Response from San Francisco BCIS

Wikiposts

Response from San Francisco BCIS

Old Apr 17th 2003, 10:30 am
Just Joined

jtdig is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Response from San Francisco BCIS

Hello,

We received a response from the San Francisco BCIS yesterday - I can pick my EAD and AP up next Thursday, and I go for fingerprinting April 25th. Here is our time line:

March 13th: BCIS receives I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131 packet according to certified mail receipt.

April 17th: receive letter for fingerprinting, and EAD and AP pickup.

We didn't include the WR-702 form in the packet, but that didn't seem to matter. Also, we paid by check.

Hope this is useful to some people - it was very helpful following the time lines of people who are dealing with the San Francisco BCIS in this forum.

Cheers,

Jane
It has been very useful fo
Old Apr 17th 2003, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

gardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nice
Default Re: Response from San Francisco BCIS

Jane,

My wife's I-485 and I-765 was mailed on March 7, and her fingerprinting and EAD pickup letter was received on April 11, so our timeline matches yours.

Did you mean to say that you paid by personal check, or cashier's check? The instructions for submitting payment to the SF BCIS office state that ONLY cashier's checks and money orders are accepted. Either you got lucky or you need to clarify your payment method, otherwise others may send in a personal check to the SF BCIS based on your post, and have their application rejected. Each regional office has different payment procedures.

Gardener
Old Apr 17th 2003, 10:53 am
Just Joined

jtdig is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

We paid by personal check - we were a bit worried that they would send the application back to us because of this, but I guess we got lucky. I'd recommend that people follow the offical instructions though, and not send personal checks !

Cheers,

Jane
Old Apr 17th 2003, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all

Hi,

This is Kat's English husband Chris. According to the BCIS District office of San Francisco, please read as follows:

"While this office accepts cash, we cannot make change. Fees can also be paid by cashier's check, traveler's check in the exact amount, money order or personal check . If not paying by cash, you must present a passport or other government-issued photo identification (for example, a driver's license or California identification card). If paying by personal check, please be sure the following information is on the check: applicant's A-number and the check writer's Social Security number, driver's license number, current address, and phone number. A charge of $30 will be imposed if a check in payment of a fee is not honored by the bank on which it is drawn".

Our personal checks were cashed Monday gone and we are awaiting our appointment letters.

Cheers

Chris and Kat
Old Apr 17th 2003, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

gardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nice

Chris and Kat,

What you are quoting is only valid for walk in applications. The I-485 MUST be mailed in for the SF BCIS office, and payments via mailing MUST be by casheir's check or money order.

Gardener

////////////////////////

Originally posted by katnap8
Hi,

This is Kat's English husband Chris. According to the BCIS District office of San Francisco, please read as follows:

"While this office accepts cash, we cannot make change. Fees can also be paid by cashier's check, traveler's check in the exact amount, money order or personal check . If not paying by cash, you must present a passport or other government-issued photo identification (for example, a driver's license or California identification card). If paying by personal check, please be sure the following information is on the check: applicant's A-number and the check writer's Social Security number, driver's license number, current address, and phone number. A charge of $30 will be imposed if a check in payment of a fee is not honored by the bank on which it is drawn".

Our personal checks were cashed Monday gone and we are awaiting our appointment letters.

Cheers

Chris and Kat
Old Apr 17th 2003, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

Chris and Kat,

I found the following just now on the SF BCIS website that should clarify what I just posted:

"Paying Fees:

While this office accepts cash, we cannot make change. Fees also can be paid by cashier's check, traveler's check if in the exact amount, money order, or personal check. Click here for more information on the payment of immigration fees after March 1, 2003."

When you "click here", this is what pops up:

"Paying Immigration-Related Fees After March 1, 2003

Please note that this Office accepts personal checks only for those applications that are filed in person. However, we prefer cashiers checks or money orders as forms of payment.

On March 1, 2003, the INS became a part of the Department of Homeland Security. INS immigration fees for immigration services and benefits previously payable to the "Immigration and Naturalization Service" should no longer be made out to INS. They should now be made payable to the "Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services." "

I hope this clears up this issue once and for all.
Gardener