Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Request for Further Evidence???

Wikiposts

Request for Further Evidence???

Old May 6th 2011, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

kimbap is just really nicekimbap is just really nicekimbap is just really nicekimbap is just really nicekimbap is just really nicekimbap is just really nicekimbap is just really nicekimbap is just really nice
Default Re: Request for Further Evidence???

i got an RFE request. we had only been married about 1.5 years but we did have a daughter born about 8 months after we married. I think the RFE asked for three (i am the USC) We were living in London and I got an American friend living in London, my british husband's cousin (both of whom were at our british ceremony -- we were married in nyc but had a celebration in UK) and wow, i can't remember the third. it was probably one of my husband's friends. maybe a solicitor friend? they were all just people who knew us as a couple and seemed reputable. none were more than two paragraphs or so long. it didn't seem to slow us up -- we got the actual visa in about 11.5 weeks from the day i sent in the I-130. but I got the RFE on a Saturday, busily collected affidavits and sent them on Monday. I found it sped things up if I wrote an affidavit and asked them to use it as a model. They just kept what I wrote, put in the relevant info -- date of birth etc, sign it and thus it's very easy for them to do quickly. don't worry. it's not such a big deal.
Old May 6th 2011, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

katq is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kimbap
I found it sped things up if I wrote an affidavit and asked them to use it as a model. They just kept what I wrote, put in the relevant info -- date of birth etc, sign it and thus it's very easy for them to do quickly. don't worry. it's not such a big deal.
I actually did the same and they all seemed to think it was very helpful: and they all wrote their own stories, completely unique, but it helped them to have an example.
Old May 6th 2011, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

katq is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JennaB
I have gotten two UK friends now and 4 of my US family members to write/sign affidavits, so hopefully that should be fine.
Hehe, you really need only 3 in total, you know) Oh, and they usually also ask the USC to write a statement too and explain the circumstances that led to the marriage, but that should be on the letter they sent you too if they want that. x