British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   Received someone else's I-129F! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/received-someone-elses-i-129f-895429/)

BE005 Apr 15th 2017 11:37 am

Received someone else's I-129F!

Got a letter from the London Embassy, cover sheet says approved petition has been received and here's what to do next and there are some of my application details there too. Included with this is a copy of our approved I-129F.

I also got an identical second letter, the cover sheet is the same, addressed to me with my details. The included I-129F though is for a different couple! Interestingly the petitioner on this other I-129F is based in a city of the same name, but different state, as my fiancée.

:blink: :unsure:

KK85 Apr 15th 2017 12:52 pm

Re: Received someone else's I-129F!

Originally Posted by qqg3 (Post 12229637)
Got a letter from the London Embassy, cover sheet says approved petition has been received and here's what to do next and there are some of my application details there too. Included with this is a copy of our approved I-129F.

I also got an identical second letter, the cover sheet is the same, addressed to me with my details. The included I-129F though is for a different couple! Interestingly the petitioner on this other I-129F is based in a city of the same name, but different state, as my fiancée.

:blink: :unsure:

:omg_smile:

Could your fiancée perhaps get in touch with USCIS to inform them that you've received somebody else's paperwork? Would that achieve anything? I'd hate to think of that poor couple potentially incurring any delays because of this. What a pickle!

Congratulations on your approved I-129F! :thumbsup:

Rete Apr 15th 2017 2:55 pm

You do need to contact the US Embassy in London about this for your sake, as well as for the couple who it is addressed to.

If you do a search of this forum you should be able to find the phone number that will get you through to a working person. Explain to them the situation and what to do about it.

BE005 Apr 15th 2017 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 12229721)
You do need to contact the US Embassy in London about this for your sake, as well as for the couple who it is addressed to.

If you do a search of this forum you should be able to find the phone number that will get you through to a working person. Explain to them the situation and what to do about it.

Thanks. I will do this.

There is a slight difference in the cover sheets whereby they have different "Priority dates" which makes me a little anxious.