Response from Congressman today

Wikiposts

Response from Congressman today

Old Feb 14th 2004, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

Alicia&Driss is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Response from Congressman today

Patty,
Oh I'm sorry to hear that your mom is ailing. God Bless her heart. Im sure she will enjoy the company of Abdo, when he does finally get there. I can picture her teaching him english.....Is such a cute thought. Although I did not change religions when I married Driss, I totally agree that God and parents come first.
Thanks so much to Sibsie I got my pic now
Old Feb 14th 2004, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Khadija is an unknown quantity at this point

Your husband is quite the looker!! Is that a hijab I see you wearing?? Great photo!

Wouldn't it be cool if all of us with Middle Eastern hubbies could have a big reunion this summer??

I wonder how Leslie and Khalid are doing???

Now if someone could just figure out why the html code is turned off in my profile and why I can't turn it on...

Patty

Originally posted by Alicia&Driss
Patty,
Oh I'm sorry to hear that your mom is ailing. God Bless her heart. Im sure she will enjoy the company of Abdo, when he does finally get there. I can picture her teaching him english.....Is such a cute thought. Although I did not change religions when I married Driss, I totally agree that God and parents come first.
Thanks so much to Sibsie I got my pic now
Old Feb 14th 2004, 2:55 pm
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

Alicia,

You are such a cute couple! Anyway, I think the consulate's response to you was very logical, sane, and justified. The horrible thing though is that the ConOff led your husband to believe that everything was ok and never asked for more evidence. And if I seem to remember correctly, he borught such evidence with him to the interview but it wasn't looked at? This is what makes their response seem like a slap in the face. I hope it ends well for you and Patty (and me). <insert praying smilie> This process has been such a drain on our emotions and I have been very depressed lately.
There are two issues that are being addressed in Mr. ’s case. First, we have to process certain cases through administrative procedures required by law. This situation does apply to Mr. . We have started the necessary steps in this case and should have the response in a reasonable period of time.
The second problem is not as easily explained. Morocco has a long history of marriage fraud for the purpose of immigration to the United States. Consular officers here therefore are cautious when dealing with certain visa cases. In the case your sister and Mr. let me highlight some of the points that caused the officer concern. They met over the Internet and Mr. s English during the interview-lacked fluency so your sister and Mr. lack a common language in which to communicate. Your sister and Mr. met only one time in person, for 13 days, at the time of their marriage some seven months ago. There is an age difference with Mr. being about seven years younger than your sister. Your sister has a previous marriage, having been terminated a relatively short time ago. I point this out not to accuse your sister of any misconduct but only to reemphasize that we would be remiss in our legal duty to not carefully scrutinize marriage cases where we have reason to believe the marriage was for the sole purpose of obtaining an immigrant visa for the U.S.
Old Feb 14th 2004, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, Yea hes my cutie
And nope is not....just messy hair.... hahahaha From the heat over there, my hair did its own thing.
Yes it would be so great for everyone to get together and met. Count us in!!!
We have gotten a new date for our reception, back up date I wish my father would just put it on hold till he is here, but he is such the preplanner. May 1st is the date he has given me. Hopefully, Inshallah he will be here.
Im so computer stupid, wish I knew how to fix your smileys...but as you see,,,I dont have them too, just the ones provided on this here.
I too have been wondering about Leslie and Khalid......hopefully they will check in soon!!
Old Feb 14th 2004, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

Heba,Thank you!
Well as far as the response from the consulate, this was a differant answer than they gave to my Congressmans office. I really dont mind the fact that they are wanting more proof, but if they would have only notifyed us so that we could get it to them. Or even taken the time to read and look at what we brought in the first place. They actually have not contacted Driss or me still yet, this is the answer that they sent to my brother. It makes me mad that they wont talk to me, but yet responded the same day to my brother.
I totally understand about being depressed, I sure wish that things will work out for you and all of us very soon!!

Originally posted by Hebapotamus42
Alicia,

You are such a cute couple! Anyway, I think the consulate's response to you was very logical, sane, and justified. The horrible thing though is that the ConOff led your husband to believe that everything was ok and never asked for more evidence. And if I seem to remember correctly, he borught such evidence with him to the interview but it wasn't looked at? This is what makes their response seem like a slap in the face. I hope it ends well for you and Patty (and me). <insert praying smilie> This process has been such a drain on our emotions and I have been very depressed lately.
Old Feb 18th 2004, 8:58 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Alicia,

Have you heard anything else?

Leslie

Heba,Thank you!
Well as far as the response from the consulate, this was a differant answer than they gave to my Congressmans office. I really dont mind the fact that they are wanting more proof, but if they would have only notifyed us so that we could get it to them. Or even taken the time to read and look at what we brought in the first place. They actually have not contacted Driss or me still yet, this is the answer that they sent to my brother. It makes me mad that they wont talk to me, but yet responded the same day to my brother.
I totally understand about being depressed, I sure wish that things will work out for you and all of us very soon!!
Old Feb 18th 2004, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Leslie66
Hi Alicia,

Have you heard anything else?

Leslie
Hello, No we have not heard anything else. Driss called Tuesday to get an apointment, but they told him just to come and give the things to the reception area. Same thing he tried to do on Friday but they would not take them. So he is leaving at 3am to go back to Casa. He says if they refuse to take them (again) with out an apt, then he will stay in casa and call them at 3:30pm (when they answer the phones) and see what else can be done. Thanks for asking.
Old Feb 18th 2004, 11:06 am
Sleep? What's that?

bubbadog has a spectacular aura aboutbubbadog has a spectacular aura aboutbubbadog has a spectacular aura about

Hello, No we have not heard anything else. Driss called Tuesday to get an apointment, but they told him just to come and give the things to the reception area. Same thing he tried to do on Friday but they would not take them. So he is leaving at 3am to go back to Casa. He says if they refuse to take them (again) with out an apt, then he will stay in casa and call them at 3:30pm (when they answer the phones) and see what else can be done. Thanks for asking.
Alicia, keep us all posted!! Inquiring minds want to know!

Patty, most vBulletin sites have html turned off on everyone. Having it on makes it possible for someone to insert malicious code and take down the site. My fiance and I have 2 sites and keep html turned off on them for precisely that reason.
Old Feb 18th 2004, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alicia,

Sorry to hear there's no news. Same here. I emailed the Consulate yesterday and rec'd the standard "we can't give you timeline" reply.

Coincidentally, I received a copy of the letter my Senator wrote to the Consul General in Cairo asking them "fish or cut bait", politely of course, and give us a favorable reply. The funny thing about this letter is I contacted my Senators and Congressman about a year ago to ask for help at the time with getting our I-130 out of the NSC. This particular Senator was the only one who actually called the NSC and was the first to clue me in to the hideous backlog out there and advised me to go the K3 route. I thanked the staff person and that was that.

Well, last week, out of the blue, I get a call from his office wondering what was up with my case. Apparently the staff person didn't mark the inquiry closed and new staff called to see if there was anything they could do! So, I brought them up-to-speed and the offered to write a letter. Who knows if will do any good but it can't hurt.

So we wait some more....it's so comforting to know there are others in the same exact boat.

Old Feb 18th 2004, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Patty,
Sounds like maybe the new staf may be of some help! I sure hope so for you both!! I cant believe that we cant get any more answers from the Consulate than what they are giving. I myself still have not had a reply from Morocco Consulate. But what gets me is they write to my brother in the same day with so many details. How do they really know he was my brother to give all this info to. Good thing he is. I sure hope that your Senators office can get you some detailed info about your case. I read that when a Senator or Congressmans office gets involved that the Consulate has to reply within 2 days. So hopefully you will hear something very soon!!
Old Feb 18th 2004, 4:03 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Alicia & Driss....Patty....Heba....Leslie,

Count me in on the get-together! Inshallah Sadegh will be here by summer!! Also, let me join the club of depressed people waiting. Even though our wait is somewhat self-induced, what with his trip to Iran to get original documents and then getting stuck in family affairs there, it still adds precious time to the already way-too-long wait.

The latest is that he'll be back in Turkey by this coming weekend. Maybe next week will be the week we can actually submit P3??? I feel like I've been saying that for 5 weeks now!!

Alicia, Patty, Heba....good luck with your cases and I'm praying you will all hear something positive very soon!!

Leslie & Khalid...congratulations again

Best Wishes to All,
Rene
Old Feb 18th 2004, 4:32 pm
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

Hi Rene. How are your parents? I don't see you around much anymore. I hope you're coping well with their problems. Thank goodness Sadegh is finally going back to Turkey! In my case, the long wait was entirely self-induced. I had the option of DCF and didn't bother with it, even though my husband suggested it to me while we were physically present in the consulate and could have asked for the details. And then after getting I-129f approval, I abandoned it in favor of the the I-130. My only consolation is that my husband didn't have to go thru this harsh winter.
Originally posted by Noorah101
Hi Alicia & Driss....Patty....Heba....Leslie,

Count me in on the get-together! Inshallah Sadegh will be here by summer!! Also, let me join the club of depressed people waiting. Even though our wait is somewhat self-induced, what with his trip to Iran to get original documents and then getting stuck in family affairs there, it still adds precious time to the already way-too-long wait.

The latest is that he'll be back in Turkey by this coming weekend. Maybe next week will be the week we can actually submit P3??? I feel like I've been saying that for 5 weeks now!!

Alicia, Patty, Heba....good luck with your cases and I'm praying you will all hear something positive very soon!!

Leslie & Khalid...congratulations again

Best Wishes to All,
Rene
Old Feb 19th 2004, 2:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Ditto on the winter thing! It'll be better if our warm-blooded honies can ease into the sub-zero temps we get here. To deal with that and adjusting to a new country is above and beyond the call of duty! LOL

Patty

My only consolation is that my husband didn't have to go thru this harsh winter.
Old Feb 19th 2004, 2:32 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Khadija
Ditto on the winter thing! It'll be better if our warm-blooded honies can ease into the sub-zero temps we get here. To deal with that and adjusting to a new country is above and beyond the call of duty! LOL

Patty
All you cold-weather people should move out to sunny Arizona! hehehe I even have a 2-bedroom condo to rent you! First come, first serve!

Seriously, though, you are all welcome to come and visit. Sadegh and I would love to have you all over

Rene
Old Feb 19th 2004, 2:55 am

Hi Rene. How are your parents? I don't see you around much anymore. I hope you're coping well with their problems. Thank goodness Sadegh is finally going back to Turkey! In my case, the long wait was entirely self-induced. I had the option of DCF and didn't bother with it, even though my husband suggested it to me while we were physically present in the consulate and could have asked for the details. And then after getting I-129f approval, I abandoned it in favor of the the I-130. My only consolation is that my husband didn't have to go thru this harsh winter.
Hi Heba,

So far, this has been the year from hell, but it's slowly improving. I've been around, but mostly lurking. Nothing going on with my case to post about, and just answering a question here and there if I can. Haven't been in a very positive mood, you know?

Thanks for asking about my folks; they are doing better. They are both living in a group home now where there is a 24/7 caregiver. It was (and still is) a huge adjustment for everyone. Although I know they're getting the health care they need, part of me feels guilty for not being the one to do the caretaking. My mom wanted to go live there, she realized she needs more health care and this is the smart way to get it. Dad wasn't so sure....but he and mom have been married almost 65 years and he wasn't doing well on his own in the condo, plus his Alzheimers is getting worse (especially on his own, with no one around all day long). So he moved in about 2 weeks after mom did, after a disasterous trip to S. Carolina to visit my oldest sister. We thought initially he could stay and visit there, but that didn't work out. It just ended up being an outrageously expensive 4-day visit

So now I'm trying to go through my folks' belongings - sorting out what needs to go with them to the home (not much, not enough room in their new place!), what needs to be saved and stored away, what I can use at my own place, and what can be sold. Then trying to decide if I should sell or rent the condo. I've only owned it 3 years, so I won't make much if I sell it. But the mortgage is pretty high so I also won't make anything by renting it (except perhaps the tax break). It's a LOT of work.

On top of that, my cousin passed away on Jan 31st, after a long illness. We grew up together, and he was more like a brother than a cousin. The funeral was in Tucson (about 2 hours drive from me), so I was busy and emotional about that for a while.

With Sadegh in Iran for the past 6 weeks now, I've only talked on the phone to him twice during that time, and I'm missing him horribly. I've kept in touch with his brother who finally did make it over to Turkey, and his sister in Tehran at least once a week each, but it's not the same as talking directly to Sadegh. It's hard for him to call me from there very often, and I understand that, but with everything going on in my life right now, I'm missing his reassurance and TLC.

Soooooooooo, that's why you haven't seen me around much! But as I said, it seems things are improving now. The folks are settling in their new place, I'm slowly plugging away at clearing their condo, and Inshallah Sadegh will be back in Turkey very soon and I will be posting news about his interview date!!

Rene <---- still around!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.