Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated

Wikiposts

The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated

Old May 11th 2004, 10:01 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OT: The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated

Originally posted by kud
I guess I am safe, my Dog Bear will only try and lick you to death .
Hey, I too had a dog by that name. She was a golden retriever, and I got her when she was a young pup. Bear ended up being a fine family pet, but not much of a hunting dog. She couldn't take the sound of my 12 gauge, and basically ran for cover on every July 4th!

Now my Springer Spaniel Rufus... that was likely the finest hunting dog I'll ever have the pleasure of working with.

Sorry to hear of your accident, Les.

Last edited by Matthew Udall; May 11th 2004 at 11:33 am.
Old May 11th 2004, 2:09 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Leslie66
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=229908

Thanks for your concern though, Dave.

The interesting thing is that I really was in a minor accident Sunday.

I was riding my bike on a quiet neighborhood street when I was confronted with a guy jogging alongside his unleashed Rotweiler. The Rotweiler started chasing me :scared:. I’ve been chased by dogs before, but this one was really BIG and getting really close to me. I was so mesmerized by his snarling and barking; I didn’t notice the parked car that I plowed into. Luckily, the concrete broke my fall.
Oh my gosh!!!
I am so glad to hear you are ok girlie!!
Damn unleashed dogs.. My hubby got attack by a collie (sp?), he was only 9, the dog bited his leg, chewed up his hand and thank God he cover his face...
He gets all work up when a dog is unleashed.. and I don't blame him!!
Old May 11th 2004, 2:11 pm

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by katesuiter1
There's nothing scarier than a potential dog attack. The one that bit me last year gave me no warning. It just stood in front of me, and before I knew it, it took a chunk out of my thigh, I twisted to get away from it, it grazed my other thigh, and then it clamped it's nasty bastard jaws on my arm.

I wouldn't mind if it chased me first, at least I might have stood a chance of defending myself. Not only did the owner not get rid of the dog, but her daughter came round begging me not to call animal control (who, by the way, I DID call). She made the excuse that because their other dogs came out to sniff me before the demon dog did, it must've thought I was a threat, and it was just "protecting it's brothers". HAH!! Funny, that, as by that time, it's brothers were already round the corner starting in on a neighbor walking their dog!! And they've got another dog now. They have 3 adults, 4 large dogs, and a cat, all in a small 2 bed apartment. Mmmm, must smell lovely.

Anyway, Leslie, I kinda hogged the thread there. I hope you didn't get hurt, and nice to see you alive and well! With regards to Dave's attention toward you, I can only say this:

Don't worry when people are talking about you, worry when they stop. When they stop, it means they've found something more interesting to talk about!

All the best to you!

Kate. xxxx
Oh my Kate :scared:
That is terrible!!
((Kate)) there you go
Old May 11th 2004, 5:18 pm
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

You're just jealous because nobody misses you when you're gone......
I wondered where you'd disappeared to!

Pursued by a potentially vicious dog...... brings my mind to that other thread with the current topic of CCW licenses......

I for one wouldn't go out "in the wilds" here unarmed. Coyotes have been known to attack people in groups especially. Something city and town folks forget
Old May 11th 2004, 5:21 pm
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by lairdside

Pursued by a potentially vicious dog...... brings my mind to that other thread with the current topic of CCW licenses......

I for one wouldn't go out "in the wilds" here unarmed. Coyotes have been known to attack people in groups especially. Something city and town folks forget
Oh and then there are the mountain lions.

(I know a couple of rural carriers who have seen them closeby when delivering mail in the wee hours of the morning!)
Old May 11th 2004, 5:27 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and then there are the mountain lions.

(I know a couple of rural carriers who have seen them closeby when delivering mail in the wee hours of the morning!)
Here in florida we just get marauding gangs of vicious grannies patrolling in packs...
Old May 11th 2004, 5:39 pm
Howling at the Moon

Originally posted by ray6
Here in florida we just get marauding gangs of vicious grannies patrolling in packs...
With saturday night specials in their fanny packs?
Old May 12th 2004, 1:25 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

How about finding a copperhead curled up under your lawn mower? :scared:
Old May 12th 2004, 1:40 am
Howling at the Moon

We don't get those here. There are rattlesnakes down in the valley but they actually warn you of their presence and aren't generally a problem unless you go rummaging around underneath rocks and things. They actually keep the rodent population down, so, a good thing imho.

Besides if you shoot them it makes the taxidermists job that much more difficult........

My daughter is a good shot, prefers a .22 at the moment. I have to convince her of the merits of my .45 Sig
Old May 12th 2004, 2:22 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jcapulet
Leslie,

Ouch hope you are ok!!! Want me to send Zuzu after the rottweiler?

Juliet
Sending ZUZU after a rottweiler?????
I love to see that happen....hahaha....
Leslie, I hope you're ok. I wouldn't know what got into that dog.... to chase you.
Take care.....
Old May 12th 2004, 4:34 am
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dutchman2001nl
Zuzu could probably slobber the rottweiler to a slow painful end. Death by doggy slobber!!!
Old May 12th 2004, 7:07 am
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

Thank goodness you're alright, Leslie. And good to see you back. I've been afraid from dogs since before I was born. If I'm walking and see a dog, I cross to the other side of the road, even if the dog is on a leash.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=229908

Thanks for your concern though, Dave.

The interesting thing is that I really was in a minor accident Sunday.

I was riding my bike on a quiet neighborhood street when I was confronted with a guy jogging alongside his unleashed Rotweiler. The Rotweiler started chasing me :scared:. I’ve been chased by dogs before, but this one was really BIG and getting really close to me. I was so mesmerized by his snarling and barking; I didn’t notice the parked car that I plowed into. Luckily, the concrete broke my fall.
Old May 12th 2004, 9:22 am

That is creepy!!!!
Old May 12th 2004, 9:22 am

Originally posted by ray6

Old May 12th 2004, 9:24 am

Originally posted by dutchman2001nl
Leslie, I hope you're ok. I wouldn't know what got into that dog.... to chase you.
Take care.....
SLAPTHY!!!