Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

reply from London Consular regarding my sons I-130 late filing & my I-130 at Vermont

reply from London Consular regarding my sons I-130 late filing & my I-130 at Vermont

Old Apr 30th 2008, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

jeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nice
Default reply from London Consular regarding my sons I-130 late filing & my I-130 at Vermont

Good Morning All

I got a reply to my question about my I-130 being approved before my sons...London Consular said : If my I-130 gets approved i need to e-mail NVC and let them know to hold onto my I-130 until my sons is approved.
One my son's is approved i have to get intouch with London Consular and they said they will request for my I-130 and my sons to be expedited to London so they can be joined up for when i get my interview

So i have the support of London Consular and that they will work with me to to make sure my son and i will be together

Jeff posted out the I-130 for my son on Friday( 25.04.08) last week and letter explaining to Vermont Office where my I-130 is at the moment so fingers crossed once Chicago enter my son's I-130 into the system we have requested to have it expedited to Vermont to marry up with mine...lets hope it won't be too long but atleast Jeff and i know what to do if mine is approved first and what to do when my sons gets approved.

Hope this helps others that may find themselves in the same situation.

Michelle
Old May 1st 2008, 1:55 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: reply from London Consular regarding my sons I-130 late filing & my I-130 at Verm

So glad to here that you have a handle on this situation now. I'm sure you feel much more confident and relaxed about the process since you now are actively involved.

For anyone else who is following Michelle's plight, please be sure that you and/or your attorney files the separate I-130s for you and your children if you are going to do Consular processing of the Immediate Relative Visa and/or are also filing the I-129F for the K-3/K-4 visas. It is a petition that will have to be filed regardless and better to have it in the works at the same time as the parent's I-130. The insurance it provides that your child will not be left behind if the I-130 is approved first and the I-129F cancelled.
Old May 1st 2008, 2:11 am
Forum Regular

jeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nice
Default Re: reply from London Consular regarding my sons I-130 late filing & my I-130 at Verm

Originally Posted by Rete
So glad to here that you have a handle on this situation now. I'm sure you feel much more confident and relaxed about the process since you now are actively involved.

For anyone else who is following Michelle's plight, please be sure that you and/or your attorney files the separate I-130s for you and your children if you are going to do Consular processing of the Immediate Relative Visa and/or are also filing the I-129F for the K-3/K-4 visas. It is a petition that will have to be filed regardless and better to have it in the works at the same time as the parent's I-130. The insurance it provides that your child will not be left behind if the I-130 is approved first and the I-129F cancelled.
I am so much happier that we are able to rectify this situation and yes others that do use an attorney must make sure to file I-130 they MUST INSIST on filing for all concerned because my Attorney was so set on k3/k4 that now this situation i am in will delay me getting to US a little longer but well worth the wait...Life will be a Breeze coming in on I-130 approval
I personally feel K3/4 have so much restrictions and for the sake of an extra
3 / 4 months ( maybe less) it will be a less stressfull time once im in USA with my hubby and no more fees to pay

I'm wondering that since my I-130 has been in the system since Oct 19th 2007 do you think my case will be adjudicated soon ?

Michelle
Old May 1st 2008, 2:15 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear things are prgressing, Michelle! Good job!

Rene
Old May 1st 2008, 2:18 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffmich2007

I'm wondering that since my I-130 has been in the system since Oct 19th 2007 do you think my case will be adjudicated soon ?

Michelle
That's like asking what the winning lottery numbers will be for tomorrow night. My crystal ball predicts your I-130 will be adjudicated stateside by the second week in June.

At the very least is the timeline that the USCIS provides. It is not written in cement but at least it is something.
Old May 1st 2008, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
That's like asking what the winning lottery numbers will be for tomorrow night. My crystal ball predicts your I-130 will be adjudicated stateside by the second week in June.

At the very least is the timeline that the USCIS provides. It is not written in cement but at least it is something.
Thanks for working that out for me. While i know it's just an estimate I know it's something to work on

The time i passing and hopefully i will be with Jeff by September / October this year...If I'm lucky

Michelle