Reload this Page >

A record... in and out of NVC in one day

A record... in and out of NVC in one day

Old Dec 9th 2003, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

bionut will become famous soon enoughbionut will become famous soon enough
Default A record... in and out of NVC in one day

Hi everyone

Just thought I would post a timeline as we just cleared the NVC and are moving on to Vancouver today... hooray!

NOA1 - I 130 - 7/15
NOA1 - I 129F - 8/25
Wait and wait and wait
NOA2 - I 129F - 11/26
Sent to NVC friday 12/5
Sent to Vancouver Tuesday 12/9

I think that must be a record but they (NVC) are moving at breakneck speed these days.

On to Vancouver... any advice?

bionut
Old Dec 9th 2003, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

alex_lg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A record... in and out of NVC in one day

Originally posted by bionut
Hi everyone

Just thought I would post a timeline as we just cleared the NVC and are moving on to Vancouver today... hooray!

NOA1 - I 130 - 7/15
NOA1 - I 129F - 8/25
Wait and wait and wait
NOA2 - I 129F - 11/26
Sent to NVC friday 12/5

I think that must be a record but they (NVC) are moving at breakneck speed these days.

bionut
----------------------
Hooray to you!

One thing that still puzzles me is what's the gov's rationale to have everyone sending their K3 to Chicago first and then forwarded to MSC? Likewise, after MSC approves it, why don't they send it to Vancouver directly w/o NVC? Well, if there is indeed rationale in our immigration law, our gov wouldn't still be running Green card lottery w/ the kind of backlog we see today.

There is this guy called Goldrush on this board saying NVC assigns him or his spouse a case no. That totally confuses me. I thought the MSC no. would take you all the way thru.

Anyway, you need a case no. when your spouse goes to see Dr. Morgan. Goldrush's posting makes me wonder if I should wait for the NVC case no. Dr. Morgain runs the only shop in the entire BC for K3 medical. They do K3 only on Wed mornings. I think it starts at 6:30 or 7AM. First come first serve/ cash or money order.

RCMP has 2 different kinds of criminal records check. One w/o fingerprints and takes 10 minute. The other with fingerprint check would take 5 MONTHS unless you fly to Ottawa to apply for it, then I heard it's quite quick. In general fingerprint check is required only if you have a criminal record.

Good luck! Please share with us if NVC indeed gives you a new no. Also I am curious whether you need to go thru an interview or not. I have seen both cases thru Vancouver. It takes extra 2 months if an interview is needed. Thank you.

Alex
Old Dec 9th 2003, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone

NOA1 - I 130 - 7/15
NOA1 - I 129F - 8/25
Wait and wait and wait
NOA2 - I 129F - 11/26
Sent to NVC friday 12/5

bionut
Congrats....
Old Dec 9th 2003, 10:04 pm
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

Congrats Bio
Old Dec 9th 2003, 11:55 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Alex,

Makes reasonable sense to me. Many big businesses do things like this for reasons of efficiency.

It wouldn't be surprising if, when they were setting up the NBC only a couple of years ago, there was existing mailroom space and staff in Chicago to handle the initial opening and sorting of mail. Mailroom operations are different from adjudication - what's the difference if the 2 functions are handled in the same building, in buildings across the streeet from each other, or in buildings a few hundred miles apart?

As for the CIS service centers not sending petitions directly to consulates, same reason that manufacturers don't send goods direct to individual stores. Big retailers have distribution centers where goods come in from various manufacturers and go out to the different stores. The NVC is such a distribution center.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by alex_lg
----------------------
One thing that still puzzles me is what's the gov's rationale to have everyone sending their K3 to Chicago first and then forwarded to MSC? Likewise, after MSC approves it, why don't they send it to Vancouver directly w/o NVC? Well, if there is indeed rationale in our immigration law, our gov wouldn't still be running Green card lottery w/ the kind of backlog we see today.

There is this guy called Goldrush on this board saying NVC assigns him or his spouse a case no. That totally confuses me. I thought the MSC no. would take you all the way thru.

Alex
Old Dec 10th 2003, 5:53 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by alex_lg
----------------------
Hooray to you!

Alex
The MSC number is just your INS receipt number. When your petition goes to NVC they forward it to the relevant embassy. At this point it has a case number mine starts with the letters LND because it is being processed in London.

Hope that helps.

CB
Old Dec 10th 2003, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

alex_lg is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your info. In that case it seems not making sense to do the medical check until a NVC no. is assigned because the consulate is probably not able to ref a MSC no.

Alex
Old Dec 10th 2003, 7:50 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone

NOA1 - I 130 - 7/15
NOA1 - I 129F - 8/25
Wait and wait and wait
NOA2 - I 129F - 11/26
Sent to NVC friday 12/5

bionut

Oh my!!!!!! Thats surely a record!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
:PARTY: :PARTY:

Hyper.. back from shopping
Old Dec 10th 2003, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Where's the Speedy Gonzales smilie when you need it

Congrats!!!!

Elaine