Rete

Old Aug 30th 2002, 4:03 pm
LeightonJ

Default Rete

This message is for Rete....

First of all, you have it wrong again. May I ask....are you an immigration lawyer? NO I thought not...because if you were, you would a.) NOT be so judgemental and b.) you WOULD be more informed. NO, my husband HASNT been found out by the INS. He is still a secret if you will. Also, Mr Rete, 245i has not yet been voted on! It was not denied. And, yes, I write for my husband, because unfortunately, even though he has perfectly eloquent english speech, his writing isnt that of a college English professor? Wait....why don't you judge him like some little schoolyard bully you seem to be. Please be more informed, at least when responding to me OR my husband. Thanks
oh.....and, we do have a lawyer, and may I add...he has represented such people as the Russian vice president, so I know where I am getting my info on 245i....if you would like more info on it, just let me know!
-Emily

Old Aug 30th 2002, 5:29 pm
Evan Audette

Default Re: Rete

I don't normally stick my nose into other people's business, but this grabbed my
attention.

Why take a stab at Rete? She did nothing wrong but lay the facts out on the table
for you both. Remember, you came willingly to the newsgroup for information, nobody
forced you drop by. Nobody ever told you to take everyone's word as gospel. Nobody
is judging you, they're taking thier experiences and knowledge and creating a
possible scenario for the both of you, possible outcomes. Doesn't mean you wont get
through this, and also doesn't mean you will. If you like the word of your lawyer so
much, and trust his/her judgement more, than why bother asking more from the
newsgroup? No, I'm not judging you, I just think you're overreacting towards Rete a
bad. She's not a bully. She may be the "Queen Mother of Nag" in this group, but
that's it ;-) That's my $0.02

BTW, it's Mrs. Rete :-P

-Ev

Old Aug 30th 2002, 9:11 pm
Grinch

"LeightonJ" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

and, we do have a lawyer, and may I add...he has represented such
    > people as the Russian vice president,

Why then may I ask are you asking this rag tag bunch of people anything. Surely your
eminent lawyer can meet all your needs.

Grinch

Old Aug 30th 2002, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

gardencity is an unknown quantity at this point

Emily

You are _way way way off the line_ here. As a newbie Newsgroupie here, even I think I have the right of my opionion on your 'dig' at 'poor' Rete. Who else are you going to take pot shots at next?

Remember that this is a voluntary NG, with members, most of whom with INS experience to boot, who offer their precious time tediously day-in-day-out to reach out and help those who needed the only/additional advice they can get here. After all, nOt all who are here can afford a lawyer. Not all who are here want to pay for a lawyer consultation.

Any and all advice or informed sharing are meant for informational and additional reference only. The ONUS still lies on the 'seeker' to compile, compare and research further. The final route or decision to be taken is entirely the decision of the 'seeker and his/her spouse/fiance'. Note too that rules and regulations are not static. They change.

Do remember that and stop 'yelling unappreciately yet rudely' at kind and helpful efforts of people, like Rete.

Btw, if you say your 'lawyer is so great and so good', what are you doing here on this NG, getting 'help' from this NG?

I think you SHOULD be the one to BE MORE INFORMED! If no apology is forthcoming from you towards Rete, I think you should stop 'abusing this NG' and 'the helpful people' who help sustain it.

The above is IMHO!!! If you cannot digest it, TOUCHE!!!

Originally posted by LeightonJ:
This message is for Rete....

First of all, you have it wrong again. May I ask....are you an immigration lawyer? NO I thought not...because if you were, you would a.) NOT be so judgemental and b.) you WOULD be more informed. NO, my husband HASNT been found out by the INS. He is still a secret if you will. Also, Mr Rete, 245i has not yet been voted on! It was not denied. And, yes, I write for my husband, because unfortunately, even though he has perfectly eloquent english speech, his writing isnt that of a college English professor? Wait....why don't you judge him like some little schoolyard bully you seem to be. Please be more informed, at least when responding to me OR my husband. Thanks
oh.....and, we do have a lawyer, and may I add...he has represented such people as the Russian vice president, so I know where I am getting my info on 245i....if you would like more info on it, just let me know!
-Emily
Old Aug 30th 2002, 11:32 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I humbly apologize for getting the facts incorrect. Jerome is not in deportation proceedings but afraid of being if caught. The remainder of the facts are correct. He is 19, he is from Brooklyn, as he says "i gat my high school diploma,certificate to do us income taxes.", is married to a USC

As for the use of his ID by both him and his wife is quite evident. The writing style is totally different. Emily uses proper English, spelling, sentence construction whereas Jerome writes like the above sample from one of his posts on one of the other visa ng.
Old Aug 31st 2002, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

gardencity is an unknown quantity at this point

Well...

Spirit of MAGNUS ANIMUS personified.

"Life is a long lesson in humility." (by James M. Barrie)

Indeed!
Old Aug 31st 2002, 1:39 am
Mrtravel

LeightonJ wrote:
    > This message is for Rete....
    > First of all, you have it wrong again. May I ask....are you an immigration lawyer?
    > NO I thought not...because if you were, you would
    > a.) NOT be so judgemental

BULL

and b.) you WOULD be more informed. NO, my
    > husband HASNT been found out by the INS. He is still a secret if you will.

That is odd. I am confused. Are you and your husband posting with the same name.
According to a recent post from your email address, it says $1000 was paid for the
illegal entry based on LIFE, even though nothing you have stated shows him to be LIFE
qualified. If you paid $1000 for him making illegal entry, how would it still be a
secret from INS?

Also, Mr Rete, 245i has not yet been voted on! It was not denied.
    > And, yes, I write for my husband, because unfortunately, even though he has
    > perfectly eloquent english speech, his writing isnt that of a college English
    > professor? Wait....why don't you judge him like some little schoolyard bully you
    > seem to be. Please be more informed, at least when responding to me OR my husband.

Must everything be sugar coated for you? Or do you want facts. If you spent $5000 for
an attorney and you don't want people to be judgemental, why post here. People
posting to newsgroups ARE judgemental. Your husband entered illegally. Granted, it
wasn't his fault, but the chances of him staying are not that great.

Thanks
    > oh.....and, we do have a lawyer, and may I add...he has represented such people as
    > the Russian vice president,

What does representing a Russian vice president have to do with getting residency for
someone entering the US illegally? Has he EVER represented someone who entered the US
illegally?

Old Aug 31st 2002, 1:42 am
Mrtravel

Grinch wrote:
    > "LeightonJ" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > and, we do have a lawyer, and may I add...he has represented such
    > > people as the Russian vice president,
    > Why then may I ask are you asking this rag tag bunch of people anything. Surely
    > your eminent lawyer can meet all your needs.
    > Grinch

I was wondering if the Russian VP entered illegally and was attempting to gain
residency. I haven't seen any news reports of this.

Old Aug 31st 2002, 4:04 am
LeightonJ

Originally posted by Evan Audette:
I don't normally stick my nose into other people's business, but this grabbed my
attention.

Why take a stab at Rete? She did nothing wrong but lay the facts out on the table
for you both. Remember, you came willingly to the newsgroup for information, nobody
forced you drop by. Nobody ever told you to take everyone's word as gospel. Nobody
is judging you, they're taking thier experiences and knowledge and creating a
possible scenario for the both of you, possible outcomes. Doesn't mean you wont get
through this, and also doesn't mean you will. If you like the word of your lawyer so
much, and trust his/her judgement more, than why bother asking more from the
newsgroup? No, I'm not judging you, I just think you're overreacting towards Rete a
bad. She's not a bully. She may be the "Queen Mother of Nag" in this group, but
that's it ;-) That's my $0.02

BTW, it's Mrs. Rete :-P

-Ev

The
The reason why I got so defensive is because
Rete has judged my husband since the first day we posted here. I do not need or ask for judgemental responses. I do appreciate everyones responses and input...even if it is something that I don't agree with. That is the point of a forum. I want to hear others opinions on the subject of my husband, but Rete is constantly tellinig me that 245i is not coming up on a vote in senate. Well, the information is right on the web. I also don't like how she made the assumption that because I write for my husband that it is "obvious", as if to call my husband illiterate, that all. ALOT (not all, but ALOT)of immigrants or people of other ethnic cultures who have moved to America later than someonoe who was born here is going to write a little bit different....after all, isnt this an immigration board? lol

Old Aug 31st 2002, 4:13 am
LeightonJ

Originally posted by Mrtravel:
LeightonJ wrote:
    > This message is for Rete....
    > First of all, you have it wrong again. May I ask....are you an immigration lawyer?
    > NO I thought not...because if you were, you would
    > a.) NOT be so judgemental

BULL

Well whatever, im not going to argue.

and b.) you WOULD be more informed. NO, my
    > husband HASNT been found out by the INS. He is still a secret if you will.

That is odd. I am confused. Are you and your husband posting with the same name.
According to a recent post from your email address, it says $1000 was paid for the
illegal entry based on LIFE, even though nothing you have stated shows him to be LIFE
qualified. If you paid $1000 for him making illegal entry, how would it still be a
secret from INS?

We paid our LAWYER the 1,000 dollars, not the INS...we simply gave it to our lawyer to hold in an account for us...

Also, Mr Rete, 245i has not yet been voted on! It was not denied.
    > And, yes, I write for my husband, because unfortunately, even though he has
    > perfectly eloquent english speech, his writing isnt that of a college English
    > professor? Wait....why don't you judge him like some little schoolyard bully you
    > seem to be. Please be more informed, at least when responding to me OR my husband.

Must everything be sugar coated for you? Or do you want facts. If you spent $5000 for
an attorney and you don't want people to be judgemental, why post here. I dont mind judgemental people. There is a difference, however between stating your opinion, and pushing your opinions on someone. People
posting to newsgroups ARE judgemental. Your husband entered illegally. Granted, it
wasn't his fault, but the chances of him staying are not that great.

Ok, listen....actually, they are alot higher than those of people coming into the country and overstaying their visas for 2 or 3 years. Common sense says that you have better judgement at 30 years old compared to 3 years old. I post my husbands story to seek responses from either people who have been in his situation or from people who have some posiitive light to shed on the situation, because it is very difficult dealing with this day in and day out.

Thanks
    > oh.....and, we do have a lawyer, and may I add...he has represented such people as
    > the Russian vice president,

What does representing a Russian vice president have to do with getting residency for
someone entering the US illegally? Has he EVER represented someone who entered the US
illegally?
I would hope that he has if he is an experienced immigration lawyer. He has in fact, and the options he gave us are those which he has used with other clients. I, for one, though, think they are just a little bit too risky right now lol

Old Aug 31st 2002, 4:16 am
LeightonJ

Originally posted by Mrtravel:
Grinch wrote:
    > "LeightonJ" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > and, we do have a lawyer, and may I add...he has represented such
    > > people as the Russian vice president,
    > Why then may I ask are you asking this rag tag bunch of people anything. Surely
    > your eminent lawyer can meet all your needs.
    > Grinch

I was wondering if the Russian VP entered illegally and was attempting to gain
residency. I haven't seen any news reports of this.
No, the Russian VP didnt enter illegelly, our lawyer assisted getting him his visa

Old Aug 31st 2002, 4:23 am
LeightonJ

Originally posted by Rete:
I humbly apologize for getting the facts incorrect. Jerome is not in deportation proceedings but afraid of being if caught. The remainder of the facts are correct. He is 19, he is from Brooklyn, as he says "i gat my high school diploma,certificate to do us income taxes.", is married to a USC

As for the use of his ID by both him and his wife is quite evident. The writing style is totally different. Emily uses proper English, spelling, sentence construction whereas Jerome writes like the above sample from one of his posts on one of the other visa ng.
"Emily uses proper English, spelling, sentence construction whereas Jerome writes like the above sample from one of his posts on one of the other visa ng.'' PRIME example of a judgemental person!!! Ahhhh what would the world be without them? Jerome's mother wasn't there for him as much as she could have been . He basically raised himself. He did WHAT he could wiith what he had. And, he is the best husband a woman could ask for, so, go ahead and keep copying and pasting your stupid little clips of his previous postings. Have a good laugh, why don't you...but YOU are the immature SCHOOLyard bully type I always wanted to give a piece of my mind to!

Old Aug 31st 2002, 4:29 am
LeightonJ

Originally posted by gardencity:
Emily

You are _way way way off the line_ here. As a newbie Newsgroupie here, even I think I have the right of my opionion on your 'dig' at 'poor' Rete. Who else are you going to take pot shots at next?

Remember that this is a voluntary NG, with members, most of whom with INS experience to boot, who offer their precious time tediously day-in-day-out to reach out and help those who needed the only/additional advice they can get here. After all, nOt all who are here can afford a lawyer. Not all who are here want to pay for a lawyer consultation.

Any and all advice or informed sharing are meant for informational and additional reference only. The ONUS still lies on the 'seeker' to compile, compare and research further. The final route or decision to be taken is entirely the decision of the 'seeker and his/her spouse/fiance'. Note too that rules and regulations are not static. They change.

Do remember that and stop 'yelling unappreciately yet rudely' at kind and helpful efforts of people, like Rete.

Btw, if you say your 'lawyer is so great and so good', what are you doing here on this NG, getting 'help' from this NG?

I think you SHOULD be the one to BE MORE INFORMED! If no apology is forthcoming from you towards Rete, I think you should stop 'abusing this NG' and 'the helpful people' who help sustain it.

The above is IMHO!!! If you cannot digest it, TOUCHE!!!

I DO not mind people giving their opinions. THAT is why I am here. I just don't like how Rete constantly picks apart my husband like he is less of a human being because he isn't as "proper" as her, or myself. Not all immigrants can write as well and it bothered me...thats all. As far as our lawyer... I do trust his opinions greatly but as alot of us know, with immigration, it is a waiting game...and while my husband and I are waiting, it doesnt hurt getting others opinions.

Old Aug 31st 2002, 4:32 am
LeightonJ

Originally posted by Grinch:
"LeightonJ" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

and, we do have a lawyer, and may I add...he has represented such
    > people as the Russian vice president,

Why then may I ask are you asking this rag tag bunch of people anything. Surely your
eminent lawyer can meet all your needs.

Grinch

Grinch,
Im asking peoples opinions on immigration, i am NOT asking people to critique the way my husband spells, or uses punctuation.

Old Aug 31st 2002, 4:53 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by LeightonJ:
The reason why I got so defensive is because
Rete has judged my husband since the first day we posted here.
I've read through the old posts, and I've found nothing that Rete has said to be inflammatory or insulting. At worst, her comments may sound a bit harsh if they are of an opinion which one does not want to hear -- which apparently they were.

I also don't like how she made the assumption that because I write for my husband that it is "obvious", as if to call my husband illiterate, that all.
As I've just said, I did read your posts by doing a search under your username. And it *IS* obvious who is writing. I would be shocked if ANYONE thought the following two paragraphs were written by the same person:

"hay all my name is jerome
i have been sneak in side of the country by my mother when i was three years old and now i am 19.i am married to a us citizen,and i have a lawyer paid in full and he said there is not nothing he cant really do for me because i am illegal."

"My name is Jerome, and I was born in Jamaica in 1983. In 1986, when I was 3, my mother got fed up with the violence and her life in Jamaica, and took a plane to Canada. When in Canada, my mother paid her American friend to sneak me across the Canadian-american border."

I think Rete's point was to clarify that, since you wrote using the first person tense (i.e., "If I am an illegal alien, but I was snuck across the border when i was a baby..."), responses were not going to your husband, but rather to YOU. Why did you pose as your husband, instead of just saying, "My husband is an illegal alien, snuck across the border when he was a baby..." etc.? It just seems a bit misleading, that's all.

ALOT (not all, but ALOT)of immigrants or people of other ethnic cultures who have moved to America later than someonoe who was born here is going to write a little bit different....after all, isnt this an immigration board? lol
If your husband was Chinese or Bolivian, then I could understand. But your husband is from Jamaica -- an English-speaking country -- and has lived here as an American for 16 years, since he first learned to talk. He graduated from an American high school, so I don't understand how this even applies to him.

FWIW, I empathize with your situation, and find it difficult to understand how minor children can be punished for the actions of their parents. I hope that you both find a resolution to your problem. Good luck.

~ Jenney

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.