Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

request for evidence of having met in person

request for evidence of having met in person

Old Feb 3rd 2004, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

Chessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud of
Default request for evidence of having met in person

Hey all,

I just recieved a letter from Homeland Security requesting that we send them evidence that my fiance and I have met in the two years preceding our application.

Aside from my incredibly shrinking bank balance from all the plane trips here is the list of stuff I've compiled so far. Is this enough? anything special I should include?

- passport with my entry into Gatwick stamped (two trips), only problem is that you can't read the stamps very well
- ticket stubs, boarding passes and printed out itineraries from several trips he and I made to each other's home cities
- photos of the two of us together, both here and in England (they're not dated, however)

Am I missing something vital? do you think this is enough? I tried searching through this forum for answers, as I know this question has been asked in the past, but I couldn't find anything.

Thank you in advance
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 8:24 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: request for evidence of having met in person

Chessiet,

What you've listed is what most people seem to provide.

Just out of curiosity, what did you provide initially, with the petition?

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Chessiet
Hey all,

I just recieved a letter from Homeland Security requesting that we send them evidence that my fiance and I have met in the two years preceding our application.

Aside from my incredibly shrinking bank balance from all the plane trips here is the list of stuff I've compiled so far. Is this enough? anything special I should include?

- passport with my entry into Gatwick stamped (two trips), only problem is that you can't read the stamps very well
- ticket stubs, boarding passes and printed out itineraries from several trips he and I made to each other's home cities
- photos of the two of us together, both here and in England (they're not dated, however)

Am I missing something vital? do you think this is enough? I tried searching through this forum for answers, as I know this question has been asked in the past, but I couldn't find anything.

Thank you in advance
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 8:25 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Hey all,

Thank you in advance
This sounds sufficient to me. My husband and I only included plane ticket stubs and photographs of us together and that was enough evidence to get us approved.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Chessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud of

Jeff,

I didn't send anything with the original application. I wasn't sure that I was supposed to, at the time. Ah well, at least this means they're actually LOOKING at my application, rather than it sitting in a big pile somewhere

Does anyone know how long it takes after the "request for evidence" stuff is turned in, for the next step to happen?

Thanks for all your helpful answers, both here and on my medical questions thread
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 8:38 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know how long it takes after the "request for evidence" stuff is turned in, for the next step to happen?
From what others have said on this board in the past the approval usually follows pretty quickly once they receive your evidence.