really happy to hear his POE experience went smoothly Congrats on your reunion, I remember what a happy day it was when Cory arrived Best wishes on the wedding plans!

Juliet
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 3:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Khadija is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm so happy for you!

Patty Khadijah
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 3:35 am
not a newbie

soulsender is an unknown quantity at this point

Wonderful news! hope this makes it the best new year ever for you. good to hear news like this.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 3:38 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Many congrats to you both! Enjoy your new life together!!!

Kate. xxxxx
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 3:48 am
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold

oh how lovely.. good for you 2.. starting off the new year on the right foot..

good luck to you both
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

llorona is on a distinguished road

Hello Kristine,

Glad that Said is finally here with you. Have a wonderful 2004!

take care,
llorona
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 5:03 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant news. You must be so pleased. And more good reports from the East Coast POE's.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 5:11 am
BE Enthusiast

MarDae will become famous soon enough

Congratulations!!! Quick question since my fiance will be going through JFK in two days and really needs to get the EAD stamp...how aggressively (maybe that's not the right word but you know what I mean) did he try to get the EAD stamp. I'm just wondering because I've heard that sometimes if you don't spell it out for them exactly what you want they don't know what you're talking about and send you on your way. Just wondering. Congratulations on such a great New Years present!!!!!!

MarDae
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

saidsgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by MarDae
Congratulations!!! Quick question since my fiance will be going through JFK in two days and really needs to get the EAD stamp...how aggressively (maybe that's not the right word but you know what I mean) did he try to get the EAD stamp. I'm just wondering because I've heard that sometimes if you don't spell it out for them exactly what you want they don't know what you're talking about and send you on your way. Just wondering. Congratulations on such a great New Years present!!!!!!

MarDae
hello.
it s me Said ,well about your question of the ead stamp ,i am sure i explained to them what i need ,but my be the time was not suitable, the man i asked were overwehlmed by lots of files and he was some how irritited so,u see what i want to say ,may be it is just question of the suitable time. may be your fiance will get that ead stamp.
ok, goodluck and i hope every thing goes smoothly for him.

thank you all for all the good wishes

said
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 5:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by saidsgirl
hello.
it s me Said ,well about your question of the ead stamp ,i am sure i explained to them what i need ,but my be the time was not suitable, the man i asked were overwehlmed by lots of files and he was some how irritited so,u see what i want to say ,may be it is just question of the suitable time. may be your fiance will get that ead stamp.
ok, goodluck and i hope every thing goes smoothly for him.

thank you all for all the good wishes

said
Thanks for letting me know. Glad to have you in the States It's too bad an overwhelmed POE inspector can determine whether or not you'll be able to work right aways. Doesn't seem fair. It's good to hear that the rest of your experience went well.

Welcome to the US!!!

MarDae
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 6:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Pallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura about

In case he doesn't get the stamp at POE, I would try making the trip to Philadelphia before you are married to see if they will issue him a free 90 day work card. They did it for my husband back in the day (same day), and he earned all of the AOS money himself. I don't know if anyone going through Philadelphia has tried this lately, but it might be worth a try.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Pallyn
In case he doesn't get the stamp at POE, I would try making the trip to Philadelphia before you are married to see if they will issue him a free 90 day work card. They did it for my husband back in the day (same day), and he earned all of the AOS money himself. I don't know if anyone going through Philadelphia has tried this lately, but it might be worth a try.
I'll definitely have to look into this if he can't get the stamp. The issue is even more complicated because he'll go through immigration in Dublin. He'll try to get the stamp there if he can but the last I saw anybody report they were able to do that was in 2001. It's worth a try. I don't even know how he'll be able to get to US immigration in JFK since he'll have already gone through in Ireland. It's going to be an interesting experience to say the least. It'd be great if he could get the 90 EAD on the spot if he can't get it when he comes in.

Thanks!!!

MarDae

Last edited by MarDae; Jan 2nd 2004 at 6:27 am.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 6:22 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, Kristine and Said! And Said, welcome to America! I'm glad to hear the POE experience was a good one...we needed some good news on that around here :-)

Kristine, don't forget to keep us informed of all the AOS experiences :-)

Best Wishes to you both,
Rene

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.