Reload this Page >

Reporting change of address to immigration

Wikiposts

Reporting change of address to immigration

Old Apr 10th 2010, 10:47 pm
Banned

ajb1701 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Reporting change of address to immigration

I will be visiting with my GF 3 U.S cities over the course of 2 to 3 weeks I am not sweating immigration per say but I am curious as to whether I have to report my change of address whilst in the U.S or will the hotels update the information with immigration automatically?

Last edited by ajb1701; Apr 10th 2010 at 11:01 pm. Reason: mistyped meant to say 2-3 weeks not 5-6 lol
Old Apr 10th 2010, 11:08 pm
Banned

Default Re: Reporting change of address to immigration

Any takers?
Old Apr 10th 2010, 11:10 pm
Busy at Work

lifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ajb1701
I will be visiting with my GF 3 U.S cities over the course of 2 to 3 weeks I am not sweating immigration per say but I am curious as to whether I have to report my change of address whilst in the U.S or will the hotels update the information with immigration automatically?
Will you be travelling as a Tourist within the U.S.? There's no need to report change of address if you're visiting the places temporarily.
If you're say, a Student/Temporary Worker/Green Card Holder in the U.S., and move to another place, then you fill out the AR-11 form to report change of address.
Old Apr 10th 2010, 11:22 pm
Banned

We will be travelling on the visa waiver as tourists esta came back approved no problems with that. So will the hotel notify immigration when we check in. Will the hotel in NYC need to see the full travel intinery? In England when I have checked into travel lodges etc they have these forms that you have to complete and if your foreign national you have to list next destination and I suppose they give those to immigration?

I saw this AR11 when I did a search online. I didnt think that applied
Old Apr 10th 2010, 11:30 pm
Busy at Work

lifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ajb1701
We will be travelling on the visa waiver as tourists esta came back approved no problems with that. So will the hotel notify immigration when we check in. Will the hotel in NYC need to see the full travel intinery?
Not that I'm aware of. Of course, the hotel will want to see some form of identifications and register the info on guests. You'll have to show your passports, but I doubt they need to see your itinerary. I also don't think hotels routinely notify immigration about foreign nationals.
Old Apr 10th 2010, 11:34 pm
Banned

I guess England is more rigid than America is huh?

It goes without saying they would need to see a passport I will carry a couple of photo copies in case I lose it whatever.

Thanks for the help
Old Apr 11th 2010, 12:14 am
BE Enthusiast

discoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond repute

If you are just visiting as a tourist for a couple of weeks on the VWP, you report the address you will be initially staying at when you fill your forms out on the plane. The CBP officer at the POE may or may not want to see your itinerary and return ticket. If they ask for it, you show it to them. That's it, no need to do anything after that. Enjoy your trip!