Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Rete....Please respond..I am at my wits end

Wikiposts

Rete....Please respond..I am at my wits end

Old May 4th 2002, 2:10 pm
Synchro1212

Default Rete....Please respond..I am at my wits end

Rete, I know you have responded to my email on this subject already about the torn
envelope, my question is, I was on the google.com sight. Awhile back there was a
person who left there envelope on the table at home and their mum opened it by
accident. I guess thought it was mail...Anyway, you gave some advice...Did you ever
hear the end result and what they did?

Thanks Holly

I am a wreck about this. We only have 4 more days until he flys out and the Embassy
in England is closed. I dont even know if they would give him another envelope, and
if they do, who knows what he may have to go through to get it. He said he has not
touched it since. He just put it in another envelope to protect it. I am about to
lose it. We have been waiting a long time as others have for this day. I would be
sick if he got sent back to England...What do you think?

Old May 4th 2002, 11:40 pm
Jb

Default Re: Rete....Please respond..I am at my wits end

Synchro1212 wrote:
    >
    > Rete, I know you have responded to my email on this subject already about the torn
    > envelope, my question is, I was on the google.com sight. Awhile back there was a
    > person who left there envelope on the table at home and their mum opened it by
    > accident. I guess thought it was mail...Anyway, you gave some advice...Did you ever
    > hear the end result and what they did?
    >
    > Thanks Holly
    >
    > I am a wreck about this. We only have 4 more days until he flys out and the Embassy
    > in England is closed. I dont even know if they would give him another envelope, and
    > if they do, who knows what he may have to go through to get it. He said he has not
    > touched it since. He just put it in another envelope to protect it. I am about to
    > lose it. We have been waiting a long time as others have for this day. I would be
    > sick if he got sent back to England...What do you think?

As many others said just leave the envelope alone. I wouldn't try to repair it myself
as this might make someone at the POE suspicious. The tear isn't that large, don't
worry about it. If your fiancee is asked about it tell him to just tell the truth.
Perhaps it would be a good idea to place the envelope in another bag or large
envelope now so it is not damaged further.

Old May 5th 2002, 12:11 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Holly

That person had to return to the US Consulate and have the contents repackaged. Remember that envelope was opened entirely and the contents gone through.

In your case the envelope is torn and torn only a little bit. As long as there is no way that he could have removed documents from the envelope, I'm sure he will be fine.

Rete
Old May 5th 2002, 1:10 am
Synchro1212

thanks again Rete. I guess I will just wait and see what happens. lots of prayers,
and faith going into this one.....

Holly

Old May 5th 2002, 5:10 am
Betastar

Holly,

I know it's easy to get caught up in these worries and fears when something as
important as your future is at stake. But please, take to heart what everyone here is
saying - nobody thinks it'll be a problem. And honestly, no matter how often you post
and ask, the answer will be the same.

Tell him to put the original envelope in another envelope and pack it into his
carry-on carefully so the tear doesn't get bigger. And then stop worrying and instead
look forward to being in his arms again.

It will not be a problem. It will not be a problem. It will not be a problem.

Old May 5th 2002, 5:10 am
Alvena Ferreira

Betastar wrote:
    >
    > Tell him to put the original envelope in another envelope and pack it into his
    > carry-on carefully so the tear doesn't get bigger. And then stop worrying and
    > instead look forward to being in his arms again.
    >
    > It will not be a problem. It will not be a problem. It will not be a problem.

I agree totally. Just put it into a new and larger envelope and all should be well. I
cannot imagine that they would get hairlipped over this, frankly. Alvena

Doc Steen Site: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
=========================================
I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal opinion,
gleaned from the previous postings of others, and posted for the purpose of
discussion only. If your case is complicated, then you may need an immigration
attorney. Locate an immigration attorney in your area at: http://www.aila.org
=========================================