Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

RFEd - CIS needs a statement.

RFEd - CIS needs a statement.

Old Aug 22nd 2007, 2:27 am
Forum Regular

wildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to all
Default Re: RFEd - CIS needs a statement.

Originally Posted by lulu204
I think once Wildest sends his statement in, that might suffice....if they wanted to interview him, they would ask him for his statement in person...
Thats what I am thinking too. If they needed extra evidence, they would have asked for it. But they just asked for a statement. I am thinking that the evidence that they got was considered good enough, but something might have been lacking, hence the request for a statement from me on what went wrong. They might also have decided that this is not an "interview case" but to make sure of it, lets ask him for a statement. I might be getting a little too optimistic here, though. But its possible.

If you think of it, now that they have all the evidence that I had to send them and the only thing that they are asking for is the statement, once they do get it, assuming it is a well drafted statement (which it will be, covering all the facts), calling for an interview would not make sense. Maybe that is what the statement is for.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 2:29 am
Forum Regular

wildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to all

Oh god, I sent them a photocopy of my entire wedding album. (30 pages)
I was thinking of doing that as well. Have around 150 photos. Never sent any.

But I don't think I will.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

lulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud of

"Anyone can smile and look happy for the camera"

Er, I don't think so. If thats the case, anyone can say they live at the same address and have their friends send them joint mail, sign up for junk mail etc Anyone can get married at a registry office and then go on to file their taxes together...anyone can have their friends/family write fake affidavits....
...but trust me, its a little hard to 'fake' 150 people (in my case) smiling at my wedding and looking happy for the camera...

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Nope no pics they saw them at the original interview or they could have I took them but the officer said it was not neccesary.

I have the pictures with me and the wedding was put onto CD which I have but lets be honest photo's, anyone can smile and look happy for the camera so I was not to concerned about it they need hard evidence wedding photos are of 1 day, bills Insurance etc are more evidence to them.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 2:44 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

"Anyone can smile and look happy for the camera"

Er, I don't think so. If thats the case, anyone can say they live at the same address and have their friends send them joint mail, sign up for junk mail etc Anyone can get married at a registry office and then go on to file their taxes together...anyone can have their friends/family write fake affidavits....
...but trust me, its a little hard to 'fake' 150 people (in my case) smiling at my wedding and looking happy for the camera...
I see you point Lu but if you have insurance documents like health and car insurance,maybe a loan together,bank account that you are both using holiday photos together,I think its a bit more credible,they won't look at junk mail they want legit headed paper from endorsed companys junk mail won't do.
I am not suggesting for one minute that it does not help to send them the photos can't do any harm.
What caused my train of thought was a friend of mine that was in an arranged marriage and I know for a fact by the photos they looked totally in love.
Result he was shirt lifter 100% and you would never of thought it by the phots.

Better clarify the above statement before anyone reads it wrong she had no idea he was gay she was a Indian girl friend of mine and only knew him a matter of days.

Lulu I know yours was for real stop worrying girl you are getting your knickers in a twist

Last edited by Poppy girl; Aug 22nd 2007 at 3:38 am.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

A thought just crossed my mind (wish Mr. F were here to respond to it) - I am supposed to provide evidence to establish the bona fide nature of the marriage and that is what they are supposed to make the decision on. I already provided evidence to support that.

I didn't realize that the conditions surrounding the termination of marriage were also needed to make a decision. I thought that was outside the scope of the adjudication process, with the focus being *solely* on establishing and providing evidence to support a bona fide marriage and nothing more. From what I understood, USCIS only cares to find out what you entered the marriage for. They do *not* care to find out why you got divorced.

Am I the only one who is thinking that this request is a little unusual?

Last edited by wildestkabs; Aug 22nd 2007 at 2:59 am.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

lulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud oflulu204 has much to be proud of

hahah - I havent heard 'shirtlifter' in ages!!!

that gave me a good laugh! x

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I see you point Lu but if you have insurance documents like health and car insurance,maybe a loan together,bank account that you are both using holiday photos together,I think its a bit more credible,they won't look at junk mail they want legit headed paper from endorsed companys junk mail won't do.
I am not suggesting for one minute that it does not help to send them the photos can't do any harm.
What caused my train of thought was a friend of mine that was in an arranged marriage and I know for a fact by the photos they looked totally in love.
Result he was shirt lifter 100% and you would never of thought it by the phots.

Better clarify the above statement before anyone reads it wrong she had no idea he was gay she was a Indian girl friend of mine and only knew him a matter of days.

Lulu I know yours was for real stop worrying girl you are getting your knickers in a twist
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

Interesting point. I think as far as divorce is concerned, the only aspect they would look at is the timeline between when you received your conditional greencard in relation to when you separated/divorced. The smaller this timeframe, the more suspicious your 'good faith marriage' might look.
Again - this is all conjecture.

Originally Posted by wildestkabs
A thought just crossed my mind (wish Mr. F were here to respond to it) - I am supposed to provide evidence to establish the bona fide nature of the marriage and that is what they are supposed to make the decision on. I already provided evidence to support that.

I didn't realize that the conditions surrounding the termination of marriage were also needed to make a decision. I thought that was outside the scope of the adjudication process, with the focus being *solely* on establishing and providing evidence to support a bona fide marriage and nothing more. From what I understood, USCIS only cares to find out what you entered the marriage for. They do *not* care to find out why you got divorced.

Am I the only one who is thinking that this request is a little unusual?
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

bionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to behold

Interesting point. I think as far as divorce is concerned, the only aspect they would look at is the timeline between when you received your conditional greencard in relation to when you separated/divorced. The smaller this timeframe, the more suspicious your 'good faith marriage' might look.
Again - this is all conjecture.
Well, I'm not sure I'd simplify it to that extent. Evidence of a bona fide marriage can be what comes to mind for all of us....commingling of finances, assets, social lives etc. However, the grounds for divorce could conceivably work against such evidence and change the complexion of a case. Furthermore, with the waiver process, if an alien does not file within the 90 day timeframe, there is also the issue of demonstrating that the alien was "not at fault" in the untimely submission. These particular points *can* have a bearing on a determination made by the AO. Especially when one bears in mind that acceptance of an untimely petition by USCIS is discretionary.

Take for example, the couple that provides all such evidence of commingled lives and then a petition for divorce is filed using a ground that goes to question the motive of one of the parties. Would that not be important in a determination made by USCIS? Mind you, I am not saying that Wildestkabs' case is like this, but one could be.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 7:54 pm
Mh

In article <[email protected]> ,
wildestkabs <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> I will have to look up my list and get back to you on what I sent. My
>> nationality? I am Indian. I don't think that has anything to do with
>> the RFE. I have read of a ton of peope who got RFEd, and had various
>> types of nationalities. Also, lots of couples who filed jointly were
>> RFEd as well.
>>
>> Now the RFEs that people have received over time have been different
>> in nature. I am making the assumption that the reason they have asked
>> me to send a statement is because I am no longer married, so they
>> might have assumed that I don't have additional "joint" evidence. If
>> they had rfed me while I was married, then they might have asked me
>> for the regular stuff, like bills, leases etc.
>
>By the way, the WAC number on the RFE is different from the WAC # that I
>had originally received when I had filed the I-751.

I think that's normal.. I also got one WAC number when I filed the I-751,
another when it was actually processed..

MH

Old Aug 31st 2007, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mh
I think that's normal.. I also got one WAC number when I filed the I-751, another when it was actually processed.
I didn't realize that. Thanks for the information.

Except for getting it notarized, my statement is ready. I will get it notarized tomorrow and then mail it to USCIS.