Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

removal of conditions approved but no green card yet. Travel on Wed

removal of conditions approved but no green card yet. Travel on Wed

Old Dec 17th 2013, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

Fingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really nice
Default removal of conditions approved but no green card yet. Travel on Wed

Hello all

I received my I797 approval for removal of conditions in the mail today (filed for removal via Vermont mid Sept so much quicker than expected). I'm going back to the UK for Xmas on Wed but have not received my 10 year green card in the mail yet. The approval is dated Dec 10th, so I don't expect it for a while.

Upon reentry, I was planning to be armed with my 2 year greencard (now expired), 1 extension letter (valid until Aug 2014) and I797 approval notice.

Does anyone have experience of reentry in this situation? I have approval for the 10 year greencard but no greencard actually in hand. Should I delay the flight and attempt an info pass appointment?

Thank you
Old Dec 17th 2013, 12:44 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: removal of conditions approved but no green card yet. Travel on Wed

Originally Posted by Fingers crossed
Does anyone have experience of reentry in this situation?
You don't need the I-797 approval notice. You will be fine with the expired 2-year GC and 1 year extension letter.

Should I delay the flight and attempt an info pass appointment?
No... waste of time and effort.

Ian
Old Dec 17th 2013, 12:48 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with ian, 2 year GC and extension letter and you're good to go.
Old Dec 17th 2013, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

Fingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really niceFingers crossed is just really nice

Just what I was hoping to hear. I'm assuming they will be able to see that I'm approved for the 10 year card. Would you expect any delay at the border while they figure it out?
Old Dec 17th 2013, 12:53 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Just what I was hoping to hear. I'm assuming they will be able to see that I'm approved for the 10 year card. Would you expect any delay at the border while they figure it out?
They may or may not be able to see it on their system. Do not see that it matters you have a GC and extension letter that's provides them with all the information they need. All a 10 GC shows is you are unconditional. A 2 or 10 year GC both show you are a LPR.
Old Dec 17th 2013, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

True. True.
Old Dec 17th 2013, 12:58 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I'm assuming they will be able to see that I'm approved for the 10 year card.
I wouldn't make that assumption... but it's irrelevant at any rate. You are a PR as evidenced by your GC. The letter is proof, for 1 year, that your status as a PR continues. A PR is a PR... enjoy the trip.

Ian
Old Dec 17th 2013, 12:46 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't matter if they see it or not. You are still a PR even if it were not yet approved. The extension letter and expired green card is what you need.

Please don't make things more complicated for yourself by thinking too much.