Response from Congressman today

Wikiposts

Response from Congressman today

Old Feb 19th 2004, 3:19 am
Just Joined

PeterPan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just My Mind!!

Originally posted by Alicia&Driss
Hello, No we have not heard anything else. Driss called Tuesday to get an apointment, but they told him just to come and give the things to the reception area. Same thing he tried to do on Friday but they would not take them. So he is leaving at 3am to go back to Casa. He says if they refuse to take them (again) with out an apt, then he will stay in casa and call them at 3:30pm (when they answer the phones) and see what else can be done. Thanks for asking.

I pray that things turn out for good to two of you at the end!! I have read the titile here about "Said on the run", he too is from Morrocco. That alone if news has reached home consulate can make them tighten nuts. And demand for more evidence to ascertain the seriousness of the relationship. Especially since its inter-cultural and inter-religious relationship.

And for you the US citizen,do not be carried away, Said too was very loving and could not even hurt a fly! Just be BEWARE !!!

Are you willing to convert to Islam latar? Or will he be willing to convert to christian later? Do you forsee a clash of this interest in future? Have you once discussed this with him? Or is it all about love ,love love? BEWARE!!!

Take or live it, if he is not converting to christian and you are not converting to muslim.It is very very difficult situation to cope with. All this ought to be sorted out and agrreed upon b4 getting engaged to marry. Otherwise,he will disappear shortly after arrival like "Said" and you stand to suffer for that mistake made under the blind fold of LOVE!!

Like I said its just my opinion. Best of luck!!!

Last edited by PeterPan; Feb 19th 2004 at 3:39 am.
Old Feb 19th 2004, 4:11 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just My Mind!!

Are you retarded? Most of the women posting on this thread are Muslim. Why don't you do a little research before you start spreading fear? Who are you?

Originally posted by PeterPan
I pray that things turn out for good to two of you at the end!! I have read the titile here about "Said on the run", he too is from Morrocco. That alone if news has reached home consulate can make them tighten nuts. And demand for more evidence to ascertain the seriousness of the relationship. Especially since its inter-cultural and inter-religious relationship.

And for you the US citizen,do not be carried away, Said too was very loving and could not even hurt a fly! Just be BEWARE !!!

Are you willing to convert to Islam latar? Or will he be willing to convert to christian later? Do you forsee a clash of this interest in future? Have you once discussed this with him? Or is it all about love ,love love? BEWARE!!!

Take or live it, if he is not converting to christian and you are not converting to muslim.It is very very difficult situation to cope with. All this ought to be sorted out and agrreed upon b4 getting engaged to marry. Otherwise,he will disappear shortly after arrival like "Said" and you stand to suffer for that mistake made under the blind fold of LOVE!!

Like I said its just my opinion. Best of luck!!!
Old Feb 19th 2004, 4:22 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PeterPan

Hi PeterPan,

Are you speaking from experience? Please share.
Old Feb 19th 2004, 5:22 am
BE Enthusiast

tmushen is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Noorah101

Hi PeterPan,

Are you speaking from experience? Please share.
Me and my wife agreed that we will raise our children to believe in God. It doesn't matter if it's her God or my God. My wife is Muslim and I am Catholic. Whether it's her religion or mine our children will be taught there is a difference between good and bad. My parents might want something else and I am sure my wife's parents want something else but its not there lives. Me and my wife love each other and we won't let anything come between us. I hope everyone can come to understanding when they have differences because all couples have differences some more major than others but everything can and should be worked out if you love each other. My thought is no outside influence should ever affect what you do in your relatioship. Any way just my two cents.
Old Feb 19th 2004, 5:32 am
Just Joined

PeterPan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by tmushen
Me and my wife agreed that we will raise our children to believe in God. It doesn't matter if it's her God or my God. My wife is Muslim and I am Catholic. Whether it's her religion or mine our children will be taught there is a difference between good and bad. My parents might want something else and I am sure my wife's parents want something else but its not there lives. Me and my wife love each other and we won't let anything come between us. I hope everyone can come to understanding when they have differences because all couples have differences some more major than others but everything can and should be worked out if you love each other. My thought is no outside influence should ever affect what you do in your relatioship. Any way just my two cents.

Kudos to you both tmushen!!!!

Its nice to reach a compromise from beginning !!! Opinions are free !!! And listeners or the readers ought to take it freely as well.

You are welcome!!!!
Old Feb 19th 2004, 7:36 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Response from Congressman today

Hey Rene!!

Sorry, I was about to respond to your congratulations when PeterPan flew so far up my nose, his boots were on my chin.

Thank you so much. Things are going well and Khalid is like a kid with all of his discoveries. It really has been a complete blast so far.

The only negative discussion we've had so far was when he accused my Olive Oil of being fake. Of course, I came to the defense of my Olive Oil. It may not be the best quality Olive Oil, but it is real and deserves to bear the name of Extra Virgin Olive Oil just like the EVOO they have in Morocco.

Heba, Patty, Alicia, and Rene,

You guys stay solid. It is worth the wait. It does work out. You do deserve to be happy and have your dreams come true.

Leslie

Originally posted by Noorah101
Hi Alicia & Driss....Patty....Heba....Leslie,

Count me in on the get-together! Inshallah Sadegh will be here by summer!! Also, let me join the club of depressed people waiting. Even though our wait is somewhat self-induced, what with his trip to Iran to get original documents and then getting stuck in family affairs there, it still adds precious time to the already way-too-long wait.

The latest is that he'll be back in Turkey by this coming weekend. Maybe next week will be the week we can actually submit P3??? I feel like I've been saying that for 5 weeks now!!

Alicia, Patty, Heba....good luck with your cases and I'm praying you will all hear something positive very soon!!

Leslie & Khalid...congratulations again

Best Wishes to All,
Rene
Old Feb 19th 2004, 8:45 am
WTF?

Kudos to you both tmushen!!!!

Its nice to reach a compromise from beginning !!! Opinions are free !!! And listeners or the readers ought to take it freely as well.

You are welcome!!!!
Opinions are free. Meaning they are worthless? How about a well informed opinion. You jumped on a thread to warn some women about the things that YOU fear. Do you think your talking to children here? Do you think they haven't investigated all of these things? I know for a fact that one of the women you are lecturing was a Muslim long before she met her Muslim fiance. She is marrying within her own faith. I'm sure she could teach YOU a thing or two. What do you know about Islam and inter-faith marriages? Please share.
Old Feb 19th 2004, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Khadija is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know...first it's olive oil and then it's spices....better do some research!

I'm trying to hang in there. Abdo is far more laid back about this than I am. He's of the mind that we're not lying, the Consulate knows this now after the home visit and it's just a matter of time until he gets the visa in the mail. God I wish I had his optimism. Instead, like something from a bad Oliver Stone movie, I'm cooking up Consulate Conspiracy Theories as to why the investigator didn't write anything down, was her friendliness all fake, was their mind made up back at his interview to say no and this is all CYA activity? I really should have been a writer! I like my husband's attitude much better. He's promised to teach me patience once he's here.

Don't forget Debbie (sdmansour). She's waiting on her DCF from Cairo and is a new poster to our little gang of gals.

Now, where should we have that reunion ladies?

P

Originally posted by Leslie66
Hey Rene!!

Sorry, I was about to respond to your congratulations when PeterPan flew so far up my nose, his boots were on my chin.

Thank you so much. Things are going well and Khalid is like a kid with all of his discoveries. It really has been a complete blast so far.

The only negative discussion we've had so far was when he accused my Olive Oil of being fake. Of course, I came to the defense of my Olive Oil. It may not be the best quality Olive Oil, but it is real and deserves to bear the name of Extra Virgin Olive Oil just like the EVOO they have in Morocco.

Heba, Patty, Alicia, and Rene,

You guys stay solid. It is worth the wait. It does work out. You do deserve to be happy and have your dreams come true.

Leslie
Old Feb 19th 2004, 8:55 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Khadija

P
Definitely NOT anywhere near a beach!!
Old Feb 19th 2004, 8:58 am
WTF?

I don't know...first it's olive oil and then it's spices....better do some research!
<snort>

Next thing you know he'll be questioning my bread and then he'll just disappear.

I'm trying to hang in there. Abdo is far more laid back about this than I am. He's of the mind that we're not lying, the Consulate knows this now after the home visit and it's just a matter of time until he gets the visa in the mail. God I wish I had his optimism. Instead, like something from a bad Oliver Stone movie, I'm cooking up Consulate Conspiracy Theories as to why the investigator didn't write anything down, was her friendliness all fake, was their mind made up back at his interview to say no and this is all CYA activity? I really should have been a writer! I like my husband's attitude much better. He's promised to teach me patience once he's here.

Don't forget Debbie (sdmansour). She's waiting on her DCF from Cairo and is a new poster to our little gang of gals.

P
I don't know!! We are spread out all over this country. Who's got the biggest place?
Old Feb 19th 2004, 8:59 am

I'm trying to hang in there. Abdo is far more laid back about this than I am. He's of the mind that we're not lying, the Consulate knows this now after the home visit and it's just a matter of time until he gets the visa in the mail. God I wish I had his optimism. Instead, like something from a bad Oliver Stone movie, I'm cooking up Consulate Conspiracy Theories as to why the investigator didn't write anything down, was her friendliness all fake, was their mind made up back at his interview to say no and this is all CYA activity? I really should have been a writer! P
Ohhhhh, A new John Grisham novel! hehehe I'll bet between the bunch of us we could come up with a really good book! I still think we should put together a collection of all our inter-cultural and immigration experiences and get it published. If such a thing existed now, I'd buy it for sure! We can brainstorm at our reunion!

Rene
Old Feb 19th 2004, 9:01 am
WTF?

Ohhhhh, A new John Grisham novel! hehehe I'll bet between the bunch of us we could come up with a really good book! I still think we should put together a collection of all our inter-cultural and immigration experiences and get it published. If such a thing existed now, I'd buy it for sure! We can brainstorm at our reunion!

Rene
Is this a women only reunion? Is it really a reunion since we've never met? Maybe we should call it our "Union".
Old Feb 19th 2004, 9:07 am

Is this a women only reunion? Is it really a reunion since we've never met? Maybe we should call it our "Union".
Women only? Heck no, bring the hubbies! Believe me, when Sadegh gets here, he's not getting out of my sight for a loooong time! LOL And you're right, it IS a union!
Old Feb 19th 2004, 9:09 am
WTF?

Women only? Heck no, bring the hubbies! Believe me, when Sadegh gets here, he's not getting out of my sight for a loooong time! LOL And you're right, it IS a union!
Khalid would love that!!
Old Feb 19th 2004, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Khadija is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, let's see. It would see a small, boutique hotel would do nicely. Affordable yet tasteful in a city somewhat halfway for most (Rene I think you'll have the farthest to come) say D.C. or Delaware (I'm thinking the Brandywine area) or in PA near King of Prussia. Arrive on a Thursday and depart Sunday after brunch. Friday could be joint activity day and Saturday the girls could go shopping and the guys could do what guys do. Sat. night would be like one big quintuple date night.

Any other ideas?

P.
Khalid would love that!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.