Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Received our Interview Date

Received our Interview Date

Old Aug 8th 2002, 2:59 pm
Cp

Default Received our Interview Date

Sent email to London Embassy this morning to see what to do about changing work
details on the forms that we sent out, because Clive got made redundant yesterday (
Blessing in Disquise) now we don't have to give a months notice and he can be with us
back in Louisiana sooner....:-) Got a return email from the embassy about 10 minutes
later saying that he does not have to do anything or bring any proof . And next
sentence was: "Please be advised that you have been scheduled for your immigrant visa
interview on September 3, 2002. The appointment letter and information pack was sent
to you yesterday." Wow!! That was great news for us considering that we were
expecting the extra funds from his job which he no longer has so this news at least
let us know that he wont have to starve for too long...lol....."MUM HELP ??".....Well
, just to let everyone know what was happening with our case so far. And I will be
posting the timeline to the other site as soon as Clive returns from his interview.

Cheers, Sheila (U.S.C.) Clive (U.K.C.)
6/17/02- Mailed I-129f petition to TSC from the United Kingdom

6/18/02-Received first NOA from TSC

6/19/02-Mailed London Embassy paper work off to open provisional file

6/20/02- Received 2nd NOA from TSC

6/21/02- Received Interview date for London on 9/03/02

Old Aug 8th 2002, 3:13 pm
Cheryl Lynn

Default Re: Received our Interview Date

Congrats Sheila! A little less than a month and y'all will be together. So they are
moving pretty quickly after you get the 2nd NOA, huh? Good to hear, I'll let my
brother and his fiance know. They will be happy to hear it!

Cheryl

"CP" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Sent email to London Embassy this morning to see what to do about changing work
    > details on the forms that we sent out, because Clive got made
redundant
    > yesterday ( Blessing in Disquise) now we don't have to give a months
notice
    > and he can be with us back in Louisiana sooner....:-) Got a return email from the
    > embassy about 10 minutes later saying that he does not have to do anything or bring
    > any proof . And next sentence was: "Please be advised that you have been scheduled
    > for your immigrant visa interview on September 3, 2002. The appointment letter and
    > information
pack
    > was sent to you yesterday." Wow!! That was great news for us considering that we
    > were expecting the extra funds from his job which he no longer has so this news at
    > least let us know that he wont have to starve for too long...lol....."MUM HELP
    > ??".....Well , just to let everyone know what was happening with our case so far.
    > And I will be posting the timeline to the other site as soon as Clive returns from
    > his interview.
    > Cheers, Sheila (U.S.C.) Clive (U.K.C.)
    > 6/17/02- Mailed I-129f petition to TSC from the United Kingdom
    > 6/21/02-Received first NOA from TSC
    > 7/23/02-Mailed London Embassy paper work off to open provisional file
    > 7/24/02- Received 2nd NOA from TSC
    > 8/08/02- Received Interview date for London on 9/03/02

Old Aug 8th 2002, 8:09 pm
Cp

Cheryl

Did you receive my email from my hotmail address?

--

6/21/02- Received Interview date for London on 9/03/02 Cheryl Lynn
<[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Congrats Sheila! A little less than a month and y'all will be together.
So
    > they are moving pretty quickly after you get the 2nd NOA, huh? Good to hear, I'll
    > let my brother and his fiance know. They will be happy to hear it!
    > Cheryl
    > "CP" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Sent email to London Embassy this morning to see what to do about
changing
    > > work details on the forms that we sent out, because Clive got made
    > redundant
    > > yesterday ( Blessing in Disquise) now we don't have to give a months
    > notice
    > > and he can be with us back in Louisiana sooner....:-) Got a return email from the
    > > embassy about 10 minutes later saying that
he
    > > does not have to do anything or bring any proof . And next sentence was: "Please
    > > be advised that you have been scheduled for your immigrant visa interview on
    > > September 3, 2002. The appointment letter and information
    > pack
    > > was sent to you yesterday." Wow!! That was great news for us considering that we
    > > were expecting the extra funds from his job which he no longer
has
    > > so this news at least let us know that he wont have to starve for too
    > > long...lol....."MUM HELP ??".....Well , just to let everyone know what
was
    > > happening with our case so far. And I will be posting the timeline to
the
    > > other site as soon as Clive returns from his interview.
    > >
    > > Cheers, Sheila (U.S.C.) Clive (U.K.C.)
    > > 6/17/02- Mailed I-129f petition to TSC from the United Kingdom
    > >
    > > 6/21/02-Received first NOA from TSC
    > >
    > > 7/23/02-Mailed London Embassy paper work off to open provisional file
    > >
    > > 7/24/02- Received 2nd NOA from TSC
    > >
    > > 8/08/02- Received Interview date for London on 9/03/02
    > >
    > >

Old Aug 8th 2002, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Hi,
It's funny how after all of the waiting for things and then all of a sudden "out of the blue" you receive that information.
A reply within 10 minutes, you were really lucky.
They "advertise" that they will reply within 48 hours, and in my experience that was about right.
I'm not sure where you got the information that they would take Clive's income into the equation.
Did you mean on the Affadavit of Support ?
Because the London Embassy are not the slightest bit interested in what the Uk spouse/fiancee earns.
They will only consider what assets Clive may have if they are needed to "top up" the affadvit to supplement your earnings.

They realise that the majority of foreign spouses/fiancees do not have a job to go to (irrspective of their potential employment possibilities)
Hence the I-864

Last edited by rogerpenycate; Aug 8th 2002 at 8:39 pm.
Old Aug 8th 2002, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Sorry,
I have been trying to delete the last couple of paragraphs as I had cut/pasted.
and then realised that you were not relying on Clives earnings
on the affadavit, just his income for the food bil when he gets there.
Apologies again.

It;s time I retired.
Old Aug 8th 2002, 9:09 pm
Blue Jjjj3124126

Many congrats to you both ,,,,goodluck regards, Jacqueline W

Old Aug 8th 2002, 10:24 pm
Cp

No we were not using any of his income for any of the paper work....Just his living
conditions here...rent, food, plane tickets...cash on hand to come to the states.
It's not a major disaster for us, just a months less of income to bring back to the
states with him....but the bright side is that he can come eariler. I think they
replied so fast because they felt sorry for him...the least they could do was pick up
his spirits with his interview date....:-)

6/21/02- Received Interview date for London on 9/03/02 rogerpenycate
    > Hi, It's funny how after all of the waiting for things and then all of a sudden
    > "out of the blue" you receive that information. A reply within 10 minutes, you were
    > really lucky. They "advertise" that they will reply within 48 hours, and in my
    > experience that was about right. I'm not sure where you got the information that
    > they would take Clive's income into the equation. Did you mean on the Affadavit of
    > Support ? Because the London Embassy are not the slightest bit interested in what
    > the Uk spouse/fiancee earns. They will only consider what assets Clive may have if
    > they are needed to "top up" the affadvit to supplement your earnings.
    > They realise that the majority of foreign spouses/fiancees do not have a job to go
    > to (irrspective of their potential employment possibilities) Hence the I-864
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 8th 2002, 11:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

I hope you read my amended posting.
So it's egg and chips (fries)instead of steak and fries.
From personal experience it's best to get it done and "get over there"
I made a couple of mistakes which have been quite costly.
1/. I had my house valued too soon, put it on the market and accepted an offer (subject to visa) The process has gone on too long and in the meantime the value of my house has gone up about £3,000 ( but I shook hands on the deal and that's it)
3/. I closed one of my businesses (based on the above) which has resulted in a substantial reduction in my income for the last 2 months.
And so the longer I'm in the UK the worst my financial situation gets and the less of a nest egg I have when I get to the States.
And so based on what I've said (and what you are doing) it
seems better to get Clive over there asap.
Then you can take him to Food Lion and stock up the fridgefreezer.(with his hard earned UK£'s) ;o)
Good luck to you both.
Roger
Old Aug 11th 2002, 9:15 am
Cp

> Then you can take him to Food Lion and stock up the fridgefreezer.(with his hard
    > earned UK£'s) ;o)

Exactly Roger...lol...

--

6/21/02- Received Interview date for London on 9/03/02 rogerpenycate
    > I hope you read my amended posting. So it's egg and chips (fries)instead of steak
    > and fries. From personal experience it's best to get it done and "get over there" I
    > made a couple of mistakes which have been quite costly.
    > 1/. I had my house valued too soon, put it on the market and accepted an offer
    > (subject to visa) The process has gone on too long and in the meantime the
    > value of my house has gone up about £3,000 ( but I shook hands on the deal and
    > that's it)
    > 2/. I closed one of my businesses (based on the above) which has resulted in a
    > substantial reduction in my income for the last 2 months. And so the longer I'm
    > in the UK the worst my financial situation gets and the less of a nest egg I have
    > when I get to the States. And so based on what I've said (and what you are doing)
    > it seems better to get Clive over there asap. Then you can take him to Food Lion
    > and stock up the fridgefreezer.(with his hard earned UK£'s) ;o) Good luck to you
    > both. Roger
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com