Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Response from Congressman today

Wikiposts

Response from Congressman today

Old Feb 22nd 2004, 2:14 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Response from Congressman today

Originally posted by sdmansour

Actually, with my prior first hand experience with Morocco, this does not surprise me at all. Brothers and fathers get much more attention than sisters and mothers. It reveals to me that a Moroccan is responsible for processing your case at the moment. Couple that with your brother being the USC and making the inquiry and it is clear why he got the response and you didn't. Maybe you should consider using him as your advocate in the consulate, especially since he is able to get results.

Debbie

Truthfully, I don't think there is any possibility of that. It is in the hands of the U.S. Government. Period. The Moroccan government has no say whatsoever. If you think about it, they would probably be more than happy to grant one of their native sons with the visa (after the appropriate bribes had been paid. )
Old Feb 22nd 2004, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

sdmansour will become famous soon enoughsdmansour will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Leslie66
The Moroccan government has no say whatsoever. If you think about it, they would probably be more than happy to grant one of their native sons with the visa (after the appropriate bribes had been paid. )

You are correct in that this has nothing to do with the Moroccan govt. And you are right on the money with the bribe issue - it's a sickening practice but comes in handy as heck when needed ;-) My point in my post was that there are many Moroccans working in the consulate (they are USC) and the chances are very good that one of them is processing Alicia & Driss's case, especially when she is being ignored and she is the petitioner!

Debbie
Old Feb 22nd 2004, 2:28 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sdmansour
You are correct in that this has nothing to do with the Moroccan govt. And you are right on the money with the bribe issue - it's a sickening practice but comes in handy as heck when needed ;-) My point in my post was that there are many Moroccans working in the consulate (they are USC) and the chances are very good that one of them is processing Alicia & Driss's case, especially when she is being ignored and she is the petitioner!

Debbie
True. The sexism is rampant.