Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Rete - Can you look at this and answer my questions please.

Rete - Can you look at this and answer my questions please.

Old Aug 25th 2002, 5:39 am
Jeb

Default Rete - Can you look at this and answer my questions please.

Rete,

I have just read the post on the NG by sly_950 on 8/21 that you responded to. I have
a question, I am just fuming mad about this whole thing.

His time line shows that he filed on 6/30, conf receipt received 7/16 and EAD
appointment letter rec'd for 8/30, then he goes down to the INS and they issue it on
the spot.???

Ok here is my question I filed 6/19, conf receipt date 7/8, I have not yet received
EAD appointment letter, went to visit the office in Charlotte to try to expedite the
process and was sent away. In my letter that was received with my receipt
confirmation it clearly states that the case will be placed and worked in
chronological order by the filing date for processing, now can you tell me when the
date I filed (according to the date on my receipt (7/08/02) this is the date the INS
told me they go by for filing) is a week prior to the date that sly is reporting how
he has his already and I sit here with my finger up my ass???? God this whole crap is
just so fringing maddening, and unfair, all I want is my lousy EAD so that I can at
least try to get a job.

Sorry for venting on you, I am just real upset.

Any suggestions or advice?

Jewel

Old Aug 25th 2002, 6:28 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rete - Can you look at this and answer my questions please.

Vent away. With the week I've just finshed what's a little one more ... I was told Friday that the firm is closing the NY operations and I am jobless in three weeks. Oh well ... shit happens.

As for you, your date is the date of the receipt July 8th. The difference between you and sly is that sly had an appointment letter for the EAD already when he went in. I suggested he do that earlier than the EAD appointment date because he was going to be out of state on that date and it was worth a shot to try for it earlier. It worked.

In your case, you went down without an appointment date and before the 90 days was up. They do not have to give you an EAD card because they have not exceeded the 90 days wait period. They could have been courteous and issued the EAD when you went it but they were under no obligation to do so.

As for the order of things, this is just my understanding of how it works. When the petitions arrive in the mail room or through walk in they are placed in a chronologically order pile. They are then sorted and given to various workers. The workers in turn schedule appointments according to the chronological pile they are working on. So worker A might be working on June 30 and worker B working on July 18. That now makes it appear that the chronological sequence is broken. That would only hold true if the work was done from ONE pile only and not several piles distributed to various workers in that one department. Into that you have to figure which worder has been on vacation, out sick, or just a plain slow worker and who is the one that works quickly.

Whereas I understand fully your frustration as we have been there ourselves with our processing in NYC, for example Chris and Heidi filed a week before us and another couple filed a month after us, C&H had their AOS interview in February, the second couple had their interview in March and we had our interview in June, there are many variables to the scheduling processing.

Rete
Old Aug 25th 2002, 7:20 pm
Des

Hi Rete,

I am so sorry to hear about your job!!! What a way to finish the week!!! Good luck
jobhunting - ever thought about working for an immigration law firm?

Best of luck, Des

> Vent away. With the week I've just finshed what's a little one more ... I was told
    > Friday that the firm is closing the NY operations and I am jobless in three weeks.
    > Oh well ... shit happens.

Old Aug 26th 2002, 3:34 am
Jeb

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    > Vent away. With the week I've just finshed what's a little one more ... I was told
    > Friday that the firm is closing the NY operations and I am jobless in three weeks.
    > As for you, your date is the date of the receipt July 8th. The difference between
    > you and sly is that sly had an appointment letter for the EAD already when he went
    > in. I suggested he do that earlier than the EAD appointment date because he was
    > going to be out of state on that date and it was worth a shot to try for it
    > earlier. It worked.
    > In your case, you went down without an appointment date and before the 90 days was
    > up. They do not have to give you an EAD card because they have not exceeded the 90
    > days wait period. They could have been courteous and issued the EAD when you went
    > it but they were under no obligation to do so.
    > As for the order of things, this is just my understanding of how it works. When
    > the petitions arrive in the mail room or through walk in they are placed in a
    > chronologically order pile. They are then sorted and given to various workers.
    > The workers in turn schedule appointments according to the chronological pile they
    > are working on. So worker A might be working on June 30 and worker B working on
    > July 18. That now makes it appear that the chronological sequence is broken. That
    > would only hold true if the work was done from ONE pile only and not several piles
    > distributed to various workers in that one department. Into that you have to
    > figure which worder has been on vacation, out sick, or just a plain slow worker and
    > who is the one that works quickly.
    > Whereas I understand fully your frustration as we have been there ourselves with
    > our processing in NYC, for example Chris and Heidi filed a week before us and
    > another couple filed a month after us, C&H had their AOS interview in February, the
    > second couple had their interview in March and we had our interview in June, there
    > are many variables to the scheduling processing.
    > Rete
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
Hi Rete,

Thank you so much for reading my vent. I am so sorry to hear about your unfortunate
circumstances, some days ya gotta wonder about life in general don't you? I send my
best to you in hopes that you get a new and better job real quick.

Kinda figures that I would get the slow one processing for me isn't it, well I am
tempted to make another trip into Charlotte and vent on them, but I will see what the
week brings for mail, and maybe my EAD letter will arrive this week.

Thanks again, and good luck to you ))) Jewel

Old Aug 26th 2002, 3:41 am
Jeb

Hi Rete,

Thanks for your explanation, makes sense I guess, I still am choked though. ))

So sorry to hear of your job loss. I agree with Des, you should go work for an INS
lawyer, or better yet the INS, maybe you could straighten them all out ))).

> As for you, your date is the date of the receipt July 8th. The difference between
    > you and sly is that sly had an appointment letter for the EAD already when he went
    > in. I suggested he do that earlier than the EAD appointment date because he was
    > going to be out of state on that date and it was worth a shot to try for it
    > earlier. It worked.
    > In your case, you went down without an appointment date and before the 90 days was
    > up. They do not have to give you an EAD card because they have not exceeded the 90
    > days wait period. They could have been courteous and issued the EAD when you went
    > it but they were under no obligation to do so.
    > As for the order of things, this is just my understanding of how it works. When
    > the petitions arrive in the mail room or through walk in they are placed in a
    > chronologically order pile. They are then sorted and given to various workers.
    > The workers in turn schedule appointments according to the chronological pile they
    > are working on. So worker A might be working on June 30 and worker B working on
    > July 18. That now makes it appear that the chronological sequence is broken. That
    > would only hold true if the work was done from ONE pile only and not several piles
    > distributed to various workers in that one department. Into that you have to
    > figure which worder has been on vacation, out sick, or just a plain slow worker and
    > who is the one that works quickly.
    > Whereas I understand fully your frustration as we have been there ourselves with
    > our processing in NYC, for example Chris and Heidi filed a week before us and
    > another couple filed a month after us, C&H had their AOS interview in February, the
    > second couple had their interview in March and we had our interview in June, there
    > are many variables to the scheduling processing.
    > Rete
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com