Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Response from Congressman today

Wikiposts

Response from Congressman today

Old Feb 19th 2004, 9:43 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Response from Congressman today

Originally posted by Khadija
Well, let's see. It would see a small, boutique hotel would do nicely. Affordable yet tasteful in a city somewhat halfway for most (Rene I think you'll have the farthest to come) say D.C. or Delaware (I'm thinking the Brandywine area) or in PA near King of Prussia. Arrive on a Thursday and depart Sunday after brunch. Friday could be joint activity day and Saturday the girls could go shopping and the guys could do what guys do. Sat. night would be like one big quintuple date night.

Any other ideas?

P.
Yes, somewhere more mid-west so I don't have to go so far....LOL
Old Feb 19th 2004, 9:45 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Noorah101
Yes, somewhere more mid-west so I don't have to go so far....LOL
Actually, I'm cooking up a scheme like you wouldn't believe!! I'll work on this a little more before I unveil my masterpiece.

Where's Heba? I miss her. I didn't like to hear she's getting depressed.
Old Feb 19th 2004, 9:48 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Leslie66
Actually, I'm cooking up a scheme like you wouldn't believe!! I'll work on this a little more before I unveil my masterpiece.

Just make sure all of our SO's are here by then!! And that we don't have any AOS dates during that time!

I hope Heba's OK, too
Old Feb 19th 2004, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Khadija is an unknown quantity at this point

Leave it Leslie! OK we'll wait!

Not sure about Heba. She's been in and out. I think the wait at the NVC is getting to her. Like me, we're in the dark as to when our next trips to Cairo will be as we're waiting on others to decide our fate. For her it's getting the NVC to send the paperwork to Cairo so they can schedule the interview and for me it's waiting for the Consulate to issue the visa so I can fly there to bring Abdo home. Very maddening to Type A personalities who are used to organizing everything!

P

Originally posted by Leslie66

Old Feb 19th 2004, 9:55 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Noorah101
Just make sure all of our SO's are here by then!! And that we don't have any AOS dates during that time!

I hope Heba's OK, too

Absolutely! Every last one of them.
Old Feb 19th 2004, 9:56 am

Originally posted by Khadija
Very maddening to Type A personalities who are used to organizing everything!

P
I totally second that statement, 100% !!!!
Old Feb 19th 2004, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

Alicia&Driss is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ya’ll,
Well to update real fast….yeaaaaaa the consulate did take our information. So now it is in their hands. And we wait some more. I do know it is so worth the wait! But me being a type A personality also……Its killing me. lol
I think getting together will be so great. Leslie can’t wait to see what you are cooking up!!
Here in Tennessee is a great place to visit, Gatlinburg. http://www.gatlinburg-tennessee-info...uide/index.htm
I love to go there, and the shopping is fabulous!!
I pray every one is doing well!!!!!
Tmushen I also second what you have said, Driss and I say the same thing: as long as our children believe in God that is what matters most to us. Neither of our families wants the other to change, and agree with the way we have decided to raise our children. We will teach our children morals and values and both our religions.
PETER PAN: Thank you for your concern but…… My husband and I talk everyday without fail on the computer (with cams) for up to 5 hours a night, no less than 2, EVERY night since we meet. ( he walks to the cyber café) Even tonight after he had no sleep from leaving at 3am to go 10 hours to get our stuff to the consulate we just finished talking for 3 hours. Believe me, we have talked about so much, a few times I have even been known to get out my psychology test books and we test each other about different scenarios. As far as knowing each other I feel we do very much. Driss can look at me even through a computer and know when something is wrong, when I’m happy, or when the time apart is just getting me down. After the murder of my mom, I had many many guards for Driss to come though. I was not even looking for a relationship when I met Driss. I had no trust for anyone, much less a man. And to be totally honest I truly feel that he is my Gift from God. And yes it is Love……With a total commitment, no matter what life throws our way we will be there for each other, we are one.
Old Feb 19th 2004, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Alicia&Driss
And to be totally honest I truly feel that he is my Gift from God. And yes it is Love……With a total commitment, no matter what life throws our way we will be there for each other, we are one.
Alicia,

I find myself telling Abdo all the time he's my Gift from God. I, too, had given up finding "Mr. Right" when I went to Cairo 3 years ago. But, as they say, "God works in mysterious ways"! I had been thinking about what would become of my life when my Mama dies and I was alone. I'm an only child and my father died 16 years ago. Then, like a lightening bolt, I met him. I won't be so mushy as to say it was "love at first sight" (although that's what he says he felt) but it was special. I figure God knew what he was doing when he brought the two of us together. After being an only child, I now have a bigger family than I could ever imagined and a husband, Inshaallah, who'll be with me forever no matter what.

Abdo and I also often say "we are one, two halves of each other". It's so true. I just wish there was a way we could get this across to our respective Consulates.

It's funny how universal being in love is.

Hang in there,
Patty
Old Feb 20th 2004, 9:40 am
Exile

"tmushen" wrote
    > Whether it's her religion or mine our children will be taught
    > there is a difference between good and bad.

Why even muddy the waters by talking about any religion?
You don't have to be religious to know the difference between good and bad.

Religion is generally the "manual for being good" for those that can't make
their own decisions

Andy

Old Feb 21st 2004, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

Hiya Patty,
Is such a sweet story as to how you and your hubby met, and you gaining a Big wonderful family! I too really feel that “God works in mysterious ways� Who knew that we would meet our hubbies half a world away. I for one sure never would have dreamed this. ( I don’t even like to fly)
For the past 2 days all my extra time I have been hanging up new clothes racks in my attic. I have to find some place to keep all my skinny clothes. hahaha
Hope you are doing good!!
Old Feb 21st 2004, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Exile
"tmushen" wrote
    > Whether it's her religion or mine our children will be taught
    > there is a difference between good and bad.

Why even muddy the waters by talking about any religion?
You don't have to be religious to know the difference between good and bad.

Religion is generally the "manual for being good" for those that can't make
their own decisions

Andy
Hi Andy, Just in response....I dont feel like it is mudding the waters.... I for one dont want to have children and then the religion issue comes to light. What if the two of us didnt agree, then we are putting our children in the middle of a confusing mess that could have been prevented.
Old Feb 22nd 2004, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Greetings,

I wish I could look to the future. I told Rene the other day this waiting is like waiting to hear if you're going to be laid off or not. Today I received another "your husband case is still under administrative process, when we've completed our procedures we'll give you the details..." I wanted to scream!

Otherwise, not much new. We're just waiting - hopefully for a visa and not some letter saying we need this or that from you.

Has the Consulate ever responded directly to you?

Patty

Originally posted by Alicia&Driss
Hiya Patty,
Is such a sweet story as to how you and your hubby met, and you gaining a Big wonderful family! I too really feel that “God works in mysterious ways� Who knew that we would meet our hubbies half a world away. I for one sure never would have dreamed this. ( I don’t even like to fly)
For the past 2 days all my extra time I have been hanging up new clothes racks in my attic. I have to find some place to keep all my skinny clothes. hahaha
Hope you are doing good!!
Old Feb 22nd 2004, 6:59 am

Hi Guys,

If it didn't sound so goofy, I'd tell why I also think Sadegh is my heaven-send. Just let it be said that it took 3 separate meetings over the course of 6 years for it to become clear, but thank God it did. It's like God was telling me "Hello! Mr. Right is right here! I'll give you ONE more chance to realize it!" LOL

Alicia and Driss - I hope you hear a positive outcome from the consulate soon!!

Patty - I'm just about ready to go kick Cairo's butt for you!!

Exile - talking about anything and everything is what makes a couple grow closer. It shouldn't muddy the waters, and if it does, it's time to rethink what you have in common with your SO. Just my opinion :-)

Best Wishes to all....
Rene
Old Feb 22nd 2004, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Patty, Rene
Your right about the way it feels!! Only with a job we can start to look elsewhere, and this process they have the final say, and nowhere else to go! I sure wish that we would all hear good news soon! Well tomorrow is Monday and hopefully, Inshallah we will all get good news this week!! (Every week I tell this to myself )
No the Consulate has still not responded to me. I can’t believe that my brother would hear something before they would take the time to contact me! I’m really happy that he got a response, but it infuriates me that they will not talk to me.
Hope your week is great!!!
Old Feb 22nd 2004, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

sdmansour will become famous soon enoughsdmansour will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Alicia&Driss
I can’t believe that my brother would hear something before they would take the time to contact me! I’m really happy that he got a response, but it infuriates me that they will not talk to me.

Actually, with my prior first hand experience with Morocco, this does not surprise me at all. Brothers and fathers get much more attention than sisters and mothers. It reveals to me that a Moroccan is responsible for processing your case at the moment. Couple that with your brother being the USC and making the inquiry and it is clear why he got the response and you didn't. Maybe you should consider using him as your advocate in the consulate, especially since he is able to get results.

Debbie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.