Relationship evidence.

Old May 13th 2005, 10:10 am
Nigeria & USA

Nigerialove is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Relationship evidence.

I m a usc male engaged to Nigeria beautiful lady,and my fiancee will be having her interview on the 27th of this may,but i want to know what chances we have .Here are the evidence we have.

1-one picture of us together
2,Air line ticket
3,Biarding passes
4,Hotel reservation ticket
5,Hotel ticket
6,Drinks bill from the hotel
7,Bill from other reataurant
8,Flight intenary
9,Phone bills
10,Front pages of my international passport showing my visa and the stamp
10 225 pages of emails,because she send me email most
12,1500 pages of chart script because we charts every day
13 ,Emails between my sister and my fiancee,there is lots of that.
13 ,Church announcement,which was made by her mother on our engagement.
14,Letters and cards from her sister,her sister friends and her friends too.
15,Letter from her reverend father congratulating her on our engagement.
16,Letters from her town memebers in her city congratulating her parent on our engagement
17, She mades a sample of our wedding invitation card.

All those are what we have as our evidence,infact we still have some emails and chart script we havent printed out.Though we have some pictures ,but they are all shadows,and one picure only came so good and that is what we will be using for the interview.But she will be taking along the other pictures along that way.
So please all you guys that have gone through the Nigeria consulate,i really need your advice ,because my fiancee is really scared about the interview.I wish i could be there with her,but i cant ,because of my work.
Thank you Guys
Old May 13th 2005, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

brownin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Relationship evidence.

[QUOTE/]
2,Air line ticket
3,Biarding passes
5,Hotel ticket
8,Flight intenary
9,Phone bills
16,Letters from her town memebers in her city congratulating her parent on our engagement
[/QUOTE]

Is this all of the things that you have included in your K1 visa application?
If it is......... WOW!!!!!!

You don't need all of those emails.
I do think that you need a few more photos though, just to satisfy the visual.
You need to write an addtional letter of intent, so that they have one closer to the interview date, it shows you are still willing.
The first 10 thing are releveant, but I think that the rest is a bt excessive.

I hope that this helps!
Old May 13th 2005, 1:22 pm
Nigeria & USA

Thank you Browin for the answer, im very grateful,but i think she will really need those remaining one ,because they says ,Lagos is a very tough place.My fiancee will be going through lagos embassy ,and i ve read lots of Nigerian's experience,and they are all good experiences.
I never include all those things in the K1 visa applucation ,but i think its the best for the interview ,since we only have one clear picture,but the other are not clear at all.
Old May 13th 2005, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

Exclamation Re: Relationship evidence.

Originally Posted by Nigerialove
Thank you Browin for the answer, im very grateful,but i think she will really need those remaining one ,because they says ,Lagos is a very tough place.My fiancee will be going through lagos embassy ,and i ve read lots of Nigerian's experience,and they are all good experiences.
I never include all those things in the K1 visa applucation ,but i think its the best for the interview ,since we only have one clear picture,but the other are not clear at all.

If you think it will help, but I still think that it is a bit excessive, I don't see the person at the consulate wanting to read all of the emails. Plus, I don't see how emails from your fiancee to your sister (and vise versa) can help your visa petition.

However, as I said before I think that you should try to get some more photographs (clear or not) because visual evidence goes a long way. Do you have any other evidence of your pending marriage? (e.g. reciept for an engagement ring or any other purchases). I think this could help you also.

Oh yeah, rememeber to write another letter of intent as I mentioned before.

I wish you luck with your interview nigerialove.
Old May 13th 2005, 3:41 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Brownin, there is a big difference between London and Lagos.

Trying to remember how Mr F put it, escapes me but Lagos is a league of its own as far as visa fraud is concerned and applications are scrutinised accordingly.

OP - have a look here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/in...p?showforum=89
Old May 14th 2005, 9:01 am
Nigeria & USA

Thank you guys for the responce.Yes we have the engagement ring receipt,i forgot to list it among the evidence.
Well the main thing is that we have just one picture,but the other pictures are just shadow,though it shows our body ,but it didint show so well,so i asked her to take them along with the the clear one,because they might ask her why we have just one picture,so she will be able to tell them why and show the pictures to the CO officer.
Boiler ,you are very right ,Lagos is rated the visa high fraud ,and that is why i want her to take along every thing with her to the interview.I cant wait for her to be here,because i ve really miss her so much
Old May 14th 2005, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Good luck with the interview

I hope everything goes well
Old May 14th 2005, 9:17 am
Nigeria & USA

Thank you Browin ,i m so grateful for your advice.But are there no more Nigerian's in here .
Pls come out and give me some insight
Old May 14th 2005, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

Lightbulb Re: Relationship evidence.

Thank you Browin ,i m so grateful for your advice.But are there no more Nigerian's in here .
Pls come out and give me some insight

Join this site http://www.visajourney.com it has a forum for USC with African partners and can give you lots of advice for the different stages of your visa (e.g K1, AOS, etc). I am on there too, same name....
Old May 14th 2005, 12:26 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Boiler
Brownin, there is a big difference between London and Lagos.

Trying to remember how Mr F put it, escapes me but Lagos is a league of its own as far as visa fraud is concerned and applications are scrutinised accordingly.

OP - have a look here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/in...p?showforum=89
Hi:

A senior ConOff once remarked to me that the fraud scale is "low, medium, high, Lagos." It seems that certain embassies are considered "training posts" -- Lagos for fraud, Moscow for crime, etc etc.
Old May 14th 2005, 12:33 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

I m a usc male engaged to Nigeria beautiful lady,and my fiancee will be having her interview on the 27th of this may,but i want to know what chances we have .Here are the evidence we have.

2,Air line ticket
3,Biarding passes
5,Hotel ticket
8,Flight intenary
9,Phone bills

All those are what we have as our evidence,infact we still have some emails and chart script we havent printed out.Though we have some pictures ,but they are all shadows,and one picure only came so good and that is what we will be using for the interview.But she will be taking along the other pictures along that way.
So please all you guys that have gone through the Nigeria consulate,i really need your advice ,because my fiancee is really scared about the interview.I wish i could be there with her,but i cant ,because of my work.
Thank you Guys
Hi:

Your list is fine. However, don't obsess over the documentation. Although important, documentation can always be, and often is, forged. The most important factor will be your beloved. She must be excruciatingly honest in her interview.

She should follow the three cardinal rules of interviewing to avoid shooting herself in the foot [avoiding a "hard" denial is of ULTIMATE importance which trumps getting an approval on 5/27].

First -- tell the truth. It is easier to remember. If she doesn't know the answer she should say "I don't know" if that is the truth. "I don't remember" may also be truthful. Corrollary: do NOT guess.

Second -- understand the question asked. If you anwer a question you don't understand, then you run the risk of violating rule #1. It is OK to say "I don't understand your question" or "Please repeat that" or "What??"

Third -- the hardest rule to follow. Answer ONLY the question which is asked, nothing more! "Do you know what time it is?" "Yes, I do." Most people will break this rule and say "10:30".

These rules are designed to work with the nervousness your beloved will feel and when interviewed by the ConOff from Hell -- many of whom work in Lagos.

Good luck.
Old May 14th 2005, 2:42 pm
Nigeria & USA

Thank you Fokunksyinla,she knew about the whole rules and there is nothing for her to lie about.Infact she was once denied a visitor visa last year .She has applied for the visa before we met,and she was denied,because she doesnt have much ties in her home country.
And she will never denied about that ,she did mention it in her DS 156.Some people asked her to change her passport to new one,but she bluntly turn them down,because she will never lie to the CO about any thing.
And you are right about not answering any question she didnt know ,and the best thing to say when ask such question is ,i dont know or iu have no idea.
Thank you so much for the info and i will also tell her all those things too.
Old May 15th 2005, 2:32 pm
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all

Thank you Fokunksyinla,she knew about the whole rules and there is nothing for her to lie about.Infact she was once denied a visitor visa last year .She has applied for the visa before we met,and she was denied,because she doesnt have much ties in her home country.
And she will never denied about that ,she did mention it in her DS 156.Some people asked her to change her passport to new one,but she bluntly turn them down,because she will never lie to the CO about any thing.
And you are right about not answering any question she didnt know ,and the best thing to say when ask such question is ,i dont know or iu have no idea.
Thank you so much for the info and i will also tell her all those things too.
Why did she want a visitors visa before you met? To an interviewer that could raise some flags (does for me, Nigeria has a pretty poor record in my home country for various fraud etc).

If I were the USC I would be threading VERY carefully here, it is VERY easy to be fool someone into thinking they are being married for love and not just a visa to get into the US.

BE CAREFUL

Patrick
Old May 15th 2005, 2:47 pm
Nigeria & USA

She was invited to the US by her cousin,she is not even intrested in moving to the state,because of many thing she heard about being maltreated by the USC,but i told her such thing will never happen to her ,because i love her so much.
I met her on line when she has already applied for her visa,but then she hasnt gone for her interview when we met on line,so all her intention then was to come to visit her cousin and to also use that as an oportunity to come and see me,and after the visiting,she will then come back ,because she was still in school by then. But at the long run she was denied.
Thank you for your concern ,i love her so much and she is not such person who is trying to get married because of a green card.She do cry a lot because she is going to miss her family when she comes here,but i told her not to worry,because i m going to take good care of her
Old May 16th 2005, 9:50 pm
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute

i told her not to worry,because i m going to take good care of her
Awww.... that is so sweet! It really is too bad that you dont have more pics, though. Pictures are very important.

Good Luck!
Marnee