British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   Rete and Scarlett (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/rete-scarlett-103946/)

katesuiter Oct 20th 2002 7:27 pm

Rete and Scarlett

Hi, folks!!
Thanks for the info. Scarlett, I am a total dipstick. You're right, I have already filled out and sent off Packet 3. They opened the file in London for me with this. I read posts from people mentioning this set of forms, but no-one was too clear about what was in it. Phew!!! London told me last week they'd done it for me, so that's sorted.
I sent them an email about my planned date of travel, (10th Dec), and I wasn't too emphatic about the parent/apartment issue, though I did mention they were moving out. I focused more on our wedding plans, and told them that we wanted to get married in early Jan, but we wanted to settle in together for a few weeks before. I'm hoping this will do the trick and trigger them to make an interview date once we're approved.

You'll never guess what my fiance did earlier, the git!!! I bought a matching set of rings for us the last time I was with him, until he got the "official" ring. I wasn't expecting it just yet, but we've just been on msn, and he started playing with a little box. (We have web cams.) I asked what it was, coz my picture's none too good, and he held it up to the cam long enough for me to see that it was the ring he'd bought for me. Then he said, "You're not to mention it again til you get here!!!" I was like, "Oh, come on!!!!! You can't do that to a girl!!!" It was probably one of the most romantic moments of my life, and I started bawling!!!!!

Anyway, just thought I'd let you know that I seem to be following the instructions for all this ok, and it's 32 days so far. Judging by people's timescales through Texas, (fingers crossed) it shouldn't be much longer with them.

All your help is much appreciated, and keep the advice comin!! I can never have too much info!

Luv Kate. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Patrick Oct 20th 2002 7:49 pm

Re: Rete and Scarlett

Originally posted by katesuiter:
Hi, folks!!
Thanks for the info. Scarlett, I am a total dipstick. You're right, I have already filled out and sent off Packet 3. They opened the file in London for me with this. I read posts from people mentioning this set of forms, but no-one was too clear about what was in it. Phew!!! London told me last week they'd done it for me, so that's sorted.
I sent them an email about my planned date of travel, (10th Dec), and I wasn't too emphatic about the parent/apartment issue, though I did mention they were moving out. I focused more on our wedding plans, and told them that we wanted to get married in early Jan, but we wanted to settle in together for a few weeks before. I'm hoping this will do the trick and trigger them to make an interview date once we're approved.

You'll never guess what my fiance did earlier, the git!!! I bought a matching set of rings for us the last time I was with him, until he got the "official" ring. I wasn't expecting it just yet, but we've just been on msn, and he started playing with a little box. (We have web cams.) I asked what it was, coz my picture's none too good, and he held it up to the cam long enough for me to see that it was the ring he'd bought for me. Then he said, "You're not to mention it again til you get here!!!" I was like, "Oh, come on!!!!! You can't do that to a girl!!!" It was probably one of the most romantic moments of my life, and I started bawling!!!!!

Anyway, just thought I'd let you know that I seem to be following the instructions for all this ok, and it's 32 days so far. Judging by people's timescales through Texas, (fingers crossed) it shouldn't be much longer with them.

All your help is much appreciated, and keep the advice comin!! I can never have too much info!

Luv Kate. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Keep us all informed Kate,

Good Luck

Patrick