Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Relocating to USA from UK with kids

Relocating to USA from UK with kids

Old Apr 8th 2020, 5:16 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relocating to USA from UK with kids

Originally Posted by MatteoStefano
all asked was a simple question not to criticise and question my life...I see two of you are jumping into conclusions and assumptions..I have been single for years before I met my new partner and never jumped into relationships...I know I made a bad choice with my ex husband and you do not need to tell me that..how do you know how much time I gave to myself...it doesnt mean I did not get divorce because I was in a normal marriage..my marriage was broken since 10 years...we were all in a different countries because he didnt wanna take responsibility of our kids..I lived with him in a same home maybe in totally 3 years...ahhh I'm even justifying myself here to you guys...all is for sure you guys know nothing but like to jump into conclusions...
Stay out of deep end there bucko. You just put way more words in my mouth there than I actually said. I certainty didn't criticism you, and neither has Pulaski.

I just think you need to step back and take a break and take some time to thnk. Desperate people make poor decisions, and the way you are talking sounds desperate.
Old Apr 8th 2020, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

MatteoStefano is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by civilservant
Stay out of deep end there bucko. You just put way more words in my mouth there than I actually said. I certainty didn't criticism you, and neither has Pulaski.

I just think you need to step back and take a break and take some time to thnk. Desperate people make poor decisions, and the way you are talking sounds desperate.
actually u critised me by saying I made a poor choice...keep your opinions to yourself...if.i was desparate I would give up my.kids and relocate to any country and wouldn't fight for his consent...if I was desparate I would do what u guys suggested and give up my.kids custody to rush and run to a man...keep your Visa words for yourself and step back..
Old Apr 8th 2020, 5:27 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

You came onto an online forum and solicited advice. You don't get to determine what advice people give. What you like or don't like is your problem. Sorry.

No one suggested you should abandon your kids. We said that it was one of the options that where obvious from what you had described. See what I'm talking about? You aren't even reading clearly.

Take a breath.
Old Apr 8th 2020, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

You came onto an online forum and solicited advice. You don't get to determine what advice people give. What you like or don't like is your problem. Sorry.

No one suggested you should abandon your kids. We said that it was one of the options that where obvious from what you had described. See what I'm talking about? You aren't even reading clearly.

Take a breath.
It is suggestion or option ..both are same..and I'm.just giving example from the option u gave and I said how do you.know I am desperate? If i was desparate I would have done that option years ago to run a man and I clearly said I will not abandon my.kids..that must show you the signs that I am not desparate before you make nonsense statement about people...it is an online forum to exchange information not criticise and bully people on the forum by calling them desparate and think you are the wisest person here...this is not giving advice apart from assuming and having courage to preach people unnecessary...
Old Apr 8th 2020, 5:52 pm
Often not so civil...

*facepalm*

I give up. You have your information. Consult a solicitor.

Unless you want to try to tell me that that isn't appropriate to say because it's a suggestion?!?!
Old Apr 8th 2020, 5:59 pm
Just Joined

*facepalm*

I give up. You have your information. Consult a solicitor.

Unless you want to try to tell me that that isn't appropriate to say because it's a suggestion?!?!
go back and read your comments.then you will understand what is appropriate and what is not..then you'll understand you are not in a position to preach apart from giving information...do not think people are weak and you go to far than your purpose...though thank you for the last plain simple advice
Old Apr 8th 2020, 6:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

It is suggestion or option ..both are same..and I'm.just giving example from the option u gave and I said how do you.know I am desperate? If i was desparate I would have done that option years ago to run a man and I clearly said I will not abandon my.kids..that must show you the signs that I am not desparate before you make nonsense statement about people...it is an online forum to exchange information not criticise and bully people on the forum by calling them desparate and think you are the wisest person here...this is not giving advice apart from assuming and having courage to preach people unnecessary...
Nobody is bullying you, or even criticising you. You're reading too much in to it.

They've simply given you your options, and pointed out that it's actually illegal in the US for your future husband to be unable to resign from a job. Slavery's been outlawed there for a while.

But if you don't want to leave your kids behind, and he really doesn't want to resign from his job, and you're sure that your ex won't give you permission to remove the kids from the UK, then you've got no other option - you'll have to go to court.

Best of luck with it.
Old Apr 8th 2020, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Nobody is bullying you, or even criticising you. You're reading too much in to it.

They've simply given you your options, and pointed out that it's actually illegal in the US for your future husband to be unable to resign from a job. Slavery's been outlawed there for a while.

But if you don't want to leave your kids behind, and he really doesn't want to resign from his job, and you're sure that your ex won't give you permission to remove the kids from the UK, then you've got no other option - you'll have to go to court.

Best of luck with it.
I think you did not read all comments saying I am desparate and I made a bad choice with my first husband...is it sounding too funny that I said he cannot resign...i said there are reasons he cannot..you are funny by the way...yeah i know slavery is outlawed thanks to british...i did not need life advice i needed simple information...
Old Apr 8th 2020, 6:17 pm
Just Joined

I think you did not read all comments saying I am desparate and I made a bad choice with my first husband...is it sounding too funny that I said he cannot resign...i said there are reasons he cannot..you are funny by the way...yeah i know slavery is outlawed thanks to british...i did not need life advice i needed simple information...
and I said resigning from his job is not an option for us...but he kept going...I am waiting for another people to join to this nonsense conversation ...it is like not a forum of information but preaching about life and assuming things...full of guru....ease do go back and read how it escalated from resigning from a job came to preaching me
Old Apr 8th 2020, 6:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

and I said resigning from his job is not an option for us...but he kept going...I am waiting for another people to join to this nonsense conversation ...it is like not a forum of information but preaching about life and assuming things...full of guru....ease do go back and read how it escalated from resigning from a job came to preaching me
The OP is now aware of her limited options, so I don’t see any point in carrying this on. Thanks to all those that took the time to help her.

Thread closed.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Apr 8th 2020 at 6:38 pm.