Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Removal of conditions Part II

Removal of conditions Part II

Old Jun 7th 2011, 5:24 am
BE Enthusiast

lostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Removal of conditions Part II

New update:

Suddenly received biometrics letter for my 4 year old pending 751 waiver.

Milan: Welly welly welly well! Massive investigation..yes...so that equates to long time. You got that right Milan.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 1:49 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lostlove
New update:

Suddenly received biometrics letter for my 4 year old pending 751 waiver.

Milan: Welly welly welly well! Massive investigation..yes...so that equates to long time. You got that right Milan.
That's because they are out of date when did you last have them done!
Old Jun 8th 2011, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

lostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond repute

Last biometrics was taken in Dec. 2007.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 1:32 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lostlove
Last biometrics was taken in Dec. 2007.
Thats why I had to get mine updated as well!!
Old Jun 30th 2011, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

New Update:

Biometrics completed today. And hopefully I get some news soon.
Old Jul 5th 2011, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Update:

Called FBI - Fingerprints successful processed, cleared and sent to USCIS on the same day.
Old Jul 7th 2011, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

Scot_in_NYC has a spectacular aura aboutScot_in_NYC has a spectacular aura aboutScot_in_NYC has a spectacular aura about

Am I reading your thread correctly? It's taken FOUR years so far after you filed for removal of conditions?

I'm filing for my conditions to be removed soon (2 year GC expires December 2011) based on bona fide marriage. Divorce papers were filed today and should be processed and final in 60-90 days.
Old Jul 7th 2011, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by Scot_in_NYC
Am I reading your thread correctly? It's taken FOUR years so far after you filed for removal of conditions?

I'm filing for my conditions to be removed soon (2 year GC expires December 2011) based on bona fide marriage. Divorce papers were filed today and should be processed and final in 60-90 days.
Yes you are reading it right his case is complicated yours is a straight forward removal...don't panic lol
Old Jul 7th 2011, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Scot_in_NYC

Hi Scot:

Yes your reading is correct, its 4 years and still waiting. And as poppy told you, do not panic, you will be OK with your straight forward case.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

dnolan1337 is an unknown quantity at this point

I paid a law firm to handle the paperwork and updates for me. The lawyer they had on staff capable of doing immigration work quit, just before my 751 needed to be filed, so the law firm started archiving the letters from USCIS.

When I got a notice that my status was revoked, I had a fun week tracking down the files with the original law firm, found a new lawyer, filed, and had it all straightened out within 3 months. I now have a 10 year residence card sitting in me wallet.

On a side note, the original lawyer died the date the i-751 was due to be filed, so I sent in a copy of the original agreement between the law firm and myself, the obituary from the dead lawyer, and a statement from the law firm that they hadn't contacted me regarding the need to update my status and they were pretty lenient.

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Yes you are reading it right his case is complicated yours is a straight forward removal...don't panic lol
Old Jul 8th 2011, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by dnolan1337
I paid a law firm to handle the paperwork and updates for me. The lawyer they had on staff capable of doing immigration work quit, just before my 751 needed to be filed, so the law firm started archiving the letters from USCIS.

When I got a notice that my status was revoked, I had a fun week tracking down the files with the original law firm, found a new lawyer, filed, and had it all straightened out within 3 months. I now have a 10 year residence card sitting in me wallet.

On a side note, the original lawyer died the date the i-751 was due to be filed, so I sent in a copy of the original agreement between the law firm and myself, the obituary from the dead lawyer, and a statement from the law firm that they hadn't contacted me regarding the need to update my status and they were pretty lenient.
Why was it revoked!
Old Jul 8th 2011, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

I had no notice that a 751 was needing to be filed. It was due in Jan 2010. I did not become aware of the issue until September 2011, when I received a USCIS notice that my application was considered abandoned without prejudice. My status was revoked and I had 90 days to get out or file again.

I chose to file a i751 with a few reams worth of supporting evidence, notarized statements from every member of my wifes family, etc. I had the law firm track down my paperwork, and in return for agreeing not to sue them, they wrote a letter stating they had ****ed up. They provided evince that they failed to contact me regarding it, and stated they passed on the information to the lawyer who died on the day it was supposed to be filed.

All in all, my status was completely removed without prejudice, was given 90 days to get out, work authorization was removed.

1 week after I got the notice, the new lawyer had everything ready to send in. She figured I would need to file a petition to reopen my case (with evidence to support why I didnt respond first time), and a i751 as soon as she received acknowledgement that they had re-opened. I told her I would prefer for her to send in the petition on top of the 751, all at the same time. It worked out well, I had a full 10 yr residence card less than 2 months later.

Why was it revoked!
Old Jul 8th 2011, 8:50 pm

I had no notice that a 751 was needing to be filed. It was due in Jan 2010. I did not become aware of the issue until September 2011, when I received a USCIS notice that my application was considered abandoned without prejudice. My status was revoked and I had 90 days to get out or file again.

I chose to file a i751 with a few reams worth of supporting evidence, notarized statements from every member of my wifes family, etc. I had the law firm track down my paperwork, and in return for agreeing not to sue them, they wrote a letter stating they had ****ed up. They provided evince that they failed to contact me regarding it, and stated they passed on the information to the lawyer who died on the day it was supposed to be filed.

All in all, my status was completely removed without prejudice, was given 90 days to get out, work authorization was removed.

1 week after I got the notice, the new lawyer had everything ready to send in. She figured I would need to file a petition to reopen my case (with evidence to support why I didnt respond first time), and a i751 as soon as she received acknowledgement that they had re-opened. I told her I would prefer for her to send in the petition on top of the 751, all at the same time. It worked out well, I had a full 10 yr residence card less than 2 months later.
Oh well thats cool then.......mine was lost and I had apply for a motion to re-open, its surprising the amount of cases thats get bodged up!!
Old Jul 8th 2011, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

USCIS Messed up too, in not sending the notices to BOTH myself and the lawyer, as is required. But, couldn't prove they didn't, and when you are pleading with USCIS to not **** you over, being nice gets you a little further.

Oh well thats cool then.......mine was lost and I had apply for a motion to re-open, its surprising the amount of cases thats get bodged up!!
Old Jul 8th 2011, 9:07 pm

USCIS Messed up too, in not sending the notices to BOTH myself and the lawyer, as is required. But, couldn't prove they didn't, and when you are pleading with USCIS to not **** you over, being nice gets you a little further.

Agreed they hold no prisoners so better to just let them think they are right

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.