Wikiposts

Removal of Conditions

Old Apr 8th 2013, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Removal of Conditions

Very excited to have received a letter which I didn't realise existed! Its the letter to say that I must file form I-751 !!
I am aware of it and can file anytime after the 27th April but I didn't think I would be reminded!
Old Apr 8th 2013, 7:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Removal of Conditions

Originally Posted by CAdreaming
Very excited to have received a letter which I didn't realise existed! Its the letter to say that I must file form I-751 !!
I am aware of it and can file anytime after the 27th April but I didn't think I would be reminded!
How time flies when you spent much of the time in the UK.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael
How time flies when you spent much of the time in the UK.
I know Michael - this is the longest stretch of time ive been in the US in the last 2 years - ive been here 10 months non stop!! im back to UK next week tho
Old Apr 8th 2013, 8:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

I know Michael - this is the longest stretch of time ive been in the US in the last 2 years - ive been here 10 months non stop!! im back to UK next week tho
I guess you must have gotten an English type job so you can take vacations whenever you feel like it. Or haven't you started looking yet?
Old Apr 8th 2013, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Michael
I guess you must have gotten an English type job so you can take vacations whenever you feel like it. Or haven't you started looking yet?
I've been self employed since being in US as I needed to be available to go back to the UK due to my mum being sick
After I get back from this next trip im going to start to look for part time work - not easy in the current Nor Cal economy!
Old Apr 8th 2013, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

tilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud of

Hope your mum gets better soon
Old Apr 8th 2013, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tilz
Hope your mum gets better soon
Opps my bad!! (how American am I sounding) totally my fault for not being clear and assuming that everyone who reads this knows me - which of course they don't
Mum passed away last June - im sorry I wasn't clearer!
Old Apr 8th 2013, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

tilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud of

:-( sorry

Let me know how the removal of conditions goes I have to do mine before September too, hopefully its not too painful
Old Apr 8th 2013, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

:-( sorry

Let me know how the removal of conditions goes I have to do mine before September too, hopefully its not too painful
No worries at all!!
Will do - Ive had a quick glance at the form, seems ok and there's great threads on here with lots of great info
Old Apr 9th 2013, 1:18 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Up until about 2-3 years ago, you wouldn't have been reminded. Good luck with your petition.

Regards, JEff

Old Apr 9th 2013, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

Yeah the form doesnt look too bad I guess, the scary bit was the price ! lol
Old Apr 9th 2013, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

WVDreamer is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah the form doesnt look too bad I guess, the scary bit was the price ! lol
What is the cost of the removal of conditions, I still have four/five months left until I can file but I was wondering.

I don't check the forums much these days since I got my conditional permanent residence. Do I need to be aware of anything when going through this process. Nothing has changed on my end, still married and now I have a job (yay!), I was just wondering if I could save myself some money and file myself rather than get a lawyer involved. I remember looking ages ago and the form seemed fairly simple.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by WVDreamer
What is the cost of the removal of conditions, I still have four/five months left until I can file but I was wondering.

I don't check the forums much these days since I got my conditional permanent residence. Do I need to be aware of anything when going through this process. Nothing has changed on my end, still married and now I have a job (yay!), I was just wondering if I could save myself some money and file myself rather than get a lawyer involved. I remember looking ages ago and the form seemed fairly simple.
Filing Fee :
$505. (Add $85 biometric fee for a total of $590, where applicable. See the form instructions for payment details.)
Special Instructions :
Note on Filing Fee: Please include the base petition fee plus $85 biometric services fee for all conditional resident applicants. Each conditional resident child listed under Part 5 of this form who is a dependent seeking to remove their conditional status, is required to submit an additional biometric services fee of $85, regardless of age.

I will be doing this myself too, I haven't used a lawyer in any of the process, just this website :-)

Dont get me wrong its a small price to pay to live here , I love where I am I was just shocked it was over $500 for some reason I thought it was a lot less ..

Last edited by tilz; Apr 9th 2013 at 3:35 am.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WVDreamer

im filing myself - just make sure you read all the instructions first
It does say that you need as well as documents 2 affidavits
from people who know you and know you to have entered a marriage in good faith but im sure that I read on the forums that this wasn't necessary - I will double check that one!!
Old Apr 9th 2013, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

Yeah I saw that too, must admit I havent read into it all yet but they also want things like proof of marriage like joint accounts/joint rental agreements/ names on household bills etc etc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.