Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Request for Initial Evidence (I-485)

Wikiposts

Request for Initial Evidence (I-485)

Old Oct 25th 2007, 6:17 am
Just Joined

Nick2007 has a reputation beyond reputeNick2007 has a reputation beyond reputeNick2007 has a reputation beyond reputeNick2007 has a reputation beyond reputeNick2007 has a reputation beyond reputeNick2007 has a reputation beyond reputeNick2007 has a reputation beyond reputeNick2007 has a reputation beyond reputeNick2007 has a reputation beyond reputeNick2007 has a reputation beyond reputeNick2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Request for Initial Evidence (I-485)

Hi there,

I have received a letter from the USCIS requesting further information. We are both certain that we've provided everything needed other than my Father in law's W-2. However I want to ensure that everything is correct as it states on the form that if all evidence is not received at one time, our application will be denied. I would be extremely grateful If you could list everything needed for the I-485 so that we do skip over anything important again.

Below I have provided the request on the letter.

F. (40) The sponsor or joint sponsor (if required) on Form I-864 Affidavit of Support must submit the following:

W-2s, 1099s and/or all schedules submitted to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)--a copy of his/her Federal income tax return was submitted and/or the sponsor or joint sponsor requested an extension to file his or her Federal income tax return.

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 6:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Request for Initial Evidence (I-485)

Originally Posted by Nick2007
Hi there,

I have received a letter from the USCIS requesting further information. We are both certain that we've provided everything needed other than my Father in law's W-2. However I want to ensure that everything is correct as it states on the form that if all evidence is not received at one time, our application will be denied. I would be extremely grateful If you could list everything needed for the I-485 so that we do skip over anything important again.

F. (40) The sponsor or joint sponsor (if required) on Form I-864 Affidavit of Support must submit the following:

W-2s, 1099s and/or all schedules submitted to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)--a copy of his/her Federal income tax return was submitted and/or the sponsor or joint sponsor requested an extension to file his or her Federal income tax return.

Thanks in advance.
It sounds like they are requesting that W-2 you didn't include. I'd re-send everything from your FIL (W-2s, 1099s, 1040s, and/or tax transcripts) just to make sure they have it. It's been pointed out that even if you've already sent it, re-send it again cuz it could have been separated from your petition.

EDIT: I assume that you included the tax info from your USC spouse? Even if your wife requires a joint sponsor, she must still include her tax info for the last 3 years (i.e. tax transcripts, w-2s, 1099s, etc)

Last edited by Bluegrass Lass; Oct 25th 2007 at 8:10 am.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 6:55 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nick2007
Hi there,

Thanks in advance.
Hi:

It is one of those little annoyances, but the warning language on the RFE's from NBC are not quite accurate. They are correct that you have to make just ONE response. However, they do NOT tell you that the regulations give three alternative options: 1) give them everything they want; 2) give them part of what they want and tell them to adjudicate on what they then have; or 3) give them nothing they want and request that they adjudicate on what they have. The only option you CANNOT do is to ignore the thing.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 7:23 am
Just Joined

Nick2007 has a reputation beyond reputeNick2007 has a reputation beyond reputeNick2007 has a reputation beyond reputeNick2007 has a reputation beyond reputeNick2007 has a reputation beyond reputeNick2007 has a reputation beyond reputeNick2007 has a reputation beyond reputeNick2007 has a reputation beyond reputeNick2007 has a reputation beyond reputeNick2007 has a reputation beyond reputeNick2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you both for your help