Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Roll Call: Marriage Class of 2003

Roll Call: Marriage Class of 2003

Old Oct 20th 2004, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

leebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really nice
Default Roll Call: Marriage Class of 2003

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to stop by and say hi to everyone from a former fiance entering via a K-1 visa, and see what all the people that were going through processing at that time were up to now.

We just passed our 1 year wedding anniversary and have no idea where the time has gone, it has just flown past and has been the best year of my life =) As you can see from the signature, I have had my green card for a couple months now, and have settled down great in the US =)

I hope anyone waiting reading this sees that there is light at the end of the tunnel, it is all worth it, and how much of the rest of your life you have to look forward to once you get through the immigration process =)

So if you are one of the people going through these boards this time last year, say Hi and give us an update

Lee
Old Oct 20th 2004, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

hoosier wannabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Roll Call: Marriage Class of 2003

Hey Lee!

Just wanted to add my update...........

I came, I saw, I got my conditional permenant resident card in the mail! The last year was tough, the rollercoaster ride made me dizzy at best but things have gotten so much easier. From getting my K1 visa in may 2003 to getting my green card in september 2004 it took 14 crazy months!

So im going to the mother land (England) in 3 weeks, i just applied to about 7 colleges in Indiana, Michigan, Idaho and Utah. My wife and I got a new car and my job is actually fun!

Your right Lee.......... The Tunnel is long but there is light at the end of it!

Take care all!
Shaun
Old Oct 20th 2004, 4:29 pm
Welsh Wife

JohnCindy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Roll Call: Marriage Class of 2003

Hi Lee!!

John and I celebrated our anniversary in July (one year ) We are still awaiting for his background checks.......... for the second time He had his interview for his AOS on August 2nd and all went well except.......... background checks not done and he had them done in January 2003!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr so they took his fingerprints again, signed a card and we are still waiting. December 1st if he hasn't heard anything we are supposed to inquiry about it!!

Sorry for moaning........... take care and it was a great year going thru the process with people like yourself
Cindy
Old Oct 20th 2004, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

Rukhie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by leebarton
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to stop by and say hi to everyone from a former fiance entering via a K-1 visa, and see what all the people that were going through processing at that time were up to now.

We just passed our 1 year wedding anniversary and have no idea where the time has gone, it has just flown past and has been the best year of my life =) As you can see from the signature, I have had my green card for a couple months now, and have settled down great in the US =)

I hope anyone waiting reading this sees that there is light at the end of the tunnel, it is all worth it, and how much of the rest of your life you have to look forward to once you get through the immigration process =)

So if you are one of the people going through these boards this time last year, say Hi and give us an update

Lee

Hi Lee,
Congrats on the smooth GC approval....so did u ever get an interim EAD or actual EAD?
Rukhie
Old Oct 20th 2004, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

Epitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to allEpitomee2000 is a name known to all
Talking Re: Roll Call: Marriage Class of 2003

Married for 1 year on Oct 31 (spooky..All Hollows Eve) Husband has had green card since July 04..
Old Oct 21st 2004, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

jgbreton is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

Married November 16, 2003 so our anniversary will be soon . Still waiting on AOS interview in NYC - probably for a while yet.
Old Oct 21st 2004, 1:21 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Lee!

Good to 'hear' from you!!

I have my 'green' card, (good ole Baltimore); Got it in July, the day I was jetting back to Blighty for a couple of weeks - excellent timing!! And had a lil boy 3½ weeks ago!

Life is pretty darn good...

Take care

Tam
Old Oct 21st 2004, 1:56 am
Forum Regular

Jana is on a distinguished road

Married June 2003, happy as ever. No Green Card yet, Atlanta is slow.

Moving to Canda next year.
Old Oct 21st 2004, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

sal_whit will become famous soon enoughsal_whit will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Roll Call: Marriage Class of 2003

Hi All of class 2003

We got Married March 14th 2003,Got my green card and still as happy as can be.

Sal
Old Oct 21st 2004, 11:38 am
thingluvthing2ringfingIdo

thing1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by leebarton

Lee
We had our one year wedding anniversary June 18. My husband has been a conditional permanent resident since September 15, 2003. We are now starting to think about removing conditions and trying to gather everything we need for that. I still visit the BE forums daily and try to stay on top of all the changes that take place in the marriage based immigration world.

I used to have our timeline as my signature but because it really isn't helpful to people going through the process now because the process has changed so much, I took it off my signature.

Here is our timeline:

thing1 - Michigan USA
thing2 - London UK (formerly)

* 11/12/02 submitted I-129F to NSC
* 11/13/02 Police Certificate Applied for
* 11/15/02 1st NOA receipt date
* 11/23/02 received NOA document in mail
* 12/03/02 Opened Provisional File at London Consulate
* 01/08/03 Received Police Certificate
* 03/24/03 2nd NOA-----Note: we found out we were approved by calling the telephone case status check. The online status message didn't change to showing us as "approved" until March 28, 2003-----
* 04/03/03 NVC received file from NSC
* 04/08/03 called NVC - our file is still being entered into the system
* 04/10/03 called NVC - our file was sent to the London TODAY
* 04/14/03 received notice of receipt and action from NVC
* 04/23/03 received Packet #4 and interview date from London Consulate
* 04/30/03 K-1 interview at London Consulate - K-1 VISA APPROVED
* 05/25/03 thing2 came home to thing1
* 05/28/03 Applied for SSN
* 06/18/03 Thing2 Married Thing1
* 06/23/03 Filed AOS in Detroit
* 06/27/03 Received SSN
* 07/03/03 Fingerprinting Appointment in Grand Rapids
* 09/15/03 AOS Interview in Detroit - APPROVED - received I-551 stamp in passport
* 10/02/03 Received 'Welcome to US Letter' from NSC
* 10/04/03 Received Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)
Old Oct 21st 2004, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

AMonica76 will become famous soon enough

Hi!

We got Married Oct 2003, filed AOS Dec 2003. Still waiting for AOS interview, my case is handle by Atlanta office, so I am prepared to wait 1 more year for that interview..

Regards,
Old Oct 21st 2004, 1:39 pm
Oregon/ShangHai

donahso is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Roll Call: Marriage Class of 2003

What an interesting thread - thanks for starting it.

Xiahong's interview was 17 months - to the day - after NOA1. Her interview was on 9/23/03, we arrived here on 9/26/03 and married on 9/29/03. We filed AOS at the end of October and she had her green card by February of this year. Portland rocks!

I don't post a lot these days, but keep up with some of the happenings here. Hope all of my cohorts are doing as well as we are.
Old Oct 21st 2004, 3:35 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thing1
We had our one year wedding anniversary June 18.
Our anniversary is the same day!

We had our AOS interview on June 3 and Mark received his green card three weeks later. The process so far has been really smooth sailing...

Our life here has had ups and downs. The worst part has been health-related, mostly. I was diagnosed with a benign tumor in June and had surgery to remove it in July, which resulted in the left side of my face being temporarily paralyzed. Had trouble talking, eating, drinking, etc.... Mark has been a star, taking care of me. It did create a lot of stress, especially for Mark, and he still hasn't started working yet because of it. So that's a bit of a downer. But things are turning up now -- he'll be applying for a job in the next week or two.

But other than that, we just appreciate the fact that we are no longer separated and look forward to building a life together.

~ Jenney
Old Oct 25th 2004, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

leebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really nice

It is great to hear how everyone is doing

I still don't know where the time goes, but it all seems so far behind us now, all the months of waiting and the heartache. For us it made us really appreciate our time together, and because of it we love spending most of our spare time together =)
Old Oct 25th 2004, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

We got married May of 2003. We are as happy as can be but have no Green Card...........as someone said............Atlanta is sloooooooow (and for the record I think the BCIS is run by a vast majority of idjuts). Actually we don't care if we get or not anyway. We are moving to Wales next spring and I can't wait. It will mean I will only have to work part time then (self-employed to boot)and I can be semi-retired at age 45. Wooooooohooooooo!

Cheers,

Leslie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.