Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

renewing childrens uk passports in canada (now Washinton DC)

renewing childrens uk passports in canada (now Washinton DC)

Old Feb 3rd 2009, 2:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Bsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud of
Default renewing childrens uk passports in canada (now Washinton DC)

just a quick one - when renewing childrens british passports while living in canada and sending the application to washington DC do i have to send any documents other than the expiring passport? I see that i should not have to BUT:

I have read the notes to completing the application form but am just double checking with those who have or are doing the same?

Thank you
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 3:33 am
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: renewing childrens uk passports in canada (now Washinton DC)

Originally Posted by Bsidebaby
just a quick one - when renewing childrens british passports while living in canada and sending the application to washington DC do i have to send any documents other than the expiring passport? I see that i should not have to BUT:

I have read the notes to completing the application form but am just double checking with those who have or are doing the same?

Thank you
Pictures and any legal documents only, legal documents only if applicable (like custody orders).
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 4:40 pm
Londonurse

marina is on a distinguished road

I had to think about that as well and in the end I only sent the old passports, they took the fees from the credit card. So I assume it is all OK.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Southern Ontario(house is SOLD on our way back to UK/aug 09)
dewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud of

I sent my kids passports off with everything, i could think off..LOL...as i didn't want to get it returned back to me and they are CND...but if your kids were born in the UK, then its just a renewal, right? so I would think just put in their UK long-form birth certs and any old expired passports, the NOTES should explain on the last pg what docs. Also, make sure you find someone that does a british-passport photo, with no watermarks etc etc...I had trouble with that...Blacks was one that was OK. and everything had to be hand written on the back!

I applied for my three children in Ottawa late last year. oh how things change. now its all in the states.