Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

rfe-nsc- divorce decree

Wikiposts

rfe-nsc- divorce decree

Old Nov 10th 2003, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

monica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nice
Default rfe-nsc- divorce decree

We finally got the letter for RFE. The absolute divorce decree from UK is not accepted in the US! I went to the court and got a cerified copy of it and sent it! The court couldn't give me anything else! I don't know if that's what they want! I'll just have to wait and see!
Old Nov 10th 2003, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of
Default Re: rfe-nsc- divorce decree

Originally posted by monica&ed
We finally got the letter for RFE. The absolute divorce decree from UK is not accepted in the US! I went to the court and got a cerified copy of it and sent it! The court couldn't give me anything else! I don't know if that's what they want! I'll just have to wait and see!
Good luck, I really hope they'll accept it this time.

I can't understand it though, I am from the UK too and my divorce decree was accepted no probs by Vermont.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you
Old Nov 11th 2003, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

Dad of 3 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you have a national vital statistics office that registers all divorce decress...get an offical certified copy from that office and maybe that will do the trick????
Old Nov 11th 2003, 7:50 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by monica&ed
Hi:

Go to http://travel.state.gov and go to the "visa reciprocity tables" link in the lower right hand corner [I have to scroll down on my ThinkPad]. Drill down for Great Britain and you will find what they need.

DHS is REQUIRED to rely on what State says is good documents.

It depends upon where you got the divorce -- England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.

They DO accept the Decree Absolute but they want it from the Centralized registers, but will accept the local ones if the central registry doesn't have it for some reason.

Read the State Department information. If your decree matches it, then respond to the RFE with a statement that it does and provide a copy of the web page.