Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Recieved biometrics appointments for children

Recieved biometrics appointments for children

Old Jan 26th 2011, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

CarrotCruncher is a jewel in the roughCarrotCruncher is a jewel in the roughCarrotCruncher is a jewel in the roughCarrotCruncher is a jewel in the roughCarrotCruncher is a jewel in the rough
Default Recieved biometrics appointments for children

Hello,

We filed our AOS, and received the NOA's Today received the appointment letter for biometrics, which is also fabulous. I did a quick search on the forums and can;t find an answer to my question... which is,

Myself and my three children all had appointments in the mail today. My eldest is 12, the others being 9 and 8, and I am not sure what I should do? My understanding was that they did not need to have biometrics done. Is this usual? Should I take along the children?
Old Jan 26th 2011, 6:44 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recieved biometrics appointments for children

Take the kids. They might need to have a photo done for the green card since they don't need fingerprinting until they are 14.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

CarrotCruncher is a jewel in the roughCarrotCruncher is a jewel in the roughCarrotCruncher is a jewel in the roughCarrotCruncher is a jewel in the roughCarrotCruncher is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Rete
Take the kids. They might need to have a photo done for the green card since they don't need fingerprinting until they are 14.
It will be a nice day out. It's a Friday too, so an overnight stay sounds like a plan. Thank you Rete
Old Jan 26th 2011, 11:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by CarrotCruncher
Hello,

We filed our AOS, and received the NOA's Today received the appointment letter for biometrics, which is also fabulous. I did a quick search on the forums and can;t find an answer to my question... which is,

Myself and my three children all had appointments in the mail today. My eldest is 12, the others being 9 and 8, and I am not sure what I should do? My understanding was that they did not need to have biometrics done. Is this usual? Should I take along the children?
Myself and my son went through AOS last September. He was 3 then and received his own biometrics appointment and interview time. The biometrics for him was just a photo and the print of his forefinger. As an FYI (in case you get called for interview) his interview time was before mine by 15 mins.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

TheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jeepgirluk
Myself and my son went through AOS last September. He was 3 then and received his own biometrics appointment and interview time. The biometrics for him was just a photo and the print of his forefinger. As an FYI (in case you get called for interview) his interview time was before mine by 15 mins.
+1.

The Nipper, 3, received his very own biometrics appointment as well, and he had to submit to a photograph and a single fingerprint. I was busy being printed myself, so I didn't see which finger was used.