Wikiposts

RFE Satisfaction

Old Nov 4th 2005, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

spolizzi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RFE Satisfaction

How long does it usually take from the day our additional evidence is received by USCIS to get it posted to our case?

Will we see an update online about this?

What usually then happens with a case that had an RFE on it? Does it immediately resume processing? We had an RFE for vaccs on our 485 and it's been holding up our 131.

Thanks,
Stephen
Old Nov 4th 2005, 2:45 am
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RFE Satisfaction

Originally Posted by spolizzi
How long does it usually take from the day our additional evidence is received by USCIS to get it posted to our case?

Will we see an update online about this?

What usually then happens with a case that had an RFE on it? Does it immediately resume processing? We had an RFE for vaccs on our 485 and it's been holding up our 131.

Thanks,
Stephen
Took about 2 weeks from me sending the information, to them acknowledging it. It will be updated online, and if you've registered for email updates you will get the following email:

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: MSC*******242

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On September 21, 2005, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 120 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
Old Nov 4th 2005, 3:36 am
Forum Regular

spolizzi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RFE Satisfaction

Thanks for your input NJ. By your approximate timeline, we could be 5 weeks away from an approval *sigh*. I'm hoping for sooner...got an infopass appt for this Tuesday too. Not sure what to ask or what I'll do there, but I've got to try anything I can for my wife's sake. Thanks again.

Stephen