regulations about starting marrieg visa

Wikiposts

regulations about starting marrieg visa

Old Jun 4th 2007, 5:42 am
Sarahhhhh

mads85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default regulations about starting marrieg visa

hello

i am starting a 12 month job in the US in october, I was wondering whether it si possible to carry out the initial stages of getting a marrige visa whilst im actaully living in the US? or whether i have to be living in england at the time the papers and filled and filed??
thanks y'all
Old Jun 4th 2007, 5:45 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: regulations about starting marrieg visa

Originally Posted by mads85
hello

i am starting a 12 month job in the US in october, I was wondering whether it si possible to carry out the initial stages of getting a marrige visa whilst im actaully living in the US? or whether i have to be living in england at the time the papers and filled and filed??
thanks y'all
Are you saying your the alien
you want to marry a US citizen...

What visa will you be on for this 12 months work ..
Old Jun 4th 2007, 5:47 am
Sarahhhhh

yes i am english, and my boyfriend is american. and i will be on the J1 visa, and work/part-time student
Old Jun 4th 2007, 5:47 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

hello

thanks y'all
Sort of depends what you're planning to do in the future and which visa you arrive on for your work here.

But it could certainly be possible to be out in the US on a working visa and to marry a US citizen here and to stay and remain working in the US as a permanent resident without returning home if that's what you want to know.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 5:51 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

the J1 visa
O dear! Red flag one! I'm bowing out and awaiting the experts....
Old Jun 4th 2007, 5:53 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
O dear! Red flag one! I'm bowing out and awaiting the experts....
If you do not have a 2 year home requirement ...
I believe you can marry and adjust status while
in the country ..
Old Jun 4th 2007, 5:59 am
Septicity

Originally Posted by Ray
I believe you can marry and adjust status while
in the country ..
There's some crapity crap about government sponsorship and maybe something else as well. Hell..I'll have to Google in a minute.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 6:01 am
Sarahhhhh

2 year home requirement? i dont think i do, but not too sure who it applies too!
Old Jun 4th 2007, 6:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

2 year home requirement? i dont think i do, but not too sure who it applies too!
For a UK citizen who lives in the UK, there are 2 categories.

The program was financed in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by an agency of the United States government or by the country of exchange visitor's nationality or last residence.
or
The exchange visitor was a physician who entered the United States to receive medical education or training (except those who participated in a program involving exclusively teaching research or consultation).

If you are subject to it you have to leave and go home for 2 years after your visa expires. You can apply for a waiver of that requirement though, probably a no objection statement from the UK government but there are a couple of others that could potentially apply if you are in the medical field or working on a government project and 2 years away would be a bad thing.

I believe it shows it on the visa if you are subject to it, but I'm not sure.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 10:35 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
I believe you can marry and adjust status while in the country ..
If she does have the 2 year HRR, she can still marry... but she'll have to return to the UK for 2 years before she can come back to the US.

Ian
Old Jun 4th 2007, 12:33 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
If she does have the 2 year HRR, she can still marry... but she'll have to return to the UK for 2 years before she can come back to the US.

Ian
Or apply for a waiver and hope it is approved
Old Jun 4th 2007, 12:51 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

hello

thanks y'all
Hi;
Are you married to a US citizen? If you are, you can carry out the initial stages of getting a marriage visa from the US.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 12:57 am
Capt. Tuttle

Duncan Roberts wrote:
>>2 year home requirement? i dont think i do, but not too sure who it
>>applies too!
>
>
> For a UK citizen who lives in the UK, there are 2 categories.
>
> The program was financed in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by
> an agency of the United States government or by the country of exchange
> visitor's nationality or last residence.
> or
> The exchange visitor was a physician who entered the United States to
> receive medical education or training (except those who participated in
> a program involving exclusively teaching research or consultation).
>
> If you are subject to it you have to leave and go home for 2 years after
> your visa expires. You can apply for a waiver of that requirement
> though, probably a no objection statement from the UK government but
> there are a couple of others that could potentially apply if you are in
> the medical field or working on a government project and 2 years away
> would be a bad thing.
>
> I believe it shows it on the visa if you are subject to it, but
> I'm not sure.
>

I don't know if the 2 year requirement is shown on the visa, but I know
it is shown on the DS-2019. There is a check box near the bottom on the
left side of the DS-2019 that shows if the person is subject to it or not.

Old Jun 5th 2007, 2:16 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

hello

thanks y'all

I see you have not replied to anyone's suggestions. I interpret your post to mean that you are looking for a UK marriage visa since you are only here in the US for one year and also because there is no such animal as a marriage visa for the US.

If so, then it is quite simple. You can get married here in the US and when time for you to leave your one year employment, head to the British Consulate and file your spouse's petition. They will receive their settlement visa inside of 3 days if not sooner.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 5:17 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Capt. Tuttle
I don't know if the 2 year requirement is shown on the visa, but I know
it is shown on the DS-2019. There is a check box near the bottom on the
left side of the DS-2019 that shows if the person is subject to it or not.
Actually, both the J-1 visa AND the DS-2019 will indicate whether the the 2HHR applies. On the visa, under "Annotation" it will read "SECTION 212(E) APPLIES" if the 2HHR applies.

On the DS-2019, in the section filled out and signed by the consular officer on the bottom left-hand side, it reads:
The Exchange Visitor in the above program:

1. [ ] Not subject to the two-year residence requirement
2. [ ] Subject to the two-year residence requirement based on:
A. [ ] Government financing and/or
B. [ ] The Exchange Visitor Skills List and/or
C. [ ] PL 94-484 as amended
~ Jenney

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.