Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Relatively fast response to fiancé visa petition

Relatively fast response to fiancé visa petition

Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:57 am
Just Joined

PhilG is just really nicePhilG is just really nicePhilG is just really nicePhilG is just really nicePhilG is just really nicePhilG is just really nicePhilG is just really nicePhilG is just really nicePhilG is just really nice
Default Relatively fast response to fiancé visa petition

For what it's worth, you might be interested to know that I applied for my visa in August last year. It went to the Vermont centre, which according to the website had an average processing time of six months, but I actually received my petition approval letter after only four months.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 12:19 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relatively fast response to fiancé visa petition

Originally Posted by PhilG
For what it's worth, you might be interested to know that I applied for my visa in August last year. It went to the Vermont centre, which according to the website had an average processing time of six months, but I actually received my petition approval letter after only four months.

There is no such animal as "average" in terms of the USCIS. Your timeline falls well within the Vermont Service Center's guideline for adjudication of the I-129F. Now on to the K-1 processing which might take a bit longer.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 12:51 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

Pedantic Stuart notes -- "visa" and "visa petition" are two different things. A common error -- even made by employees of the Dark Forces and the Courts and many Immigration Lawyers, two. A common error, but still an error.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 4:31 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for sharing your details! That will be helpful to others who read the posted processing times on uscis.gov and despair of 6 months for their own case.

FYI, the posted processing dates are almost never correct; it's a lot better to read reports like yours from people who filed for the same benefit and the same time to the same office. Which still only gives you a hint. I'm sorry no one ever told you that the 'six months' is the standard language they use for most petitions & applications. It is their goal timeline and/or the date of the oldest case on the shelf.

Now that your petition is done, you can start getting your visa application docs ready! Did you see the new police check information pinned at the top of the forum?
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of light

We filed the initial I-129 application at thr beginning of Feb and I had my visa in hand on May 30th.....Went through Vermont too
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:01 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AlienUk
We filed the initial I-129 application at thr beginning of Feb and I had my visa in hand on May 30th.....Went through Vermont too
Wow! 4 months from start to finish?? Unheard of nowadays!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Noorah101
And very glad I was too, considering I ended up having my baby Aug 24th!!!

I think I'm being punished for it now though, we sent off my AOS on Feb 1st, didn't get the NOAs until MARCH 4th!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:24 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

And very glad I was too, considering I ended up having my baby Aug 24th!!!

I think I'm being punished for it now though, we sent off my AOS on Feb 1st, didn't get the NOAs until MARCH 4th!
Yeah, where's rebeccajo and her sad story? Lightning fast petition + visa, AGES for AOS due to namecheck.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by meauxna
Yeah, where's rebeccajo and her sad story? Lightning fast petition + visa, AGES for AOS due to namecheck.
Please don't scare me!!!

I have a very unsual, but un-terroristlike name, hopefully that'll help...
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:44 pm

Please don't scare me!!!

I have a very unsual, but un-terroristlike name, hopefully that'll help...
Not to scare you, at all. Simply to point out that there are a lot of goal markers in this game, and you never know which one will take the longest.

The receipting delay shouldn't have anything to do directly with the speed of your case; they simply received a LOT of paperwork all at one time and are catching up.

You probably already know, but you can track your District Office time line for I-485 to see how they have been doing with other AOS cases. And then you might get transferred to the CSC and get approved in a snap, with no interview!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:47 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101

I remember the days in 1998 when I filed the I129F in Vermont and Jim had his K-1 from Montreal June 10th and that was with postponing things a month.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by meauxna
Not to scare you, at all. Simply to point out that there are a lot of goal markers in this game, and you never know which one will take the longest.

The receipting delay shouldn't have anything to do directly with the speed of your case; they simply received a LOT of paperwork all at one time and are catching up.

You probably already know, but you can track your District Office time line for I-485 to see how they have been doing with other AOS cases. And then you might get transferred to the CSC and get approved in a snap, with no interview!
Lol, I know you weren't trying to

Yup, the USCIS does things at their own pace....I think it makes things harder though with the fact you can now see other people's timelines...It was pure torture watching many other people filing AFTER me but getting their biometrics appointments and NOAs BEFORE me.....
Old Mar 10th 2008, 7:14 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

The CIS goal is to get things out the door within 180 days. Read the first sentence on the processing time report.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

sunny08 is a jewel in the roughsunny08 is a jewel in the roughsunny08 is a jewel in the roughsunny08 is a jewel in the rough

Fingers and toes crossed here! We have a tentative Sept 27th wedding planned......so I am hoping like heck we get my man here by then! LOL