Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Request for Further Evidence???

Wikiposts

Request for Further Evidence???

Old May 3rd 2011, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

katq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Request for Further Evidence???

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
it may be that the I-130 filed on behalf of OP was picked at random. Or there may be some fact or facts that caused the examiner's antennae to twitch. I don't know.
We filed our I-130 in London 5 days after the wedding and as much as I expected a RFE and was prepared with a few affidavits, we got straight approval. May be because my husband the USC had been living in London for 3 years prior to this and we had the same address on the forms... that's what I thought it was anyways, but who knows...it might be totally random...
Old May 4th 2011, 2:10 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

No one here has seen the I-130 package that was submitted. It may be random request or there may some some in OP's petition that causes doubt. I, for one, have no clue what it might be.
Old May 4th 2011, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

JennaB is just really niceJennaB is just really niceJennaB is just really niceJennaB is just really niceJennaB is just really niceJennaB is just really niceJennaB is just really niceJennaB is just really nice

Originally Posted by katq
We filed our I-130 in London 5 days after the wedding and as much as I expected a RFE and was prepared with a few affidavits, we got straight approval. May be because my husband the USC had been living in London for 3 years prior to this and we had the same address on the forms... that's what I thought it was anyways, but who knows...it might be totally random...
Pretty much the same story with me, I had been living in the UK for 2.5 years and lived at the same address as my husband. I can't think of anything on the forms that would have thrown up a red flag except for the fact that we have been married for less than a year. My husband is employed, and has no police record. Maybe we just got a cranky person to look at our file!

I do find it odd that, if they are questioning how genuine our relationship is, that they only checked the box asking for affidavits. Why wouldn't they try and get some evidence of co-mingling funds as well, if they are concerned?
Old May 4th 2011, 6:21 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JennaB
I do find it odd that, if they are questioning how genuine our relationship is, that they only checked the box asking for affidavits. Why wouldn't they try and get some evidence of co-mingling funds as well, if they are concerned?
You proceed from a false assumption - that there's any rhyme or reason to their request.

Ian
Old May 4th 2011, 6:42 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

I prefer Mr.F's prescient answer.
Old May 4th 2011, 6:53 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
I prefer Mr.F's prescient answer.
Prescient? He says twice that he has no idea.
Old May 4th 2011, 7:56 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

He said that no one has seen the I-130 package*, and he said it before JB gave her few superficial details and asked why they didn't instead request evidence of co-mingled funds. "no idea" is a more appropriate answer than the alternative - a WAG.

* Aside - I always find it curious when people give a list of documents by subject and ask, "is this enough?" How would anyone know without seeing the content of the listed documents? The documents might not be helpful at all, possibly even detrimental to the case, can't tell without seeing the actual content.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by meauxna
Prescient? He says twice that he has no idea.
Old May 4th 2011, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

JennaB is just really niceJennaB is just really niceJennaB is just really niceJennaB is just really niceJennaB is just really niceJennaB is just really niceJennaB is just really niceJennaB is just really nice

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You proceed from a false assumption - that there's any rhyme or reason to their request.

Ian
Very true!

I'm just so nervous about this because if our I-130 is denied, we won't have enough money to apply for me to get a UK visa, so we are a little afraid that we will be prevented from being together by the powers that be.

Last edited by JennaB; May 4th 2011 at 3:07 pm.
Old May 4th 2011, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Very true!

I'm just so nervous about this because if our I-130 is denied, we won't have enough money to apply for me to get a UK visa, so we are a little afraid that we will be prevented from being together by the powers that be.
Don't worry, your I-130 won't be denied! Of all the things they could ask for they only asked for the affidavits and they are not that hard to provide: you just have to get some of your friends or family - it could be anyone who is willing to testify to your relationship and sign them It just means a couple of weeks delay, that's all! Many people have been asked for this so it is really not that unusual and I am sure when you send them, they will be happy to approve your petition
Old May 5th 2011, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

Don't worry, your I-130 won't be denied! Of all the things they could ask for they only asked for the affidavits and they are not that hard to provide: you just have to get some of your friends or family - it could be anyone who is willing to testify to your relationship and sign them It just means a couple of weeks delay, that's all! Many people have been asked for this so it is really not that unusual and I am sure when you send them, they will be happy to approve your petition
Thanks katq, I'm sure you're right. I will buy some Chill Pills when I am out today : )
Old May 5th 2011, 3:12 am

It's also necessary that the "anyone" actually have personal knowledge of the relationship. Perjury is not looked on kindly.

Regards, JEff

it could be anyone who is willing to testify to your relationship and sign them
Old May 5th 2011, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
It's also necessary that the "anyone" actually have personal knowledge of the relationship. Perjury is not looked on kindly.

Regards, JEff
Thank you, but I'm sure the OP didn't take my response as an invitation to find someone who would sign a false statement - the detailed instructions for the affidavits are on the letter that she has received with the RFE - her concern from previous posts was that they won't be able to get letters from the US family and it is bad. It doesn't have to be the UK or the US family, it could be friends or anyone who knows them as a couple
Old May 5th 2011, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

Thanks katq, I'm sure you're right. I will buy some Chill Pills when I am out today : )
Jenna, if you search in this forum or other ones for "RFE" and "affidavits of bona fide marriage" you will get an idea of what they really want to see, I got some friends and family to write some for me and they did a brilliant job, I also met my husband's family once in person, but they still wrote letters to say that we have been in regular contact via phone and skype all the time and they are confident our relationship is real and I think it worked out pretty well. The only thing is that they need to have original signature and the sworn statement as per the instructions on the letter you have received so if you want to use letters from them you need to wait until you get them in the mail too. It will be fine, I'm sure
Old May 5th 2011, 5:35 am

Actually, what she wrote in previous posts was that is able to get letters from the US family (who don't have strong personal knowledge), and from 1 non-family friend in the UK, and she has reached out to other UK friends:
we have 4 affidavits from people in the US that met my husband once (my mom, dad, aunt, and cousin), we only have one from someone in the UK, somebody who lived in the same flat as both of us for about 4 months. I have been trying to reach out to my UK friends, but have not been able to get an answer so far.
What she needs is people who have good personal knowledge of the relationship - the requirement that you omitted - not just anyone who is willing.

Regards, JEff

her concern from previous posts was that they won't be able to get letters from the US family and it is bad. It doesn't have to be the UK or the US family, it could be friends or anyone who knows them as a couple
Old May 5th 2011, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

Jenna, if you search in this forum or other ones for "RFE" and "affidavits of bona fide marriage" you will get an idea of what they really want to see.
Thanks, I will do that (and no, I did not take your comment 'anyone' to mean anyone at all, whether they knew my husband and I are a genuine couple or not!) I have gotten two UK friends now and 4 of my US family members to write/sign affidavits, so hopefully that should be fine.

Last edited by JennaB; May 5th 2011 at 6:44 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.