Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Ringing in 2005 !!!!!!!!!

Ringing in 2005 !!!!!!!!!

Old Jan 1st 2005, 6:15 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Ringing in 2005 !!!!!!!!!

As the ball in Times Square dropped, Jim and I recalled how we proposed to each other at the start of the 1998 new year. Now 7 years after, we are married and Jim has already been a US Citizen for a year.

Both he and I want to offer our best wishes to all those we have come to know through this forum for a healthy, happy and wonderous 2005.

During this year there have been many who have posted that the love they had found did not live up to their dreams. To those who find themselves alone this new year to grieve for the loss of their dream, never regret the giving of your heart to another. Broken hearts do mend and you will one day love again for you have proven your capacity to open your life to include another on such intimate level.

For those who are apart, you will be together one day. Love does not diminish by distance and does not have to be confirmed by physical contact to stay alive.

Blessed be.
Old Jan 1st 2005, 1:22 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Ringing in 2005 !!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Rete
...Jim has already been a US Citizen for a year.
Where has the time gone? A year already? Wow!

Wishing you all a very happy and prosperous New Year.
Old Jan 1st 2005, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Best wishes for a happy and healthy 2005 from the HunterGreen family as well!

Elaine (<-- sick as a dog with the flu, even typing hurts... what am I doing here?!? )
Old Jan 1st 2005, 3:10 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

New Year's Eve is the only holiday Mark and I have been able to spend together every year since we met, so it has special meaning to us. Since the first one in 2002, we've celebrated by making a great dinner of homemade carbonara, salad and garlic bread, then watch a movie together (this year it was "Return of the Jedi"!) and finish just before midnight, when we ring in the New Year together with a kiss. It's a wonderful tradition we hope to continue.

For those of you unlucky enough to not be able to celebrate with your love last night, take heart and know that by next New Year's Eve, you will be.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

~ Jenney
Old Jan 1st 2005, 3:40 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all,
Rete, thank you for the lovely words. Last year (and the year before, and the year before, and the year before!) Mr. Pink and I celebrated by having him call me on the cellphone from whichever gig he was playing at the time (he's a stand-up bassist) and I would listen to all these rowdy English voices sing "Auld Lange Syne" with the band playing, and toast one another. He'd then run back over to the phone, toast with me, and then run back onstage to play again. He would also stay up then until 6 am UK time to toast again with me on the American side. Even though we were apart, it's really a memory that I would never give up.

This year there was no gig, no trans-Atlantic phone call with rowdy English people (unless you count the call to his parents later!) but we were together on the couch with the Christmas tree lit up and a bottle of champagne. What a difference a year makes.

Love and Blessings to all the members of the group, and a great 2005 to all!

~SecretGarden
~and Mr. Pink
(hoping Elaine feels better soon!)
Old Jan 1st 2005, 3:44 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Happy New Year to everyone!!! May you have peace and happiness in 2005, whether together or apart.

Last night was our very first New Year together. Just this time last year we were worried about all things immigration, and now look...here we are, relaxed, and together.

Hugs,
Rene & Sadegh
Old Jan 1st 2005, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

jgbreton is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the thoughtful words, Rete and Happy New Year!

We were in the mid-town New York City area, but chose to skip the whole craziness of Times Sq. Much more fun to see it on TV and here it from our friends' window.

We've spent the last three New Years together and we have plans to continue to do so for decades to come
Old Jan 1st 2005, 7:18 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

I hope everyone has a wonderful new year in 2005. The last Rose Parade float just passed by my office window.
Old Jan 1st 2005, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

Suess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to all

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE

I want to wish everyone a Happy 2005. I hope all those dreams come true.

This site has been of great value to me and I want to thank everyone.

Sue