Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Rights of non - American wife!

Wikiposts

Rights of non - American wife!

Old Aug 26th 2007, 6:53 am
amyalta

Default Re: Rights of non - American wife!

Within 'there' rights? Do you mean 'their?'

So - they let in all kids of riff raff but I can be sent back, torn from my childen and husband? What a situation!

Old Aug 26th 2007, 6:54 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amyalta
So - does this mean I have to apply for the right to go live in US with my US husband & the 2 US kids I have raised?

If so, just how long does this take, and why, may one ask, is it not as it is in UK, where a spouse has an automatic right?

It sounds to me as though I, married (in Chicago) to a US citizen for 16 years, and a professional person bringing some $600,000 into the country, have just about the same rights as the illiterate, state-supported Indian fiance of a Pole!

We're coming to US in less than 2 months - why can I not come in under tourist visa & then apply for whatever is needed?
Wow! What a vile attitude you have. Apparently all that money hasn't made you a nicer person.

Your attitude of superiority has apparently resulted in you screwing up your move to the US because you think that somehow the rules don't apply to you. Try explaining to the immigration officer at the airport that you should be treated differently to the "Indian fiance of a Pole". I'm sure it'll go down great.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 6:56 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

So - they let in all kids of riff raff but I can be sent back, torn from my childen and husband? What a situation!
Talk about shooting the messenger. You've been given nothing but good, solid information in this thread. It's not the fault of the people helping you that you have no right to move to the US with your husband until you file the correct paperwork.

Some people's definitions of riff-raff are rather different. Personally I can't stand the idea of you being allowed into the country.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 6:58 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
Some people's definitions of riff-raff are rather different. Personally I can't stand the idea of you being allowed into the country.
Ayuh.
Mister should apply for his UK citizenship, so it will be easier for him to move back over when all this goes in the crapper.

OTOH, if they're moving to Texas, she might just fit in.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 7:00 am
Arrogant ****

Originally Posted by meauxna
Ayuh.
Mister should apply for his UK citizenship, so it will be easier for him to move back over when all this goes in the crapper.

OTOH, if they're moving to Texas, she might just fit in.
Even the Texans aren't racist scum like her. I'm sure her attitude to the Hispanic immigration officers will come back to bite her in the ass if she ever makes it over to Texas.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 7:02 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

My house is sold, new owners want to move in in 7 weeks, my kids need to start their new schools... any useful ideas, as opposed to things that are impossible?

I am told that people in my position have in the past entered on tourist visas and then applied for residency whilst extending that...

http://www.workpermit.com/us/family_visas/spouse.htm
It's possible but illegal. You may or may not get caught. Also, by using this method, you run many risks, not least of which you may be up the creek without a paddle should your husband peg it before you are given PR.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 7:07 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

on the shi*** why I am treated

shi*** 'why'? Do you mean 'way'?
Old Aug 26th 2007, 7:08 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

That reminds me of Basil Fawlty!
Old Aug 26th 2007, 7:10 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by MataHari
shi*** 'why'? Do you mean 'way'?
I think it's a non-native British woman getting uppity
Old Aug 26th 2007, 7:12 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally
I think it's a non-native British woman getting uppity
she's not Indian is she...
Old Aug 26th 2007, 7:14 am
Account Closed

Dunno...but she may have a pole...
Old Aug 26th 2007, 7:15 am
Arrogant ****

I believe she said she was an illiterate Indian of Polish ancestry... but I could have misunderstood. Her English isn't very good.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 7:16 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Sally
Dunno...but she may have a pole...
that can come in handy...
Old Aug 26th 2007, 7:17 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by dbj1000
I believe she said she was an illiterate Indian of Polish ancestry... but I could have misunderstood. Her English isn't very good.
being Dutch myself, I don't understand what is going on in here most of the time...
Old Aug 26th 2007, 7:18 am
Joe Feise

amyalta wrote on 08/26/07 11:01:

>> GC = Green Card
>> DCF = Direct Consular Filing
>
> So - does this mean I have to apply for the right to go live in US with
> my US husband & the 2 US kids I have raised?
>
> If so, just how long does this take, and why, may one ask, is it not as
> it is in UK, where a spouse has an automatic right?
>
> It sounds to me as though I, married (in Chicago) to a US citizen for 16
> years, and a professional person bringing some $600,000 into the
> country, have just about the same rights as the illiterate, state-
> supported Indian fiance of a Pole!

Yeah, and? Why do you think you are something better? The "illiterate" Indian
could actually be a person who changes the world, given the opportunity.
I suggest dropping the attitude...
This country has laws, and the laws don't change just because you are British or
have some money (which is not all that much, btw...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.