Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

RFE: Where do I send it to?

Wikiposts

RFE: Where do I send it to?

Old Dec 29th 2003, 4:16 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute
Default RFE: Where do I send it to?

I received a "Request for Missing Initial Evidence" letter in the mail (forgot to include husband's birth certificate). I assume I return the letter to the sender's address since it dosn't specify any other address? I'd appreciate if someone could tell me if that's correct!
Old Dec 29th 2003, 4:27 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RFE: Where do I send it to?

Originally posted by Steffi
I received a "Request for Missing Initial Evidence" letter in the mail (forgot to include husband's birth certificate). I assume I return the letter to the sender's address since it dosn't specify any other address? I'd appreciate if someone could tell me if that's correct!
An RFE?? Ouch sorry girlie!!, I dont know the asnwer to your question, sorry!. Hope you can get that sort out soon!!!
Keep us updated!!!!!!
Old Dec 29th 2003, 4:42 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
An RFE?? Ouch sorry girlie!!, I dont know the asnwer to your question, sorry!. Hope you can get that sort out soon!!!
Keep us updated!!!!!!
Yes, a minor hickup...but it should all be ok. At least I know someone has had my file in their hands! So hopefully I'll have some results soon once I return the missing evidence to them. I tried to be so organized and then I still missed something. Oh well, like I said it will all be ok.

Oh, and, I just called the customer service number and the guy told me to send it back to Missouri. He initially told me to send it to the same place I filed to (Atlanta), but then corrected himself when I told him the sender's address was from Missouri.
While I had him on the phone I also asked him to change my address...again! It's been 2 month's since I've moved and they recognized Patrick's sponsor change of address, but not my alien one. This would be really annoying if my old address wouldn't be my mother-in-law's!
Old Dec 29th 2003, 4:46 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Steffi
Yes, a minor hickup...but it should all be ok. At least I know someone has had my file in their hands! So hopefully I'll have some results soon once I return the missing evidence to them. I tried to be so organized and then I still missed something. Oh well, like I said it will all be ok.

Oh, and, I just called the customer service number and the guy told me to send it back to Missouri. He initially told me to send it to the same place I filed to (Atlanta), but then corrected himself when I told him the sender's address was from Missouri.
While I had him on the phone I also asked him to change my address...again! It's been 2 month's since I've moved and they recognized Patrick's sponsor change of address, but not my alien one. This would be really annoying if my old address wouldn't be my mother-in-law's!
Glad to hear everything is going to be alright
Regarding the change of address,what a mess!!, did he change it??
Thanks for letting me know
Old Dec 29th 2003, 5:06 am
K1 via London

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Regarding the change of address,what a mess!!, did he change it??
Thanks for letting me know
I know, tell me about it. It especially annoys me since it clearly states:

This card is to be used by all aliens to report change of address within 10 days of such change.

The collection of this information is required by Section 265 of the I&N Act (8 U.S.C. 1305). The data used by the Immigration and Naturalization Service for statistical and record purposes and may be furnished to federal, state, local and foreign law enforcement officials. Failure to report is punishable by fine or imprisonment and/or deportation.

If they a going to go ahead and threaten me with fines, imprisonment and deportation if I fail to turn it in within 10 days then I'm expecting to hear back from them that they received it and changed it!!! Two months...ridiculous! *angry*