Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated

Wikiposts

The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated

Old May 11th 2004, 2:34 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default OT: The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=229908

Thanks for your concern though, Dave.

The interesting thing is that I really was in a minor accident Sunday.

I was riding my bike on a quiet neighborhood street when I was confronted with a guy jogging alongside his unleashed Rotweiler. The Rotweiler started chasing me :scared:. I’ve been chased by dogs before, but this one was really BIG and getting really close to me. I was so mesmerized by his snarling and barking; I didn’t notice the parked car that I plowed into. Luckily, the concrete broke my fall.

Last edited by Leslie; May 11th 2004 at 2:36 am.
Old May 11th 2004, 2:40 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated

Unfortunately the dog suddenly realized who he had chased and committed suicide on the spot.... Dave W may follow..
Old May 11th 2004, 3:29 am
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OT: The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated

Originally posted by Leslie66
I was riding my bike on a quiet neighborhood street when I was confronted with a guy jogging alongside his unleashed Rotweiler. The Rotweiler started chasing me :scared:. I’ve been chased by dogs before, but this one was really BIG and getting really close to me. I was so mesmerized by his snarling and barking; I didn’t notice the parked car that I plowed into. Luckily, the concrete broke my fall.
Leslie,

Ouch hope you are ok!!! Want me to send Zuzu after the rottweiler?

Juliet
Old May 11th 2004, 4:03 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

There's nothing scarier than a potential dog attack. The one that bit me last year gave me no warning. It just stood in front of me, and before I knew it, it took a chunk out of my thigh, I twisted to get away from it, it grazed my other thigh, and then it clamped it's nasty bastard jaws on my arm.

I wouldn't mind if it chased me first, at least I might have stood a chance of defending myself. Not only did the owner not get rid of the dog, but her daughter came round begging me not to call animal control (who, by the way, I DID call). She made the excuse that because their other dogs came out to sniff me before the demon dog did, it must've thought I was a threat, and it was just "protecting it's brothers". HAH!! Funny, that, as by that time, it's brothers were already round the corner starting in on a neighbor walking their dog!! And they've got another dog now. They have 3 adults, 4 large dogs, and a cat, all in a small 2 bed apartment. Mmmm, must smell lovely.

Anyway, Leslie, I kinda hogged the thread there. I hope you didn't get hurt, and nice to see you alive and well! With regards to Dave's attention toward you, I can only say this:

Don't worry when people are talking about you, worry when they stop. When they stop, it means they've found something more interesting to talk about!

All the best to you!

Kate. xxxx

Last edited by katesuiter1; May 11th 2004 at 4:18 am.
Old May 11th 2004, 4:44 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Was there much damage to the concrete or car?

Add me to the list of "I got attacked by a dog".
Old May 11th 2004, 4:49 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Hehehe.....

The dog, car, bike, and concrete came out of it completely unscathed. I, on the other hand, have multiple contusions and abrasions.

The dog lost all interest in me once I was sprawled out in the street. The lady having the yard sale was very shook up, however.
Old May 11th 2004, 4:52 am
WTF?

Originally posted by katesuiter1
There's nothing scarier than a potential dog attack. The one that bit me last year gave me no warning. It just stood in front of me, and before I knew it, it took a chunk out of my thigh, I twisted to get away from it, it grazed my other thigh, and then it clamped it's nasty bastard jaws on my arm.

I wouldn't mind if it chased me first, at least I might have stood a chance of defending myself. Not only did the owner not get rid of the dog, but her daughter came round begging me not to call animal control (who, by the way, I DID call). She made the excuse that because their other dogs came out to sniff me before the demon dog did, it must've thought I was a threat, and it was just "protecting it's brothers". HAH!! Funny, that, as by that time, it's brothers were already round the corner starting in on a neighbor walking their dog!! And they've got another dog now. They have 3 adults, 4 large dogs, and a cat, all in a small 2 bed apartment. Mmmm, must smell lovely.

Anyway, Leslie, I kinda hogged the thread there. I hope you didn't get hurt, and nice to see you alive and well! With regards to Dave's attention toward you, I can only say this:

Don't worry when people are talking about you, worry when they stop. When they stop, it means they've found something more interesting to talk about!

All the best to you!

Kate. xxxx
Kate,

What did animal control end up doing about the dog? I'm a dog lover (my dog Maggie is 12 years old) but I have no patience for people with vicious dogs.
Old May 11th 2004, 5:13 am
kud
BE Enthusiast

kud is an unknown quantity at this point

I have no patience for people with vicious dogs.
I guess I am safe, my Dog Bear will only try and lick you to death .
Old May 11th 2004, 5:41 am

Kate,

What did animal control end up doing about the dog? I'm a dog lover (my dog Maggie is 12 years old) but I have no patience for people with vicious dogs.
I wasn't actually there when they went round, but Corey was. He sat on our doorstep listening, and the animal control people had a camera to take pics of it. The owner had it on a leash, and was saying that in that dumb baby voice, "C'mon, sweetie, smile for the camera!" Yuh, I bet it would've been smiling if it hadn't been tethered. More luvverly human flesh to chomp on. They were a joke. They just told her to keep it muzzled when she walked it, but what they failed to remember was that it wasn't being walked when it attacked me, the dogs got out while I was taking out the trash. I also reported it to the landlords of our complex. They gave me a copy of the letter they gave to the owner telling them to get rid of the dog, and the owner must've talked them round, because it's still there. After that, all sorts of tales about this dog's reputation surfaced. The elderly maintenance man was toppled by it and his leg punctured by it's teeth, the teenage girl below us had her fingers nipped, blah blah.....I just sat there thinking, "Why didn't you report all this, you dummies?" It might've prevented the attack on me.

I got so angry when the daughter asked me not to call the authorities. There's a lot of kids around there, and I couldn't live with myself for not reporting it WHEN it attacks someone else, because it will. I'm not the only one there afraid of all their dogs. Now, I'm in the habit of walking to the dumpster the other route, and I also take half a pool cue with me, just in case. It's a good job we don't have a gun, cuz Corey was ready to go and blow it's head off when I walked in that day hyperventilating and covered in blood.

I love dogs as well, but when we were looking after Corey's mum's dog, if he'd bitten anyone for no reason, he'd be on his way straight to doggy heaven. There's no excuse for defending ferocious dogs, unless one of it's own is genuinely threatened, and that DEFINITELY wasn't the case for me!

Kate. xxxxx

Last edited by katesuiter1; May 11th 2004 at 5:56 am.
Old May 11th 2004, 6:56 am
WTF?

I used to have a dog that loved to murder squirrels, birds, possums, and cats. He never bothered people though. He was a German Shepherd and somebody told me the hunting instinct was bred into them. The dog I have now is a miniature shepherd/husky mix. She shares the doghouse with my cat and lets squirrels eat out of her food dish. Go figure.

I did have a dog (briefly) that revealed extremely aggressive tendencies towards humans and other dogs. It was full grown when I adopted it, so I didn't foresee much likelihood of being able to completely reprogram him. I had him put down.

Originally posted by katesuiter1
I wasn't actually there when they went round, but Corey was. He sat on our doorstep listening, and the animal control people had a camera to take pics of it. The owner had it on a leash, and was saying that in that dumb baby voice, "C'mon, sweetie, smile for the camera!" Yuh, I bet it would've been smiling if it hadn't been tethered. More luvverly human flesh to chomp on. They were a joke. They just told her to keep it muzzled when she walked it, but what they failed to remember was that it wasn't being walked when it attacked me, the dogs got out while I was taking out the trash. I also reported it to the landlords of our complex. They gave me a copy of the letter they gave to the owner telling them to get rid of the dog, and the owner must've talked them round, because it's still there. After that, all sorts of tales about this dog's reputation surfaced. The elderly maintenance man was toppled by it and his leg punctured by it's teeth, the teenage girl below us had her fingers nipped, blah blah.....I just sat there thinking, "Why didn't you report all this, you dummies?" It might've prevented the attack on me.

I got so angry when the daughter asked me not to call the authorities. There's a lot of kids around there, and I couldn't live with myself for not reporting it WHEN it attacks someone else, because it will. I'm not the only one there afraid of all their dogs. Now, I'm in the habit of walking to the dumpster the other route, and I also take half a pool cue with me, just in case. It's a good job we don't have a gun, cuz Corey was ready to go and blow it's head off when I walked in that day hyperventilating and covered in blood.

I love dogs as well, but when we were looking after Corey's mum's dog, if he'd bitten anyone for no reason, he'd be on his way straight to doggy heaven. There's no excuse for defending ferocious dogs, unless one of it's own is genuinely threatened, and that DEFINITELY wasn't the case for me!

Kate. xxxxx
Old May 11th 2004, 7:06 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

This posting seems very off topic!.. moderator.. please do your duty
Old May 11th 2004, 7:08 am
WTF?

Originally posted by ray6
You're just jealous because nobody misses you when you're gone......
Old May 11th 2004, 7:37 am
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

You're just jealous because nobody misses you when you're gone......
See what happens when you mention squirrels? Now Ray is cranky because he's hungry
Old May 11th 2004, 7:44 am

Originally posted by ray6
Misery guts!!!!!

Kate. xxxx
Old May 11th 2004, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

lulusmom is an unknown quantity at this point

Ouch Leslie!!
Sorry to hear about the crash...not a fun afternoon of bike riding, huh? Teaches you a lesson that it's better to ride your bike on busy expressways!!
Hope that you get better soon...gives you just one really good reason to seek sympathy lovin' from that husband of yours!

Smiles,
~kristine

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.