Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

RFEs for medicals for K1 AOS applicants

Wikiposts

RFEs for medicals for K1 AOS applicants

Old Mar 5th 2010, 4:31 am
BE Enthusiast

YouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Survey: RFEs for medicals for K1 AOS applicants

Hi,

If you have either received your green card or received an RFE relating to an I-693 then please consider completing the survey below for the benefit of others.

RFEs for I-693s at AOS stage are, to say the least, a contentious issue. Some people are getting RFEs asking to submit a full medical, others are not. There are probably many reasons for this inconsistency.

However - one idea I had was to create a thread in which people could post their experience so that other forum users may be able to look at it and help inform their decisions. Perhaps in time and if enough people contribute to the thread a pattern will emerge of what is going on and where.

So here goes. Perhaps an idea would be to copy and paste the details below so as to keep the data consistent and thereby easier for people to browse.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Please copy and paste this text and insert your own answers. (Please only complete this if you have either received your green card or received an RFE. Please do not comlete it if you have sent off your AOS and are simply waiting to hear something)

1. Did you receive a copy of DS3025 (record of vaccination) from Knightsbridge ater your medical? Yes or no = Yes

2. Once in the USA, did you go to a civil surgeon and arrange for parts 1, 2 and 5 of form I-693to be completed in accordance with Section III of I-693 instructions? Yes or No = Yes

3. If 'yes' to question 2, did you give the civil surgeon a copy of DS3025? Yes or No = Yes

4. If 'yes' to question 2, what did the civil surgeon charge? = $60

5. Did you visit the cilvil surgeon in person or use a postal service? = In person

6. Did you submit I-693 as completed by the civil surgeon with your AOS application? Yes or No = Yes

7. Where and when did you send your AOS application to? = Chicago, December 2009

8. Did your case get transferred to another service centre? Yes, California

9. Did you receive an RFE in relation to the I-693? Yes or No = No

10. If you did receive an RFE please type the exact wording here:

11. How did you go about resolving the RFE?

Last edited by YouWantFriesWithThat; Mar 5th 2010 at 5:19 am. Reason: Schpelling mishtakes
Old Mar 5th 2010, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

paul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to all
Default Re: RFEs for medicals for K1 AOS applicants

1. Did you receive a copy of DS3025 (record of vaccination) from Knightsbridge ater your medical? Yes

2. Once in the USA, did you go to a civil surgeon and arrange for parts 1, 2 and 5 of form I-693to be completed in accordance with Section III of I-693 instructions? No

3. If 'yes' to question 2, did you give the civil surgeon a copy of DS3025? N/A

4. If 'yes' to question 2, what did the civil surgeon charge? N/A

5. Did you visit the cilvil surgeon in person or use a postal service? N/A

6. Did you submit I-693 as completed by the civil surgeon with your AOS application? N/A

7. Where and when did you send your AOS application to? Chicago, June 2009

8. Did your case get transferred to another service centre? No

9. Did you receive an RFE in relation to the I-693? No

10. If you did receive an RFE please type the exact wording here:

11. How did you go about resolving the RFE? N/A
Old Mar 5th 2010, 5:57 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

1. Did you receive a copy of DS3025 (record of vaccination) from Knightsbridge ater your medical? Yes

2. Once in the USA, did you go to a civil surgeon and arrange for parts 1, 2 and 5 of form I-693to be completed in accordance with Section III of I-693 instructions? Yes

3. If 'yes' to question 2, did you give the civil surgeon a copy of DS3025? Yes

4. If 'yes' to question 2, what did the civil surgeon charge? = $75

5. Did you visit the cilvil surgeon in person or use a postal service? = In person

6. Did you submit I-693 as completed by the civil surgeon with your AOS application? Yes

7. Where and when did you send your AOS application to? = Vermont October 2008

9. Did you receive an RFE in relation to the I-693? Yes

10. If you did receive an RFE please type the exact wording here: Please submit a completed and signed form I 693 medical examination for aliens seeking adjustment of status

11. How did you go about resolving the RFE? Got another medical.Didn't feel like "Fighting City Hall". Greencard arrived in mail about 3 weeks later no interview
Old Mar 5th 2010, 6:13 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Survey: RFEs for medicals for K1 AOS applicants

YWFWT,

I have a question with regard to what information you're intending to gather with your questions 7 and 8.

Current and recent K visa applicants will send their I-485 to the Chicago lockbox, from where it will be sent to the National Benefits Center for pre-processing, from where it will most often be send to a local District or Sub Office for processing with interview or the CSC for processing without interview.

The questions as written do not seem appropriate to the process.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by YouWantFriesWithThat

7. Where and when did you send your AOS application to? = Chicago, December 2009

Last edited by jeffreyhy; Mar 5th 2010 at 6:17 am.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Survey: RFEs for medicals for K1 AOS applicants

2. Once in the USA, did you go to a civil surgeon and arrange for parts 1, 2 and 5 of form I-693to be completed in accordance with Section III of I-693 instructions? Yes

3. If 'yes' to question 2, did you give the civil surgeon a copy of DS3025? Yes they gave it back too.

4. If 'yes' to question 2, what did the civil surgeon charge? = $50

6. Did you submit I-693 as completed by the civil surgeon with your AOS application? Yes

7. Where and when did you send your AOS application to? = Chicago, October 2009

9. Did you receive an RFE in relation to the I-693? No

10. If you did receive an RFE please type the exact wording here: N/A

11. How did you go about resolving the RFE?: N/A[/QUOTE]

adding in my own question to help with timelines!

12. If you have recieved your PR card, when did you recieve it?: November 2009
Old Mar 6th 2010, 10:53 am
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute

1. Did you receive a copy of DS3025 (record of vaccination) from Knightsbridge ater your medical? Yes or no = Yes

2. Once in the USA, did you go to a civil surgeon and arrange for parts 1, 2 and 5 of form I-693to be completed in accordance with Section III of I-693 instructions? Yes or No = Yes

3. If 'yes' to question 2, did you give the civil surgeon a copy of DS3025? Yes or No = Yes

4. If 'yes' to question 2, what did the civil surgeon charge? = 0

6. Did you submit I-693 as completed by the civil surgeon with your AOS application? Yes or No = No

9. Did you receive an RFE in relation to the I-693? Yes or No = No

10. If you did receive an RFE please type the exact wording here: N/A

11. How did you go about resolving the RFE? N/A