Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Refusing to give a DNA sample.

Wikiposts

Refusing to give a DNA sample.

Old Dec 1st 2008, 1:34 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Refusing to give a DNA sample.

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
Erm, what does that ^^ have to do with a crime being commited?
What happened if you made a bomb at home? Or a Mandelorian death ray. We just can't take the chance.
Well, if you have no nothing to hide, why the objection?
Old Dec 1st 2008, 1:38 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
You don't deserve freedom and liberty. Shame on you.
Never asked for it.

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Well why don't you flush 800 years or so of hard won rights down the kazi? Doesn't really seem the most intelligent thing to do, does it? And they're not yours to give away, anyway, so keep your stinkin' hands off 'em.
Dont really give a shit, if you think you have any real "rights" I LOL in your face.

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Can I put CCTV in your bedroom then? I promise I won't watch while your wife gets undressed.
I thought I'd quote this again for the "lol factor"

Yes! Chalk one up for justice.

\ Mum and Dad work the police.
\\ Hate bent coppers.
\\\ Hate their puppet masters more.
\\\\ Freedom and liberty are absolutes.
Absolute bollocks

But keep on fighting, the sooner you realise that soylent green is people the better.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 1:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Erm, what does that ^^ have to do with a crime being commited?
Is there a problem? You're not doing anything wrong, are you?
Old Dec 1st 2008, 1:40 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

lol, again, I did'nt say it was a problem, are you seriously trying to prove a point?

If so you're about as sharp as a cucumber...
Old Dec 1st 2008, 1:43 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Dont really give a shit, if you think you have any real "rights" I LOL in your face.
It's not really a laughing matter. You've managed to unite the right and the left in this short thread, which is quite an achievement really. Any other rights you want to flush while you're at it?
Old Dec 1st 2008, 1:44 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Never asked for it.
Ingrate.

Yeah, but you have to aspire to ideals. Look at Giuliani's broken windows policy and how successful that was is in NY.

Absolute bollocks
Don't be starting any nuanced !(black/white) shades of grey argument.

But keep on fighting, the sooner you realise that soylent green is people the better.
And damn scrummy they are too.
Yes! My first multiquote post.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 1:45 pm
Peace onion

It's not really a laughing matter. You've managed to unite the right and the left in this short thread, which is quite an achievement really. Any other rights you want to flush while you're at it?
What he said.
<folds arms and attempts to look menacing>
Old Dec 1st 2008, 1:49 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

It's not really a laughing matter
Yeah it is...

The slight chance that you think I'm serious is hillarious....

I'll be back in a bit to pick your argument to bits if you can be botherd putting up a good one.

Tell me what righs we really have....
Old Dec 1st 2008, 1:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

lol, again, I did'nt say it was a problem, are you seriously trying to prove a point?
Well can I put one up then?

If so you're about as sharp as a cucumber...
Says the bright spark who can't spell.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 1:55 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah it is...

The slight chance that you think I'm serious is hillarious....

I'll be back in a bit to pick your argument to bits if you can be botherd putting up a good one.

Tell me what righs we really have....
Where would you like me to start with privacy rights? The Constitution good enough for you? Start with Amendments I, III, IV, IX and XIV.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

I think that some of the people posting here might either enjoy or be educated by this video of a very animated Professor James Duane explaining why you should absolutely never ever talk to the police even if you (think you) are completely innocent.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 12:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Yes! My first multiquote post.
Congratulations
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 1:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by md95065
I think that some of the people posting here might either enjoy or be educated by this video of a very animated Professor James Duane explaining why you should absolutely never ever talk to the police even if you (think you) are completely innocent.
Awesome video - thanks for that!

My word, the way that professor talks... At the risk of dating myself, I felt like a 33rpm record was being played at 45rpm
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 2:33 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Will the latest police abuses in the UK, it got me to wondering. What would happen if you refused to give a DNA sample?

I know under European law they can't compel you to give a DNA sample. If they tried to take one using force, could you defend yourself and then sue them?
In the US if you refuse to give DNA then that should just be the end of it. It doesn't really work that way though. They will (1) get a warrant for your DNA or (2) find some other tricky sneaky clever way to get it.

This is my most recent favorite tricky sneaky clever way:

"After identifying him as a potential suspect, police conducted surveillance on Biela, who worked as a pipe fitter. Police interviewed him and asked whether he would submit a DNA sample, but he refused, they said.

Detectives then spoke with Biela's girlfriend, who allowed police to take a DNA sample from their 4-year-old son, Poehlman said.

Police said that sample matched the boy's father to DNA evidence found both at the scene where Denison's body was found and on a rear door of the student apartment from which she was abducted."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/11/26/...est/index.html

If the police ask for your DNA should you cooperate? Hell no - specially if you're guilty. But, if they really really want to, they will very likely be able to get a hold of it eventually.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 3:03 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
In the US if you refuse to give DNA then that should just be the end of it. It doesn't really work that way though. They will (1) get a warrant for your DNA or (2) find some other tricky sneaky clever way to get it.

This is my most recent favorite tricky sneaky clever way:

"After identifying him as a potential suspect, police conducted surveillance on Biela, who worked as a pipe fitter. Police interviewed him and asked whether he would submit a DNA sample, but he refused, they said.

Detectives then spoke with Biela's girlfriend, who allowed police to take a DNA sample from their 4-year-old son, Poehlman said.

Police said that sample matched the boy's father to DNA evidence found both at the scene where Denison's body was found and on a rear door of the student apartment from which she was abducted."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/11/26/...est/index.html

If the police ask for your DNA should you cooperate? Hell no - specially if you're guilty. But, if they really really want to, they will very likely be able to get a hold of it eventually.

I saw them get it from a soda can or something on SVU.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.