Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Roundtrip flight for K1

Wikiposts

Roundtrip flight for K1

Old Sep 4th 2008, 6:28 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Roundtrip flight for K1

Has anybody used a roundtrip for a K1? I was told it was ok but I am now getting worried about my fiance being questioned.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 6:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roundtrip flight for K1

Originally Posted by penguinbar
Has anybody used a roundtrip for a K1? I was told it was ok but I am now getting worried about my fiance being questioned.
My hubby did in 2004. It was several hundred USD cheaper. Not an issue at all.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

English Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond repute

I did it in January.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 6:39 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by English Muffin
I did it in January.
No questions at all?
Old Sep 4th 2008, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

English Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond repute

No questions at all?
By whom?
Old Sep 4th 2008, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Longy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to behold

No questions at all?
What exactly are you worried about? There is no reason for them to ask to see a return flight as they are staying. Its perfectly valid to get a return as it is cheaper.

And if the return is booked about 6 months in the future it may be possible to use it.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 6:45 am

By whom?
By immigration. If he is coming in on a K1 I am concerned that they will ask why he booked a roundtrip. On Deltas website it's called a throwaway tickket and saysif you book a roundtrip for a cheaper flight instead of a one way it's illlegal.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by Longy
What exactly are you worried about? There is no reason for them to ask to see a return flight as they are staying. Its perfectly valid to get a return as it is cheaper.

And if the return is booked about 6 months in the future it may be possible to use it.
I booked the return for November becauseit was cheapest. He's coming next week.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

By immigration. If he is coming in on a K1 I am concerned that they will ask why he booked a roundtrip. On Deltas website it's called a throwaway tickket and saysif you book a roundtrip for a cheaper flight instead of a one way it's illlegal.
Immigration won't ask or care. Delta might have an issue with it, but immigration won't. There's no need to tell Delta that you won't be using the return part. Hundreds of people every day don't turn up for flights they've booked, that's how 'stand-by' tickets work.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 6:52 am

Immigration won't ask or care. Delta might have an issue with it, but immigration won't. There's no need to tell Delta that you won't be using the return part. Hundreds of people every day don't turn up for flights they've booked, that's how 'stand-by' tickets work.
Thanks. I just wasn't sure if Delta or immigration would question it since the visa is in his passport
Old Sep 4th 2008, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Longy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to behold

The airlines may call it illegal, but I would doubt anybody has ever been convicted of not using a return ticket.

They are just trying to scare people into booking single tickets.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 6:55 am

The airlines may call it illegal, but I would doubt anybody has ever been convicted of not using a return ticket.

They are just trying to scare people into booking single tickets.
You're probably right. I was more concerned about immigration
Old Sep 4th 2008, 6:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Immigration definitely won't care. For all they know you might intend using the return portion after you get your AP or Green Card.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

In the extremely unlikely event it did come up, you could always say you were hoping to get your AP in time to go back for a quick visit.

But its not worth even thinking about.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 7:01 am

In the extremely unlikely event it did come up, you could always say you were hoping to get your AP in time to go back for a quick visit.

But its not worth even thinking about.
Thanks everyone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.