and marry me. I have read 'all' the information on the Internet and
have four questions.

As a "Documentary proof of having met in person in the past two years
and an ongoing relationship", I can provide the following items:
-airline boarding passes, hotel receipts, passport stamps/visas
for two trips
-phone bills
-letters
1. Do they have to be originals or just copies?
-photos of my fiancee I made and photos of me made by my fiancee
Unfortunately, I did not take any photos showing both of us together.
2.Is that "A MUST" to prove the relationship?

She doesn't speak English (I speak some Russian).
3.How then is the interview at the embassy conducted? Do they provide
an interpreter?

4.Can I fly to Russia and acompany my fiancee at the embassy interview?
Will they let me in?

Thanks for any info.

Keaf McRiff

Old Sep 21st 2005, 10:10 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Russian fiancee questions

Originally Posted by KeafMcRiff
You can send phocopies of your evidence along with the I-129F, but have originals handy at the visa interview at the embassy in case they ask for it.

Unfortunately, I did not take any photos showing both of us together. 2.Is that "A MUST" to prove the relationship?
As long as you are both obviously in the same place at the same time...i.e., in front of a national landmark in winter, for example. They want to see that you were together on one place at one time. You don't both have to be in the same picture.

an interpreter?
Depending on the linguistic talent of the ConOff, the interview could be in Russian, if the ConOff speaks Russian. Or, there might be a translator working in the consulate that will do the interpreting. Don't worry, they will make sure language won't be a barrier during her interview.

4.Can I fly to Russia and acompany my fiancee at the embassy interview? Will they let me in?
It's an excellent idea for you to be with her for her interview. It lends your support to her at a stressful time, and it's great to share this important date together. As for you being let in during the interview, I don't know how the Consulate in Russia works. I was allowed into my fiance's interview in Ankara, Turkey. Try emailing the consulate and asking them that question, or do a search for more posts regarding Russian fiances and their attendance at the interview.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Sep 21st 2005, 11:00 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I have read 'all' the information on the Internet and
have four questions.
Wow... you're good. I've been online since 1992 and even I haven't yet read all the information on the Internet. Good luck to you... I've heard horror stories (and read about them in this forum) about US guys and their Russian fiancees.

Ian
Old Sep 21st 2005, 2:01 pm
KeafMcRiff

Thank you for the valuable information.

I'd like to fly there and go to the interview to prove the
relationship, to help her emotionally and with any paperwork, and to
spend some time with her in that beautiful city of St Petersburg. I
would love living there, but she doesn't like the long winters and
wants to come to California.

Keaf

Old Sep 21st 2005, 3:11 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the valuable information.

I'd like to fly there and go to the interview to prove the
relationship, to help her emotionally and with any paperwork, and to
spend some time with her in that beautiful city of St Petersburg. I
would love living there, but she doesn't like the long winters and
wants to come to California.

Keaf
Hi Keaf,

That sounds like a lovely plan. If you can attend the interview as well, so much the better. Keep us posted on the results!

Rene
Old Sep 21st 2005, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

anti-climacus is a name known to allanti-climacus is a name known to allanti-climacus is a name known to allanti-climacus is a name known to allanti-climacus is a name known to allanti-climacus is a name known to allanti-climacus is a name known to allanti-climacus is a name known to allanti-climacus is a name known to allanti-climacus is a name known to allanti-climacus is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Wow... you're good. I've been online since 1992 and even I haven't yet read all the information on the Internet. Good luck to you... I've heard horror stories (and read about them in this forum) about US guys and their Russian fiancees.
Ian
I thought "grumpy old men" existed only as figments of screenwriters' imagination.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 3:41 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by anti-climacus
I thought "grumpy old men" existed only as figments of screenwriters' imagination.
Perhaps, but the latter comment is unfortunately quite correct.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

anti-climacus is a name known to allanti-climacus is a name known to allanti-climacus is a name known to allanti-climacus is a name known to allanti-climacus is a name known to allanti-climacus is a name known to allanti-climacus is a name known to allanti-climacus is a name known to allanti-climacus is a name known to allanti-climacus is a name known to allanti-climacus is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Boiler
Perhaps, but the latter comment is unfortunately quite correct.
Horror stories abound everywhere--also unfortunately.
Old Sep 24th 2005, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

RICKRGRS will become famous soon enoughRICKRGRS will become famous soon enough

Hi,

I am a US citizen. I'd like my Russian fiancee to come to the States
and marry me. I have read 'all' the information on the Internet and
have four questions.

As a "Documentary proof of having met in person in the past two years
and an ongoing relationship", I can provide the following items:
-airline boarding passes, hotel receipts, passport stamps/visas
for two trips
-phone bills
-letters

You did not say, but I take it your concern is that the originals of these documents went with your K-1 visa application, and now your fiance will be bringing only copies to the interview. If that is the case, then the visa processing center has already approved the visa, and the CO in Moscow should not require the originals. [When my wife got her visa two years ago, the only place she could do so was in Moscow. Does the U.S. Embassy in S.P. now issue K-1s?]

Unfortunately, I did not take any photos showing both of us together.
2.Is that "A MUST" to prove the relationship?

There is no hard and fast rules regarding photos - it is only further evidence that of you two were in the same place, at the same time.

an interpreter?

Most of the C.O.s speak Russian - it will not be a problem. The only 'red flag' [no pun] is whether there is a legitimate intent to marry where the couple cannot communicate well. Expect some questions on how you two communicate, etc.

4.Can I fly to Russia and acompany my fiancee at the embassy interview?
Will they let me in?

By all means go and be with her during this process. If you don't, you will never hear the end of it! - trust me. No, you cannot go into the embassy building and certainly you cannot be at the interview.

Thanks for any info.

Keaf McRiff
Important advice: Do NOT buy her airline ticket until AFTER she has the visa in her passport, and in her possession. My personal experience, and it has happened to many others, including recently: The embassy will not issue the visa that day. The protocol is that your fiance will undergo one last security name check with god-knows-who and after that, the consulate will affix the visa into her passport and DHL or Pony Express [actual name] will pick it up from the consulate and deliver it to whatever address your fiance gives them - it could be your hotel in Moscow, or her home in SP. This process could take one or two days of all goes well - or 2 or 3 months or more if Murphy is in charge. My finace/wife had to take the train back home to Rostov on Don and wait two months for the visa to show up. You may want to make a vacation out of this.

Good luck
Rick