Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Receiving a summons, will it affect citizenship??

Wikiposts

Receiving a summons, will it affect citizenship??

Old Sep 6th 2008, 3:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Receiving a summons, will it affect citizenship??

Originally Posted by Sarapat
Ms Lui why are you so catty? I was interested in this thread but because of drivel like yours I lost track following it. I am glad that person posted an update separately to let us know there was something substantive to this issue because otherwise I would have just thought this thread had become useless and just full of bitchy comments like yours.

The admin has now closed the new thread but I would appeal to people out there that many of come to this forum to genuinely learn something and not to clutter up the forums with useless bitchy remarks simply because you are bored and lonely.
I'm sure it's much better to have it cluttered up by brand new people posting judgemental drivel regarding regular posters.

Sheesh.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 3:51 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
I'm sure it's much better to have it cluttered up by brand new people posting judgemental drivel regarding regular posters.

Sheesh.
Well I think the reason for new or regular posters not adding to the drivel is the strain it puts of IB's servers. We've already had evidence that they're not all that they could be.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 3:54 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Ms Lui why are you so catty? I was interested in this thread but because of drivel like yours I lost track following it. I am glad that person posted an update separately to let us know there was something substantive to this issue because otherwise I would have just thought this thread had become useless and just full of bitchy comments like yours.

The admin has now closed the new thread but I would appeal to people out there that many of come to this forum to genuinely learn something and not to clutter up the forums with useless bitchy remarks simply because you are bored and lonely.
The lost track following a simple thread .... duh!!!!
yet you come here complaining about drivel ...
Your probably the imaginery friend ...

You get what you get ..take it or leave it ...

I look forward to your next post
Old Sep 6th 2008, 3:54 am
Banned

Sarapat is an unknown quantity at this point

Please Tracy--try not to clog up this forum, we are trying to learn something here. I too received a summons and I really need this info.
It really doesn't matter if you are old or new, let's just try and be smart about it.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 3:56 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Please Tracy--try not to clog up this forum, we are trying to learn something here. I too received a summons and I really need this info.
It really doesn't matter if you are old or new, let's just try and be smart about it.
You got a summons for being stupid ... shit happens !!
Old Sep 6th 2008, 3:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Try to be smart enough to not to come into a group of people that you don't know and try to tell them what to do.

If you need info, try reading through the threads and ask questions if you have them. Rather than trying to boss people around. You might get more help that way.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Norri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui
lol!

The first that springs to mind is the guy questioning whether being caught and convicted of jerking off in his car in a public street was a crime of moral turpitude or not. We dont know where he lives or what his name was or anything - but he at least came and told the story straight - gave a first hand 'accurate' account of the scenario
Old Sep 6th 2008, 8:33 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I too received a summons and I really need this info.
You received a summons for swearing? Wow!

... let's just try and be smart about it.
I think the smart thing would have been to *not* get a summons!

Ian
Old Sep 6th 2008, 8:41 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You received a summons for swearing? Wow!

I think the smart thing would have been to *not* get a summons!

Ian
hi,
please don't play with the sockpuppet.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 4:23 am
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
I am aware of that with Green cards - although I think it's fair enough, for a country to be able to identify those who are here and are not citizens (any country, not just us). Of course, I suspect hardly an PRs do so - for fear of losing the bloody thing

I'm not aware of any requirement for US citizens though...

Ahhhh - she wasn't a citizen, so was supposed to be carrying her ID, that's the thing apparently... Now it makes more sense.
I always carry the green card and my driving licence in my wallet. I'm not scared of losing it either, I'd rather lose it than be asked to show it and not have it with me.
I'd say that she would have been ok to just give her drivers licence to them, or any picture ID. As far as it goes, the police probably won't care what ID it was, but like somone else said in a previous message, they get kid of stroppy if they ask for ID and you can't show them something, just makes them think you have something to hide.
I've been asked for ID when I've been a passenger in a car stopped for a faulty rear light, (going through a dodgy area after dark) I wasn't driving so I could have said I didn't have any with me, but what would have been the point? I asked a copper I know about it and he said it would just have given them the idea that there was something wrong, and that they needed to keep me there and check everything, which was exactly what I thought at the time.

Hope everything turns out ok for your friend.