Wikiposts

removal of conditions

Old Jul 17th 2005, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

switiksangel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default removal of conditions

I dont know if I understood this right.

If entry into the states is before 2nd wedding anniversary then conditional Permanent residence status is grandted.
Removal of conditions of Permanent resident is after 2 years.

does this mean, our 2nd wedding anniverary?
or 2nd anniversary of stepping into the US as a resident.
which would mean about the time of our 3rd anniversary as we are hoping to enter around the time we celebrate our first anniversary.

Thanks
Old Jul 18th 2005, 12:12 am
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: removal of conditions

2nd anniversary of stepping into the US as a resident. And you can file the I-751 in the 90-day window prior to this 2 year mark.

Elaine
Old Jul 18th 2005, 12:22 am
BE Enthusiast

bionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by switiksangel

If entry into the states is before 2nd wedding anniversary then conditional Permanent residence status is grandted.

which would mean about the time of our 3rd anniversary as we are hoping to enter around the time we celebrate our first anniversary.

Thanks
Right. The alien and spouse send a joint petition for removal of conditions 90 days prior to the second anniversary of the date the alien received permanent residency. (The date PR was received should be printed on the GC).
Old Jul 18th 2005, 3:55 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by switiksangel

Thanks
Hi angel,
You should probably read the source on this; it's very clear what the requirements are and you'll want first-hand knowledge of it before the time comes.
Go to uscis.gov and drill down thru the 'How Do I' sections to Permanent Residency + its related page Removing Conditions.

If someone gets CR-1 status at entry or AOS, it's always going to be I-751 2 years from the date they get the PR.
Old Jul 24th 2005, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

switiksangel is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies!

i guess it was just wishful thinking on my part, the sooner we get it over with, the less chances of forgetting to do it.