Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Roundtrip flight for K1

Wikiposts

Roundtrip flight for K1

Old Sep 4th 2008, 7:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roundtrip flight for K1

If Delta has that on the website, check the ticket terms before you buy. It may be that it says if you buy a return and don't show up for the return flight, the card he used to buy it will be charged the difference between the return and single. They may not notice, they may not care, but he may be the one they go after.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 7:20 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinbar
By immigration. If he is coming in on a K1 I am concerned that they will ask why he booked a roundtrip. On Deltas website it's called a throwaway tickket and saysif you book a roundtrip for a cheaper flight instead of a one way it's illlegal.
He can say he's saving it for when he wants to go home for a visit!
Old Sep 4th 2008, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Longy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
If Delta has that on the website, check the ticket terms before you buy. It may be that it says if you buy a return and don't show up for the return flight, the card he used to buy it will be charged the difference between the return and single. They may not notice, they may not care, but he may be the one they go after.
I imagine doing that would be more illegal then buying the return in the first place.

I read somewhere recently that a company removed the points from a customer because he didn't take a flight - he took them to court and won.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 7:27 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

By immigration. If he is coming in on a K1 I am concerned that they will ask why he booked a roundtrip. On Deltas website it's called a throwaway tickket and saysif you book a roundtrip for a cheaper flight instead of a one way it's illlegal.
Unless you can find another reference, my reading on their site here states it contravenes their Contract of Carriage.

There is nothing illegal about breaking a contract -- we're talking civil law here. At worse, they can sue you in court if they want everyone to laugh at them.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 7:53 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Longy
The airlines may call it illegal, but I would doubt anybody has ever been convicted of not using a return ticket.

They are just trying to scare people into booking single tickets.
Hi:

Delta's website just says it is "prohibited." This is part of the contract which is a civil matter. As part of the contract of carriage, one who does that agrees that they owe Delta the difference between one-way passage and the round-trip ticket.

So, if one desires to break the agreement, the damages are agreed upon in advance. I did not notice which price is used.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 10:22 am
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute

Has anybody used a roundtrip for a K1? I was told it was ok but I am now getting worried about my fiance being questioned.
When I came in they never even asked to see my ticket. It's more a case of you having the right paperwork to be here. All he will have to do is to hand the envelope (that they'll give him at the US Consulate) to the Immigration official. They'll take it from there, and I had no problem. Whatever ticket you come in on, they'll have to accept you at the airport, providing that you have the right paperwork from the US consulate in that official envelope. Nobody even asked to see my ticket when I showed the official envelope to them, they just took me straight into the immigration office and looked through what I had in the way of paperwork.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 11:36 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
Hi:

What a big mess that will be when the card-holder disputes the charge.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 5:14 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

What a big mess that will be when the card-holder disputes the charge.
It's on my card. I used my miles for most of the ticket. I figure I'll cancel his return portion before he's scheduled to go back and leve it open. I spoke to someone on the phone at Delta asking if I copuld cancelmy return and keep it open. They said that I could for a year and wouldn't be charged until a return was rebooked.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 5:17 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
He can say he's saving it for when he wants to go home for a visit!
I figured he could say he was hoping to get advanced parole. The return is for two months after he enters. I am a worry wort as well!
Old Sep 4th 2008, 5:19 pm
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry too much. I also did a round trip ticket back in 2001. It does save you bloody hundreds.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by sime303
Don't worry too much. I also did a round trip ticket back in 2001. It does save you bloody hundreds.
I'm trying. My fiancee thinks we should change to a one way. I'm wondering iof JFK is stricter than other airports or if iot will affect his EAD stamp
Old Sep 4th 2008, 5:28 pm
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm trying. My fiancee thinks we should change to a one way. I'm wondering iof JFK is stricter than other airports or if iot will affect his EAD stamp

Like everyone else has said immigration doesn't care what ticket you have. I just walked up to the line and when I had to show my passport the IO asked why I was entering the US and I said I was moving here and getting married he looked at my visa and directed me to a little table where they took my packet and that was it.

Until I got to the Customs fella and he asked why I was entering the US and I said I was moving over and getting married, he then took a serious look at me and said "You know there is still time right? you could get back on a plane, you don't have to do it" and started pissing himself and told me to have a good day.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 5:31 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is -- frankly -- unbelievable. There's nothing to be scared of here, really!
Old Sep 4th 2008, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by sime303
Like everyone else has said immigration doesn't care what ticket you have. I just walked up to the line and when I had to show my passport the IO asked why I was entering the US and I said I was moving here and getting married he looked at my visa and directed me to a little table where they took my packet and that was it.

Until I got to the Customs fella and he asked why I was entering the US and I said I was moving over and getting married, he then took a serious look at me and said "You know there is still time right? you could get back on a plane, you don't have to do it" and started pissing himself and told me to have a good day.
Did you fly into a small aiport?
Old Sep 4th 2008, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by fatbrit
This thread is -- frankly -- unbelievable. There's nothing to be scared of here, really!
I hope you're right. This whole process is really stressfull for me!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.